2007 Dodge Charger Police Package POV

11b101abn

Jun 10, 2010
Georgia, United States
spc2315 said:
Haha well done! That is their charger as you can see the tir3s mounted like that is very sleek looks OEM somewhat you can barely notice they're there when theyre off and then boom theyre on great intersection warning. Great find lol :)

Love the full size bar. Love it.

spc2315

Mar 27, 2011
Connecticut
hoisy71 said:
The only reason the placement on the front grill is like that is because i wanted it to be sorta simalar to the NHSP detective units. As for the TA i'll have to play around with the DIP switches to see about othe patterns

I'd say ditch the whole detective look idea and make it look like the new britain pd charger picture above ;) In my opinion they have some of the nicest set up vehicles in the state!

hoisy71

Sep 10, 2011
Baltimore, MD
spc2315 said:
I'd say ditch the whole detective look idea and make it look like the new britain pd charger picture above ;) In my opinion they have some of the nicest set up vehicles in the state!

I'm really not a fan of a lightbar lol

SnuffJ25

May 25, 2010
Penacook, NH
spc2315 said:
Just an idea but new britain, ct has a couple marked chargers and the put tir3s mounted to the center post in the grill facing the intersection along with mirror beams. Looks clean and works well. I would suggest swapping out your clear for another red on your mirrors and less in the grille area....alota light in a small area is gonna make it look very blurry and mix up your colors. The back looks good very simple cover all areas less is more. Now take that concept and use it on the front lol ;)

Agreed!!! The back- looks great. The front- Way too much going on! Really, appreciate my honesty when I say it looks bad. I would do this: Avenger on the deck, mirror beams, LinZ6s in the grill, wigwags, and hook up those strobes!!! Thats it. Get rid of the Ions and M2s. Seriously, think of what you would want for a set-up, install it and LEAVE IT ALONE. (I can say this cause he's a friend and his dad is my boss....... so maybe I cant say that, oh well)

Joe

Nov 7, 2011
New England
SnuffJ25 said:
Agreed!!! The back- looks great. The front- Way too much going on! Really, appreciate my honesty when I say it looks bad. I would do this: Avenger on the deck, mirror beams, LinZ6s in the grill, wigwags, and hook up those strobes!!! Thats it. Get rid of the Ions and M2s. Seriously, think of what you would want for a set-up, install it and LEAVE IT ALONE. (I can say this cause he's a friend and his dad is my boss....... so maybe I cant say that, oh well)

Joe

I don't know how a person can "LEAVE IT ALONE" in regards to a setup! Yes minimalism is good, but there's nothing wrong with switching things up! ;)

SnuffJ25

May 25, 2010
Penacook, NH
jcpse said:
I don't know how a person can "LEAVE IT ALONE" in regards to a setup! Yes minimalism is good, but there's nothing wrong with switching things up! ;)

Agreed.... however I have seen 6 or 7 different set-ups in the past 2 months. (No offense Nick)

dg0223

Feb 20, 2011
USA/Texas
I think the car looks very nice. It seems as if you've put a lot of thought and time into your setup. However, there seems to be an elephant in the room nobody seems to be talking about.

Just out of curiousity, if you're a firefighter/EMT, why do you want your car to look like an unmarked detective's car?

hoisy71

Sep 10, 2011
Baltimore, MD
dg0223 said:
I think the car looks very nice. It seems as if you've put a lot of thought and time into your setup. However, there seems to be an elephant in the room nobody seems to be talking about.

Just out of curiousity, if you're a firefighter/EMT, why do you want your car to look like an unmarked detective's car?

There is something about there set up that i like. Its lo-profile yet still protrudes a lot of light. I've found that most people really dont notice it.

SnuffJ25

May 25, 2010
Penacook, NH
dg0223 said:

Kind of hard to not look like a cop when you have a charger with lights.......

dg0223

Feb 20, 2011
USA/Texas
I'm not going to apologize for voicing my opinion. As I mentioned in other posts, until the moderators, rogue or otherwise, or John decide to send me packing, I will continue to voice my opinion.

The install looks good. As I mentioned, the original poster seems to have a pretty clear vision of what he wanted and did some pretty clean install work. I'm not saying the car doesn't look good. I'm saying the car looks like a road rage unit, a stealth unit, or an unmarked unit. I was simply asking why, if the driver is an EMT, would he want a vehicle to look like an unmarked police car. I think someone already mentioned putting some sort of EMT decal on the car.

When his car is lit up, people aren't going to think, "oh, there goes an EMT." Their perception is probably going to lean towards that being an unmarked police car. The vehicle is from New Hampshire, and there have been several people here who say the car closely resembles the setup of a few New Hampshire agencies.

I don't mean to be rude or disrespectful. I'm not name calling, and I don't know who the original poster is, considering I live in Texas. I'm just pointing out that the vehicle being showcased looks more like a police car than what an EMT would drive. If I ruffle feathers expressing my opinion, so be it. It just seems this car, and its setup, was purposely designed to look like a police car, and the comment to "get in the left hand lane and do 100 all the way to Florida," seems to echo this same sentiment. People will think there's a mean looking unmarked police car barelling down the highway at you.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
dg0223 said:
It just seems this car, and its setup, was purposely designed to look like a police car,
As far as I can tell, this is the only reason to use a police-package Charger or a CVPI. If you don't wanna look like a cop, use a Mercury Grand Marquis or a civilian-package Charger, or something else.

nerdly_dood said:
As far as I can tell, this is the only reason to use a police-package Charger or a CVPI. If you don't wanna look like a cop, use a Mercury Grand Marquis or a civilian-package Charger, or something else.

Mark it with tasteful FD decals and you won't be mistaken for anything else. If done properly and tastefully a retired CVPI or Charger will look like a FF's POV and not an undercover police car.

hoisy71

Sep 10, 2011
Baltimore, MD
nerdly_dood said:

Actually the reason i got the police package was because it was affordable. For $8500 and had only 66k miles on her how could anyone say no? It was a leased vehicle for wayland ma. I'm thinking about getting the ems badge that someone else has on their explorer

hoisy71

Sep 10, 2011
Baltimore, MD
Front:

4 r/w whelen ions

1 r/w whelen dual avenger

Whelen Mirror beams one r and one w

HLF

Sides:

2 whelen lin6 r

2 whelen Tir3 r

2 white Sirennet led3's under mirror on steady burn. Comes on when car is unlocked or door is opened

Rear:

Whelen inner Edge

4 vertex 2 red left 2 amber right tail light

2 r/a whelen linz6

TLF

Interior:

Whelen 295SLSA6 siren/controller

Havis shields console

Jul 24, 2012
Lawrenceburg, KY
hoisy71 said:
Front:
4 r/w whelen ions

HLF

Sides:

2 whelen lin6 r

2 whelen Tir3 r

2 white Sirennet led3's under mirror on steady burn. Comes on when car is unlocked or door is opened

Rear:

Whelen inner Edge

2 r/a whelen linz6

TLF

Interior:

Havis shields console

Looks Awesome! only things I would change is a slower pattern on the avenger, like an alternating triple flash or similar pattern, and if both mirror beams were red I'd be in love. The front sync and the whole car looks great now! :thumbsup:

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
If I had the chance to get that car for $8500 w/66,000 miles, I would have done it as well. I think pushbar is what makes it look like a squad. If people move out of your way, who cars if they knwo you are an emt or a cop. Does it really matter as long as they yield to you?

I would have got two larger lights for the gille vs 4 smaller lights. I would agree to making both mirrors red.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
hoisy71 said:
Front:
4 r/w whelen ions

HLF

Sides:

2 whelen lin6 r

2 whelen Tir3 r

Rear:

Whelen inner Edge

2 r/a whelen linz6

TLF

Interior:

Havis shields console

That looks great, bro! I especially like how u put 2 vertex in each tail light to give it some punch (i know u said that one side is all red, but both tail lights looked amber to me in the vid, and I thought it went well with the red in the TLF). I would have liked to see solid red grill lights and both mirror beams red for the front (since HLF's drown out a lot of other warning at night IMHO), but it doesn't look bad at all, since this is one of the few installs with solid split sync in the grill. Only thing I'd change for the rear is solid color linz6 (alternating 1 red and 1 amber, 2 amber flashing simultaneously, or 2 red flashing simultaneously).

As for the sirennet door lights, as I mentioned in the other post, they look superb. Now, if u were to replace those ions up front with a pair of M4's in solid red and swapped the rear linz6 for solid colors, I woulda made a shrine dedicated to this as one of the ultimate POV's lol

hoisy71

Sep 10, 2011
Baltimore, MD
pdk9 said:
That looks great, bro! I especially like how u put 2 vertex in each tail light to give it some punch (i know u said that one side is all red, but both tail lights looked amber to me in the vid, and I thought it went well with the red in the TLF). I would have liked to see solid red grill lights and both mirror beams red for the front (since HLF's drown out a lot of other warning at night IMHO), but it doesn't look bad at all, since this is one of the few installs with solid split sync in the grill. Only thing I'd change for the rear is solid color linz6 (alternating 1 red and 1 amber, 2 amber flashing simultaneously, or 2 red flashing simultaneously).

As for the sirennet door lights, as I mentioned in the other post, they look superb. Now, if u were to replace those ions up front with a pair of M4's in solid red and swapped the rear linz6 for solid colors, I woulda made a shrine dedicated to this as one of the ultimate POV's lol

I have been trying to find a trade for the ions into 2 red and 2 white to do an x pattern.

EMT-BLS

Oct 28, 2011
Waterbury, CT
Eric1249 said:
think pushbar is what makes it look like a squad. If people move out of your way, who cars if they knwo you are an emt or a cop. Does it really matter as long as they yield to you? .

Yes. If the person in front of you is a criminal that just committed a crime, you might end up dead.

hoisy71

Sep 10, 2011
Baltimore, MD
Well I'm upgrading to a cencom sapphire. Still installing when I have time when I'm not working. Also installed an antenna on the trunk for my mobile, kenwood tk-7180.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
i think your set-up looks GREAT! Great placement, full 360, good lights, nice sync, etc.

but, i would like to nit pick, if i may...?

i personally would rather see 2 bigger grill lights vs 4 smaller lights. a pair of 400 series 6 over 6 would be great, even in split colors. Or maybe go with the pedestal M4s mounted on the push bumper (EDIT* i just realized that the PB is no longer there)

I would like to see the mirror beams either all red (with R/W split grill lights), or all white, (with solid red grills.)

like i said, thats just me nit picking. Very solid set-up as is.

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
Storm4200 said:
i think your set-up looks GREAT! Great placement, full 360, good lights, nice sync, etc.

but, i would like to nit pick, if i may...?

i personally would rather see 2 bigger grill lights vs 4 smaller lights. a pair of 400 series 6 over 6 would be great, even in split colors. Or maybe go with the pedestal M4s mounted on the push bumper (EDIT* i just realized that the PB is no longer there)

I would like to see the mirror beams either all red (with R/W split grill lights), or all white, (with solid red grills.)

like i said, thats just me nit picking. Very solid set-up as is.

I totally agree. Just too much clear to the front for my taste. I think it looks better without the push bar

hoisy71

Sep 10, 2011
Baltimore, MD
Update 07/16/13

One set of ions removed.

One set remains for when the push bar is taken off.

Linz6's remain on the 10-75 bracket also disabled until push bar is off

Added M4's to the side of the push bar all red

Added 400 series 6 over 6 to the front all red

Added par28 combo fog/warning in red. Switch on cencom activates fogs, deactivates when warning lights are on.

Added rear chevrons. Black reflective

Upgraded the spot light to the par46 2 degree

Added mobile radios

Synced the mirror beams, 400's, and par28s with a ulf44

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Fog only

image.jpg

Fog and headlights

image.jpg

And the video

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
Wow!! Looks GREAT!!!! I love it!! The grill lights and sync make a HUGE difference.

Im really liking the black chevrons on the rear bumper, and I'm gonna do that on my truck now. Looks great!

One question...when do u take the push bar off?

hoisy71

Sep 10, 2011
Baltimore, MD
Storm4200 said:
Wow!! Looks GREAT!!!! I love it!! The grill lights and sync make a HUGE difference.

Im really liking the black chevrons on the rear bumper, and I'm gonna do that on my truck now. Looks great!

One question...when do u take the push bar off?

Whenever I go to the beach, or want to be a little more loprofile. Hard to do with the chevrons now!

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
Looks nice. I might slow down that dash light a tad but that's about it from me.

Oh and that second pic, is that your car's twin down in Australia? :p

hoisy71

Sep 10, 2011
Baltimore, MD
foxtrot5 said:
Looks nice. I might slow down that dash light a tad but that's about it from me.

Oh and that second pic, is that your car's twin down in Australia? :p

I'm not quite sure how all the pics ended up sideways or upside down....they were right side up to begin with.

And nope Indonesia :D

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
Looks awesome!!! :hail:

The only two things I would change is to flash the side M4 with the 400 closest to it at the same time, and I would set the Avenger to steady burn the red half. I think that would look great.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.