2006 Chevy Silverado 1500 **NEW SETUP 05/15**

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
Powercall would be nice. I'm considering changing out the Storm sirens, but not sure for what.

Reactions: TritonBoulder47

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
I may have missed it but what kind of mechanical siren is it? Where can I find more info on it? I wonder if it would fir in my Explorer? lol
It is a Federal 28. They're not too rare but some people ask an arm and a leg for them. I wouldn't pay more than 200 for one, and it would have to be in great condition.

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
1 Unitrol Omega 90 and 1 Whelen Alpha SL. Rocking 400 Watts!!!
400!?!? Now I need to figure out where and how to mount two more speakers...

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Awesome audio setup....Since you've gone that far why not add some on board air and a Grover or 2..or 3? :lol: .

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
Honestly, I would skip adding a second electronic siren. Replace the two Storms with a Whelen AlphaSL, that with the mechanical is plenty. Adding some grovers wold just be the icing on the cake. 

Reactions: Sparky_911

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
The main reason I want a second siren is just for options. And partially for the "because I can" factor.
Lucky...since we cant run sirens where im at run one for me will ya? Ha Ha Ha!

Reactions: foxtrot5

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
This beast now lives in South East VA and is looking for a place on a volunteer fire/ems department. If anyone has any leads, let me know!

Reactions: Eric223

Eric223

Sep 23, 2011
USA NY/NJ/VA
Greg, with where you are located...how about VB vol rescue squads....you're pretty close to either Chesapeake Beach station or Ocean Park Fire Rescue. 

Reactions: foxtrot5

FFParker

Jul 17, 2010
Aiken, SC
But here is the question. Does he get to use all the equipment he installed not to long ago?

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
I think, sadly, Marc is right. But I at least won't have to strip the truck since it maintains registration in SC.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.