Feniex 4200 Siren/Light Controller WOW!

EMT-BLS

Oct 28, 2011
Waterbury, CT
FEVER said:
How is it a sacrifice? They were obviously going to build it with the same number of outputs regardless. With over 30 outputs youare complaing that a few have to be used for the siren?
The point is, why should I have to sacrifice outputs to run a siren, when really all they need to do is a siren to the amp? Make one with, and one without!

FEVER said:
Also......when is a nissan rogue bigger than a Suburban?!
I was not aware you had a 'burb, I thought the CV was your Take-Home...

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
EMT-BLS said:
The point is, why should I have to sacrifice outputs to run a siren, when really all they need to do is a siren to the amp? Make one with, and one without!

I was not aware you had a 'burb, I thought the CV was your Take-Home...
You would have dedicated buttons for the siren anyway, and they wouldn't be able to be used as outputs, so what's the difference?

This way, non-siren users aren't forced to pay for something they cannot use. It all makes perfect sense.

EMT-BLS

Oct 28, 2011
Waterbury, CT
Jman423 said:
You would have dedicated buttons for the siren anyway, and they wouldn't be able to be used as outputs, so what's the difference?

This way, non-siren users aren't forced to pay for something they cannot use. It all makes perfect sense.

They wouldn't have to be dedicated...They should be defaulted to access the siren amp, and if you choose to not use the siren, you can reprogram them to act as standard outputs. It's a moot point, anyway...Feniex will not incorporate what I want, and I already bought myself a CenCom Sapphire. 'Sall good.

Jan 19, 2012
Normal, IL
FEVER said:
It's a hell of a product. I already have four presold and paid for. These things are really gonna provide some versatility.

How have you paid and presold them when there isn't pricing out yet?

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
SirenWorld.com said:
How have you paid and presold them when there isn't pricing out yet?

Done it for customers with a history at FEVER. Its a very low set price and if its more than what I sold it to them, I eat it. Additonally if its more than a certain amount, i refund it. Its a gamble on my end that I will eat any additional cost. Part of how I'm taking care of my customers. Works out great for the customer though.

Jan 19, 2012
Normal, IL
FEVER said:
Done it for customers with a history at FEVER. Its a very low set price and if its more than what I sold it to them, I eat it. Additonally if its more than a certain amount, i refund it. Its a gamble on my end that I will eat any additional cost. Part of how I'm taking care of my customers. Works out great for the customer though.

Cool... hopefully the gamble pays off more often than not! :D

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
SirenWorld.com said:
Cool... hopefully the gamble pays off more often than not! :D

<shrugs>

Either way the payoff is keeping a customer happy and rewarding them for being a loyal Feniex Customer of mine. I don't think I'd do this for any of the Star/SVP, D & R, or SOS products I sell. This 4200 is a very special case.

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
so, it has an 8 output LED flasher and a wig wag flasher built in, but doesnt have a siren? am i missing something?

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Jared @ 911Lights said:
MAP is $490.00, the Bluetooth and Siren add-ons are $60 each MAP.

Yup and list is $765.65. Much lower than anything on the market comparable.

I know of five people who are very happy right now.

Police lights, Emergency led lights, public work lights, Feniex industries, Warning vehicle lights and sirens, lightbars

Order it now from the company that brought it to you first! :woot:

Switches :: Switch Boxes :: Programmable :: Feniex 4200 Control Center - FEVER, Inc. :: Feniex Master Distributor

Last edited by a moderator:

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
When I can afford to start buying new equipment, this WILL be in my truck!!!

Wandi2710

Aug 6, 2012
Indonesia

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
TritonBoulder47 said:
Damnit Nic!!! I don't want to spend anymore money!!! LoL

Timmay... I got a hell of a deal for ya when your ready you now have some FEVER rewards to cash in.

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
FEVER said:
Timmay... I got a hell of a deal for ya when you're ready you now have some FEVER rewards to cash in.

Oh...? lol I did just create an account on your site... Like 2 minutes ago... lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
TritonBoulder47 said:
Oh...? lol I did just create an account on your site... Like 2 minutes ago... lol

Timmay..... you don't need no stink account on my site... You've bought enough without it already lol

MEVS06 said:
Nic, you suck. Now I am really going to go broke.... now I have to figure out where the hell to mount 8 speakers.

Why do you need more speakers?! just use it as a light controller and/or run your existing sirens using the 4200.... its capable of doing it...

Jared @ 911Lights said:
I'm actually surprise how expensive it is, once you add the siren it more than the Sound Off 380R and SVP LCS850MG, and it's only 100 Watt and no dual tones.

Wait until you can get your hands on one. It's not much more expensive than either and the performance of this will make those look over priced even if they are cheaper. I just took out a 380R from my car... There is absolutely nothing that it can do that a 4200 can't... but there is PLENTY the 380R and the Star LCS850MG can't do. I've been proudly selling the 380r as the best remote setup out there.... until now.

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
i too would like to see the configuration guide. one of the things i love about my SS, is the ability to change the programming on the fly.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
For the Feniex Dealers asking questions, here is the official Feniex description:

• 5 year warranty

• All in one controller

• Input Voltage: 11-16 VDC

• 18, back-lit, push-feel buttons

• 4 position programmable slide switch

• Includes U-shaped aluminum bracket

• Integrated traffic advisor with 8 outputs

• Implements rugged, solid state relays

• 8 positive (+) or ground (-) activated inputs

• 17 programmable outputs: 10 Amps (+)

• 1 programmable outputs: 3 Amps (-)

• 2 programmable, 4 output groups: 20 Amps

• 1 programmable 4 output continuous current: 30 Amps

• Integrated 2 channel Wigwag/LED flasher rated at 3 Amps

• Includes wire connectors for easy installation

• USB port provides easy access for programming

• Includes 50 standard function labels per button

• Dimensions of power supply: 6" L x 4" W x 1.5" H

• Dimensions of controller: 6.8" L x 3.5" W x 1.3" H

• Programed using our Feniex designed Windows application

• Back-lit LEDs can be adjusted for day or night time use

• Compatible with all other lighting and vehicle equipment

• Ability to program buttons as: On/Off, Momentary, Timer

• Bluetooth add on allows for phone or tablet wireless control

• Color coded back lit LEDs (Red indicator for on/Green for off)

• Includes 15 ft of RJ-45 cable from controller to power supply

and the schematics

Notice the ground controlled arrow :)

Wiring Schematics V1.0.jpg

acs680

Nov 23, 2010
Tennessee
"The USB port is used for control by a computer system. The software package will be available for download in 2014."

Um... Looks like we don't need to get in a hurry to get this...

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
acs680 said:
"The USB port is used for control by a computer system. The software package will be available for download in 2014."

Um... Looks like we don't need to get in a hurry to get this...

That's if you want to use your on car computer to run your equipment You will be able to fully program and use the unit otherwise

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
And if anyone wants to play with the setup software, I have it uploaded to my site as well. In my opinion the software has nudge out the Cencom software I've played with in the past.

acs680

Nov 23, 2010
Tennessee
FEVER said:
And if anyone wants to play with the setup software, I have it uploaded to my site as well. In my opinion the software has nudge out the Cencom software I've played with in the past.

Looks nice...

Med352974

Mar 3, 2013
Canton NY
FEVER said:

ok, numerous questions...and they may seem dumb, but yeah...

1. The control head software doesn't work with mac computer?

2. Can I buy the siren hook up after buying the 4200?

3. Do I need to buy the siren hook up to use an air horn?

4. The TA option, does the control head sync with the actual pattern on the TA, or is it just a generic pattern?

5. What are the "8 outputs" for the TA?

6. What does "8 positive (+) or ground (-) activated inputs" mean?

7. What does "Integrated 2 channel Wigwag/LED flasher rated at 3 Amps" mean?

8. Can I have a switch for night time and day time back lighting, or do I need to pick?

9. It says use is above -40, if it gets below that, what happens? (It can go down to -50 or worse up here)

10. With the ignition input, is that switch specific, or can the entire box be on ignition?

Like I said, some of these might seem stupid, but yeah...

Thanks!

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
Med352974 said:
ok, numerous questions...and they may seem dumb, but yeah...

1. The control head software doesn't work with mac computer?

No, not yet.

2. Can I buy the siren hook up after buying the 4200?

Yes, the siren will be an add-on module.

3. Do I need to buy the siren hook up to use an air horn?

Any airhorn or siren that uses customer supplied or "undercover" switchs should work. All you would be doing is activating the function with one of the 4200's outputs. The 4200 does not include an onboard siren or airhorn unless you add the siren module.

4. The TA option, does the control head sync with the actual pattern on the TA, or is it just a generic pattern?

It only mimics the pattern with two wire control, but I am told it does show the pattern when the TA outputs are used.

5. What are the "8 outputs" for the TA?

They are just the same as any typical TA controller. They will allow for standard left, right, and center out patterns, as well as warning patterns on a 9-wire TA system.

6. What does "8 positive (+) or ground (-) activated inputs" mean?

You can take inputs from other equipment to activate other features of the unit. For instance, horn ring, park kill, auxiliary light activation, secondary siren activation... and so on.

7. What does "Integrated 2 channel Wigwag/LED flasher rated at 3 Amps" mean?

It is an integrated headlight flasher. It is also capable of flashing LED's instead of headlights, but I think it would only support flash patterns that halogen lights can handle. No "LED Strobing" effects.

8. Can I have a switch for night time and day time back lighting, or do I need to pick?

I believe this is one of the input channels. It would connect to your vehicle's interior/dash lighting to detect when the headlights are on to dim the keypad, similar to the way an aftermarket radio would.

9. It says use is above -40, if it gets below that, what happens? (It can go down to -50 or worse up here)

You should move.

10. With the ignition input, is that switch specific, or can the entire box be on ignition?

I believe that IS the entire box. It might also be programmable.

Like I said, some of these might seem stupid, but yeah...

Thanks!

I did my best. If anything is wrong, others won't hesitate to correct me.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Jman answered everything correctly... including #9.

I'm honestly not sure that it has been tested in those temperatures as of yet. This is usually a "in case of" precaution most manufacturers suggest. As with any electronics, there is no telling what will happen in extreme cold. Keep in mind, it maybe -40 outside, however; in car temperatures usually differ. This is the case for both hot and cold temperatures.

Med352974

Mar 3, 2013
Canton NY
FEVER said:
Jman answered everything correctly... including #9.

I'm honestly not sure that it has been tested in those temperatures as of yet. This is usually a "in case of" precaution most manufacturers suggest. As with any electronics, there is no telling what will happen in extreme cold. Keep in mind, it maybe -40 outside, however; in car temperatures usually differ. This is the case for both hot and cold temperatures.

Yeah, up here -50 is a daytime temperature in the winter. I do have the whelen 8 function switch with relay (http://www.strobesnmore.com/Whelens-All-New-8-Position-Key-Pad-with-Remote-Relay-Module.html), and that has not had any issues, but I just wondered because of the Bluetooth, and computer options with this set up.

Thank You for all of your help!

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
Med352974 said:
Yeah, up here -50 is a daytime temperature in the winter. I do have the whelen 8 function switch with relay (http://www.strobesnmore.com/Whelens-All-New-8-Position-Key-Pad-with-Remote-Relay-Module.html), and that has not had any issues, but I just wondered because of the Bluetooth, and computer options with this set up.

Thank You for all of your help!

I call Shenanigans. Unless you are around 90 years of age... Also considering you are south of Ottawa, Ontario by about 70 miles, and they don't even get -50 on average... its an average of -20 there. With windchill factored in. Yes, there is some days where it'll drop into the mid -30;s and maaaybe -40.. but its rare.

http://www.weather.com/weather/wxclimatology/monthly/graph/13617" data-cite="\"

http://www.weather.com/weather/wxclimatology/monthly/graph/13617">

Canton, NY (13617) Weather Facts

• The average warmest month is July.

The highest recorded temperature was 99°F in 1944.

January is the average coolest month.

[*]The lowest recorded temperature was -41°F in 1925.

[*]September is the average wettest month.

So all in all, yes, the siren controller in question will work fine for your application. Drive to Edmonton, Alberta in the dead of winter and you will have to reconsider controller options..

Med352974

Mar 3, 2013
Canton NY
unlisted said:
I call Shenanigans. Unless you are around 90 years of age... Also considering you are south of Ottawa, Ontario by about 70 miles, and they don't even get -50 on average... its an average of -20 there. With windchill factored in. Yes, there is some days where it'll drop into the mid -30;s and maaaybe -40.. but its rare.

So all in all, yes, the siren controller in question will work fine for your application. Drive to Edmonton, Alberta in the dead of winter and you will have to reconsider controller options..

Its only for a week or so, but yeah, -40 and -50 happen...I had my digital thermometer break at -40, and have the picture to prove it, lol But anyway, this looks like a great product and I'll be ordering one soon!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesseclark2448

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.