lb101 said:
dose and one has a review of this yet?

A little birdy might be doing one soon.

The unit hasn't been released yet.

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
Electronic sirens are getting too high-tech these days:

Keypad control head (like a computer keyboard)

Handheld control head (like a mobile phone)

Smart phone app (siren control merged with smart phone)

What's next?

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
Wailer said:
Electronic sirens are getting too high-tech these days:

Keypad control head (like a computer keyboard)

Handheld control head (like a mobile phone)

Smart phone app (siren control merged with smart phone)

What's next?

mind control 2.jpg

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
Jamey@NNE said:
They have gone a long way in fit and finish with this stuff.

aimg.tapatalk.com_d_13_09_05_ubege5y8.jpgaimg.tapatalk.com_d_13_09_05_u8ymyju6.jpg

Yes, it would certainly seem so.

We should be getting our hands on a Storm Siren along with the Bluetooth Modules soon. At that time, we'll be adding more to the initial review and demo video. As for the 4200, It is doing everything I wanted it to do and more, and I've been using it regularly with no issues to speak of. I think people will be happy with these systems.

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
Check my Silverado install thread. I've got one mounted to my power distribution board, just need to wire everything into it.

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
Kd8bao said:
So anymore updates on this unit. Haven't seen anymore updates or videos

Lining up to install mine hopefully in the next month, but just from playing around with it, its super sweet!! Can't wait to have it up and running!!

Kd8bao

Mar 8, 2012
Independence, Ohio
I think I got it all hooked up. Headlight flasher is nice. I have 2 different modes. A slow for slide 2 and a progressive slow ramp to fast and back down for pursuit. Will load video in a bit. Gotta pick up some large diameter loom

uploadfromtaptalk1380833721909.jpg

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
@Feniex, any chance that in future productions of the label sheet, you could use the term "Alley". I see "Work Light" but would prefer the first option. Also maybe a "Hideaway" or "HAW" label?

Label Requests:

1) Hideaway or HAW

2) Alley

3) Cruise

4) Intersection

5) Side

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 19, 2012
Normal, IL
Add to that list "Cruise", "Intersection", "Side"... and there were others and I can't remember at the moment

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
SirenWorld.com said:
Add to that list "Cruise", "Intersection", "Side"... and there were others and I can't remember at the moment

Maybe we can start a running request posting with all the requests we have!

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
Kd8bao said:
I also noticed that some tags are not available in all sizes.

I understand that to offer EVERY option in every button size would increase costs, but I would be curious how much. I was limited in setting mine up based off that problem.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Zapp Brannigan said:
Maybe we can start a running request posting with all the requests we have!

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :rolleyes:

Let's make you happy.

Hey Feniex!

dictionary PM.jpg

Everything in there on a legend... ASAP!

:haha: :D

Jan 19, 2012
Normal, IL
I would love one that has the bat signal on it... "Cloaking Device" "Phasers" "Shields" you know... nerd stuff.

No bluetooth yet... hasn't been released yet, still in pre-production.

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
FEVER said:
:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :rolleyes:

Let's make you happy.

Everything in there on a legend... ASAP!

:haha: :D

Now now, I think some of the more common requests are legitimate. Don't joke, Feniex has a GREAT track record of listening to their end-user and upfitter clients. Might not happen overnight, but I think its a real possibility!!

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Zapp Brannigan said:
Now now, I think some of the more common requests are legitimate. Don't joke, Feniex has a GREAT track record of listening to their end-user and upfitter clients. Might not happen overnight, but I think its a real possibility!!

I think I know better than most how much Feniex is actually willing to listen and accept feedback. They have been great.

I just couldn't miss out on a joke based on your comment. You got the domino's falling... now just wait and see what request we really get lol

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
FEVER said:
I think I know better than most how much Feniex is actually willing to listen and accept feedback. They have been great.

I just couldn't miss out on a joke based on your comment. You got the domino's falling... now just wait and see what request we really get lol

Well I can be sure they ignore the nonsense/out of the world requests, but something down to earth.... Well....

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Zapp Brannigan said:
Well I can be sure they ignore the nonsense/out of the world requests, but something down to earth.... Well....

Well thats to be expected.... gezzz way to ruin a joke with over talking about it! Next topic please?

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
Nick@Feniex said:
All, see attached video Alex and I shot today. Shows how to fix an input oscillation issue found in some cars. Did you all know about this problem or run into it before?

Input - YouTube

That's a handy trick!

The one thing I ran into in my 2013 F-150 with the 4200 is that when tapping the "illumination" circuit, the voltage gets too low and the keypad flickers. If I turn my dash lighting down too far, the keypad flickers constantly. I tried to tap near the headlight switch (parking lights), but there was a big warning sticker advising against such actions. I'm sure I could find a work-around, but I really don't need to turn my dash lighting down that low.

Jordan_TCFD

May 22, 2010
Chattanooga,TN, Bryant,
I am really wanting to get one. It seems to fit exactly what I've been wanting to have. Not fond of using a remote siren, but seems like it interacts like normal. My requests so far, are ones of both an installer and end user, and what my customers are used to.

The arrowstick feature, there should be a way to use the arrow stick "arrows" on a 2 wire setup. At the same time there should be the option to have on 2 buttons for the 3 arrow options(left, right, center out). Basically making it be able to be configured as it is now, and how I describe. You would have the 8 pos. for your arrow, if your using a 2 wire setup, then you tell it 2 wire and use position 1 and 2 for each wire. Otherwise normal remote operation.

I dislike having 3 buttons for arrow function, and my customers are used to have 2 buttons for L/R/CO.

On the software, I would like to be able to add tags to each button as to what it does.

This is about the only things I don't like about the 4200. The legend issue listed above can be irritating I guess, but can be overcome. No body ever lists exactly what you want every time. If these "issues" were addressed then I would have no reason to not buy one. It seems like my 2 things could be done as a firmware update to the hardware and software. I am behind trying to get Feniex in this area, finally got my first order placed for a few items.

Jordan,TCFD

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
Jordan said:
I am really wanting to get one. It seems to fit exactly what I've been wanting to have. Not fond of using a remote siren, but seems like it interacts like normal. My requests so far, are ones of both an installer and end user, and what my customers are used to.

The arrowstick feature, there should be a way to use the arrow stick "arrows" on a 2 wire setup. At the same time there should be the option to have on 2 buttons for the 3 arrow options(left, right, center out). Basically making it be able to be configured as it is now, and how I describe. You would have the 8 pos. for your arrow, if your using a 2 wire setup, then you tell it 2 wire and use position 1 and 2 for each wire. Otherwise normal remote operation.

I dislike having 3 buttons for arrow function, and my customers are used to have 2 buttons for L/R/CO.

I think there might be a misunderstanding here. I think that if you are using the INTERNAL arrow controller you would need 3 buttons (the controller would hook up to each individual lighthead and would control the flashes to make it an arrowstick).

If you are using an external 2-wire arrowstick (where if you combing Left and Right it makes Center Out) you can do that with just two buttons. You have the OPTION to make the controller have the ability to override another button (for example Left override Right, and Right override Left) OR if you do not edit anything, it defaults to allow them to both be active at the same time and then control the Center Out.

The way I have mine set up, I programmed it to activate the 4200's internal arrowstick (ONLY so it displays on the controller the pattern I have assigned to the 2-wire output), with keys programmed to L and R arrow but not connected the arrow pattern outputs, and the buttons activate separate outputs which hook up to my 2-wire 911EP TDWL36 2-wire arrowstick.

I DO have it also set up with 3 buttons to work the 2-wire TA, the button for Center Out activates BOTH outputs, and also displays the Center out patter on the 4200. While it is unnecessary, I just like the way it works for me!

Last edited by a moderator:

Kd8bao

Mar 8, 2012
Independence, Ohio
Zapp Brannigan said:
The way I have mine set up, I programmed it to activate the 4200's internal arrowstick (ONLY so it displays on the controller the pattern I have assigned to the 2-wire output), with keys programmed to L and R arrow but not connected the arrow pattern outputs, and the buttons activate separate outputs which hook up to my 2-wire 911EP TDWL36 2-wire arrowstick.

Exactly, use 2 outputs on the controller, 1 for each wire, but tell it to activate arrow direction for visual. Still a left, right and center out. You might not get the center out display but it will work

Jordan_TCFD

May 22, 2010
Chattanooga,TN, Bryant,
Well,yes. Hadn't really thought about that. I was just thinking of the aspect of you could combine the 2 arrow stick idea's to the arrowstick ports. I guess part of it, is just not having one to play with. At the same time, I guess your really not going to run out of outputs before switches honestly.

I guess that's what I get for writing while tired and upset.

Yes, the issue of, if your using the internal flasher then that would be my issue, of having 3 buttons. That's really the only aspect that I would change. You could get down to being technical with the options and have multiple options just for the arrow side of things, but yes this can ber overcome by using both regular outputs and the arrow outputs. It would still bug me that there wouldn't be center out animation on the display, even though the stick would be.

If it didn't get changed, that wouldn't hinder me from getting one.

Just my ideas of being user/programmer friendly. I will say it has been very well thought out and seems like a great item. I have to have separate my lights out, so more buttons the better.

Jordan,TCFD

Kd8bao

Mar 8, 2012
Independence, Ohio
Jordan said:
Well,yes. Hadn't really thought about that. I was just thinking of the aspect of you could combine the 2 arrow stick idea's to the arrowstick ports. I guess part of it, is just not having one to play with. At the same time, I guess your really not going to run out of outputs before switches honestly.

I guess that's what I get for writing while tired and upset.

Yes, the issue of, if your using the internal flasher then that would be my issue, of having 3 buttons. That's really the only aspect that I would change. You could get down to being technical with the options and have multiple options just for the arrow side of things, but yes this can ber overcome by using both regular outputs and the arrow outputs. It would still bug me that there wouldn't be center out animation on the display, even though the stick would be.

If it didn't get changed, that wouldn't hinder me from getting one.

Just my ideas of being user/programmer friendly. I will say it has been very well thought out and seems like a great item. I have to have separate my lights out, so more buttons the better.

Jordan,TCFD

Well let's walk this out, for example, outputs 1 is right, output 2 is left. I think buttons 11,12 & 13 are right below the display ( with out looking but let's go with it )

B11 - activate output 1, B11 and right arrow, deactivate B13 and output 2.

B13 activate output 2, B13 and arrow left, deactivate B11 and output 1

B12 - activate output 1&2 and B12 "center out" and arrow center out, deactivate B11 & B13. Just don't deactivate outputs.

That way the the buttons and display should correspond to the 2 wire system

In theory that should work. I can't test since I have a true arrow bar. Hope this made it easier

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
exploder97

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.