2007 Dodge Charger Police Package POV

hoisy71

Sep 10, 2011
Baltimore, MD
jcpse said:
I just sent him the link cause Its a great looking setup! ;)

Haha just so you guys know i have removed the push bar and changed the lightheads to give it more of a car look. I put the linz6's on the l backets on the outside of the grill and the M2's behind the lower grill. I will try to add pictures later tonight

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
hoisy71 said:
Haha just so you guys know i have removed the push bar and changed the lightheads to give it more of a car look. I put the linz6's on the l backets on the outside of the grill and the M2's behind the lower grill. I will try to add pictures later tonight

removed the push bumper? nooooooooooooooooo :eek:

hoisy71

Sep 10, 2011
Baltimore, MD
Storm4200 said:
removed the push bumper? nooooooooooooooooo :eek:

Honesty just got bored with the set-up. And wanted to change it up. Im driving down to florida in a few weeks and figured it would be better for the long trip. Although i will say im thinking of putting it on for the winter and off for the summer for protection in the winter in the case of sliding into another car

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
hoisy71 said:
Honesty just got bored with the set-up. And wanted to change it up. Im driving down to florida in a few weeks and figured it would be better for the long trip. Although i will say im thinking of putting it on for the winter and off for the summer for protection in the winter in the case of sliding into another car

just tint the windows black and call it a day. Left lane, 100+mph, the entire way to FL!! you'll make GREATT time!! :woot:

hoisy71

Sep 10, 2011
Baltimore, MD
Storm4200 said:
just tint the windows black and call it a day. Left lane, 100+mph, the entire way to FL!! you'll make GREATT time!! :woot:

I'm looking into it. Only problem is i spent the money for the tint on a few whelen ion's for the grill LOL. Those things are not cheap

Nov 7, 2011
New England
hoisy71 said:
I'm looking into it. Only problem is i spent the money for the tint on a few whelen ion's for the grill LOL. Those things are not cheap

Hell no theyre not!!! I think its good that you took the pb off. having it turns the vehicle from being a sick setup unmarked looking vehicle, to either a. a whacker who always wanted to be a cop, but never was ( not saying thats you AT ALL!) or b. a Used police junker. Either way, it makes it a little more of a daily driver vehicle, instead of a devoted response car. :thumbsup:

pfdffemt82

Jul 21, 2010
Southern NH
Sharp looking car. Just my 2 cents leave the bumper on I had one on my old vehicle and had my share of front end hits and no damage to my vehicle thiers is another story.

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
Nooooo, bring the push bumper back :(

hoisy71

Sep 10, 2011
Baltimore, MD
The push bar is on for now. She's coming off at the end of the week. I noticed improved gas milage and with prices as high as they are now i need every penny for florida. She will go back on when i return :)

dusty

Jan 9, 2012
Little Rock, Arkansas
hoisy71 said:
The push bar is on for now. She's coming off at the end of the week. I noticed improved gas milage and with prices as high as they are now i need every penny for florida. She will go back on when i return :)

Fuck that noise, send it to me. I'll put it on my charger. :yes:

hoisy71

Sep 10, 2011
Baltimore, MD
firefighter31 said:
awh hell no! Whats a charger without par. 36's?!?! the car was made for those ya know!

Still looking at the par 28d combination warning/driving light. Only problem is they are so damn expensive.

Harbor Patrol

May 22, 2010
NY
hoisy71 said:
Still looking at the par 28d combination warning/driving light. Only problem is they are so damn expensive.

i got the Par28's on my charger, paid about $300 for the pair shipped, def worth every penny!!

hoisy71

Sep 10, 2011
Baltimore, MD
Harbor Patrol said:
i got the Par28's on my charger, paid about $300 for the pair shipped, def worth every penny!!

Only thing is is that i already have a crap load of lights faceing the front. I keep changing the set up. I currently have the dual avenger, mirror beams, linz6's, M2's behind the grill, ion's mounted vertical on the front liscence plate along with the headlight flasher.

Where did you order them from?

Harbor Patrol

May 22, 2010
NY
for your car i believe you need the regular par36 size with interleave driving leds, bec the par28's are 3.5" made specifically for the 2011 charger fog light where your year charger is the regular 4" par36 size

i found this place online "LW Graphics", spoke with Lance, 1888-604-7065, he was able to order them for that price which was the best ive found

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
i think the front grill looks too busy. The rear and sides look good

hoisy71

Sep 10, 2011
Baltimore, MD
runesson said:
Car looks great! ....but, you lost the front intersection warning when you took off the pushbumper. I would suggest you turn the TIRs next to the front licenseplate 45-90 degrees out and you're covered:)

I thought about that but after responding to a few calls i have noticed that the mirror beams do an amazing job for the intersections the throw the light into it.

spc2315

Mar 27, 2011
Connecticut
Just an idea but new britain, ct has a couple marked chargers and the put tir3s mounted to the center post in the grill facing the intersection along with mirror beams. Looks clean and works well. I would suggest swapping out your clear for another red on your mirrors and less in the grille area....alota light in a small area is gonna make it look very blurry and mix up your colors. The back looks good very simple cover all areas less is more. Now take that concept and use it on the front lol ;)

hoisy71

Sep 10, 2011
Baltimore, MD
spc2315 said:
Just an idea but new britain, ct has a couple marked chargers and the put tir3s mounted to the center post in the grill facing the intersection along with mirror beams. Looks clean and works well. I would suggest swapping out your clear for another red on your mirrors and less in the grille area....alota light in a small area is gonna make it look very blurry and mix up your colors. The back looks good very simple cover all areas less is more. Now take that concept and use it on the front lol ;)

The sounds really cool on the grill! Some pics would be awesome if you could get some. Also i just removed the lights in the lower grill. Wasn't a huge fan of the way it looked

spc2315

Mar 27, 2011
Connecticut
hoisy71 said:
The sounds really cool on the grill! Some pics would be awesome if you could get some. Also i just removed the lights in the lower grill. Wasn't a huge fan of the way it looked

No guarantee on the picture lol idk how well theyd like me doing that but I'll try.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
I never knew anyone actually got the lighted sign option for those... I love absolutely everything about that car.

spc2315

Mar 27, 2011
Connecticut
strobecrazy said:
I wonder what life would be like without google?

afarm4.staticflickr.com_3648_3628761253_c0739e82cd.jpg

New Britain Police Charger by Walt_Felix, on Flickr

(Larger images by clicking image above)

Haha well done! That is their charger as you can see the tir3s mounted like that is very sleek looks OEM somewhat you can barely notice they're there when theyre off and then boom theyre on great intersection warning. Great find lol :)

spc2315

Mar 27, 2011
Connecticut
nerdly_dood said:
I never knew anyone actually got the lighted sign option for those... I love absolutely everything about that car.

There's a couple local agencies that use that; ccsu campus security, ct state police and new britain. Ccsu has a beautiful set up on their Vic's if anyone has ever gotten to see them...the only downfall on the lighted sign is you lose some output of light

d119

May 26, 2010
CA - Land of Steady Red
Just my $0.02

1. Spread those two lights on the top of the grille out a little bit. Your car looks like it has buck teeth right now. Give it fangs.

2. Chargers are male, not female. (no wonder your car looks so pissed of...) The Magnum is female.

3. I don't care for the fast flash pattern on the TA (amber). Slow and steady is much more effective IMHO.

hoisy71

Sep 10, 2011
Baltimore, MD
d119 said:
Just my $0.02

1. Spread those two lights on the top of the grille out a little bit. Your car looks like it has buck teeth right now. Give it fangs.

2. Chargers are male, not female. (no wonder your car looks so pissed of...) The Magnum is female.

3. I don't care for the fast flash pattern on the TA (amber). Slow and steady is much more effective IMHO.

The only reason the placement on the front grill is like that is because i wanted it to be sorta simalar to the NHSP detective units. As for the TA i'll have to play around with the DIP switches to see about othe patterns

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.