Behind the scenes

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
The new JDI Special Emergency Services edition smartphone is available now. Text more efficiently with the JDI SooperFone.

texting device.jpg

Why JDI? Why not?

Reactions: jph2

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
So does it encrypt your message?

Reactions: kitn1mcc

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
2016 will be an exciting time for JDI. Our long anticipated Insinerator* lightbar will go on the market. For now, we wish you a very Merry Christmas.

* (As in: if you look directly at it, your eyeballs will be burned.)

Reactions: Retired1

Retired1

Jun 1, 2010
Woodward County, OK
This thread has certainly been a well kept secret ---- almost 3 years in existence and I only discover it today?

Reading between the lines = Maybe I was not supposed to know about it?

Maybe its time for me do undertake a bit of industrial espionage and find out what JazzDad is REALLY doing there?

LLS

May 23, 2010
NYC
You do realize that by you having wires attached to your head, it allows the NSA data sweep to read your brain waves. Possibly controlling you.

Even worse, Chinese espionage reading your brain thoughts to steal coveted JDI inside info.

bmd224

Nov 3, 2011
NE Kansas
I can't wait til JDI finishes my custom low-profile install! They're installing a JDI civil defense yellow 800-amp-draw tornado siren onto a tandem axle trailer, and a JDI aviation airport beacon (I'm standing next to the beacon in the photo) on the roof of my pink 1986 Dodge Caravan. The JDI beacon is the same type used in coastal lighthouses. Beacon will be magnet mounted using two, 25# magnets, so I can easily remove it. I spec'd JDI's new bread bag type twist-ties to hold the siren to the trailer, since I'm going for an incognito, low-profile look. Using 24 gauge thin solid-strand semi-conductor wire to make it nearly invisible. Here's pics of the equipment they're mounting. Will post more pics after the install! What other JDI equipment should I add?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    130.9 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    24.4 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    43.7 KB · Views: 12

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Well, this is not really the place to be specing your install, but the only thing you left off would be the HAWS. We recommend 2 in each headlight and taillight lens, and one in each of the side marker lights. Don't worry if it appears that they won't fit; our installers are also experts in body work.

HAWS.jpg

bmd224

Nov 3, 2011
NE Kansas
Does JDI still make a steam whistle? The radiator on my ole' 86 minivan steams up & boils over really well after a mile or so, which is about when I reach the first intersection enroute to the firehouse. I figure a steam whistle could really let me blow through red lights, & train crossings, without ever needing to slow down. Hoping to install it like this:

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
JDI has just gotten in another shipment of push bumpers. The market for these bumpers seems to the 'redneck' areas of the southern US. Place your order today, as supplies are limited and they won't last long.

bumpers.jpg

Reactions: Ben E. and kitn1mcc

LLS

May 23, 2010
NYC
Just got my custom JDI bumper in the mail yesterday. It came conveniently shipped in 8 boxes. It included all instruction for assembly, as well as directions on where to cut the wood. It came with the 4 bolts and nuts, as well as a 12oz. bottle of Elmer's wood glue.

Thank you JDI!!
elb bumper.jpg elb 2.jpg

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Another satisfied customer!

(Well, actually the first satisfied customer. Until the bumpers rot next week.)

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Time to start thinking about FDIC. April 18- 23, in Indianapolis. Visit the JDI booth and meet our hostesses.
JDI hosts.jpg

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
And they know how to deliver il Malocchio. (Always important when you're trying to drum up business.)

bmd224

Nov 3, 2011
NE Kansas
Went to an antique store today (looking for beacons of course) & stumbled upon what looks like JDIs new fire apparatus multi-plex, possibly nicknamed "the fuego." image.jpeg Can you confirm?

Reactions: kitn1mcc and jph2

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
No, but the boots in the background look to be ours.

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Folks like to know the little people behind the big corporation. Here's a photo of my daughter, Ophelia:

daughter.jpg

Can you see the resemblance?

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
I thought you were going somewhere else with that.

My email notification tag said "Folks like to know the little people behind the big corporation"

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
I'll be off the forum for a few days while I check one of the more remote JDI manufacturing facilities. Due to all the PMs, and the popularity of seeing my family, here's little Cecile:
Cecile.jpg
She's OK. She just does that to un-nerve folks.

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
OK, I'm back. I had to let go of 50% of the workforce at out Kuala Lumpur facility. (Don't be concerned, that means just one guy lost his job, and he's my lazy brother-in-law.) We're running lean and mean now. Woo-Hoo! Passing on the savings to you.

LLS

May 23, 2010
NYC
JazzDad Industries: Any comment regarding Donald Trumps claim that once hes elected, he's going to build a wall around Malaysia, and make JDI pay for it?

Now that the JDI facility has now been down sized, and manufacturing being exported to Cambodia (That's what the rumors claim) The US is worried about the throngs of former JDI employees making their way over to the US and take American jobs.

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
We are concerned for our former employees. Not so concerned that we'd provide them with the rafts to get here, though.

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
This is an excerpt from the recent World New Network interview with JazzDad, the CEO of JDI International, LLC.

WNN: Welcome JazzDad. First off, that’s an unusual name. Tell us about it.

JD: Thank you. My father thought it a big joke to name his son ‘Dad’. My older sister was named ‘Mom’. The ‘Jazz’ portion comes from the small village where my parents met; Jzahsikiburgville.

WNN: And how did you get started?

JD: My family was so poor, I knew I had to do something to make a life for myself. I apprenticed myself to an emergency response vehicle outfitter at age 12. At 14 I was a journeyman, and at 16 I became a master outfitter. I still hold the record for being the youngest person to get his MOL (Master Outfitter’s License) with the Amalgamated Fire Lights and Car Installed Outfitting (AFL/ CIO) Union.

WNN: Pretty impressive, indeed. So, just how big is JDI now?

JD: Hmmm, that’s tough to answer. The number of plants we have worldwide varies, depending on the political environment at any one moment. We lost a manufacturing facility in Kyrgyzstan just a few days ago, following rumours of a possible coup. The masses always seem to blame JDI, then their government whenever the economy dips. I guess it’s just a part of doing business when you employ a large segment of the population.

WNN: Speaking of employment, your critics accuse you of slave labour. Any comment?

JD: Sure. Critics exist in order to stir up the masses. We pay our workers. We house them. We provide healthcare…

WNN: [Interrupts] They say you pay less than the local minimum wages.

JD: That usually is not defined where we have shops.

WNN: And your housing is sub-standard.

JD: Hey! When we lock them in their barracks at night, they are safer than on the streets!

WNN: And the medical care is, at best, minimal.

JD: By what standard? You must take the local conditions into consideration.

WNN: Just admit it; your facilities are sweat shops, you barely pay your employees, your products are sub-par, and you, personally, live at the top of the 1 percenters.

JD: I think we’re through here.

We thought you’d like to see how JDI is portrayed in the media. You, as eLightbar members, know better; that JDI is the most progressive emergency response equipment manufacturer in the world, and that’s why you have supported us with your record-setting purchases of over $1B in 2015!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arnold gonzalez

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.