Feniex 4200 Siren/Light Controller WOW!

Jordan_TCFD

May 22, 2010
Chattanooga,TN, Bryant,
Kd8bao said:
Well let's walk this out, for example, outputs 1 is right, output 2 is left. I think buttons 11,12 & 13 are right below the display ( with out looking but let's go with it )

B11 - activate output 1, B11 and right arrow, deactivate B13 and output 2.

B13 activate output 2, B13 and arrow left, deactivate B11 and output 1

B12 - activate output 1&2 and B12 "center out" and arrow center out, deactivate B11 & B13. Just don't deactivate outputs.

That way the the buttons and display should correspond to the 2 wire system

In theory that should work. I can't test since I have a true arrow bar. Hope this made it easier

Yes, that should work just fine. But we are back to you can't do center out on the display without having a 3rd button. We have gotten past the functionality aspect of making a 2 wire TA work with also having the display work(left/right only), but you won't get a center out display with a 2 wire or regular TA setup without having a 3rd button. That's the issue I'm referring to.

Jordan,TCFD

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
Jordan said:
Yes, that should work just fine. But we are back to you can't do center out on the display without having a 3rd button. We have gotten past the functionality aspect of making a 2 wire TA work with also having the display work(left/right only), but you won't get a center out display with a 2 wire or regular TA setup without having a 3rd button. That's the issue I'm referring to.

Jordan,TCFD

Correct, and that's the reason I used 3 buttons on mine. I'm not sure if it's just a (computer) software issue, or if it's a limitation of the 4200 brain. Either way, I presented this information and suggestion to Feniex shortly after I installed mine. They were receptive, as usual.

I do wish you could free text in the area where the buttons are on the 4200 controller in the software. With as many buttons and outputs these have it would go a long way to make it less confusing. I would think that would be an easy fix on software.

Kd8bao

Mar 8, 2012
Independence, Ohio
Jordan said:

Jordan,TCFD

There are a lot of buttons on the controller. I would just count the 3 under display as arrow control only. I think that still leaves 14 buttons open. I love my controller. Some buttons are harder to push than others but I am used to it now. I actually use the center 6 buttons right now for arrow conrtol. Left, Center, Right and the 3 warning modes built in to the controller. Once i get more lights or a full bar i will re-configure the controller. since i will then have a 2 wire arrow in the bar but will use 3 buttons.

Jan 19, 2012
Normal, IL
AutoDetailer said:
I do wish you could free text in the area where the buttons are on the 4200 controller in the software. With as many buttons and outputs these have it would go a long way to make it less confusing. I would think that would be an easy fix on software.

I thought this would be a great idea. I will lose my paper list and it would be great to see the outputs listed in the vehicle config file and have them appear in lieu of the "output #" text on the software display! too.

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
AutoDetailer said:

SirenWorld.com said:
I thought this would be a great idea. I will lose my paper list and it would be great to see the outputs listed in the vehicle config file and have them appear in lieu of the "output #" text on the software display! too.

:iagree: :iagree:

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
driant said:
I hope to find this in france quickly

I know there are at least four in France. I've already sent them. I'm waiting on their bluetooth modules to come in so I can send those next.

Jan 19, 2012
Normal, IL
driant said:
I hope to find this in france quickly

I've shipped a couple that way as well. Give us a holler :)

Jan 19, 2012
Normal, IL
Finally hit the Apple App Store ---- Bring on the Apple Bluetooths? Blueteeth? Teef? :woot:

1521621_766106960084516_1478301525_n.jpg

1515048_766106743417871_1517307243_n.jpg

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
Couple questions, not sure if they have been asked/answered thus far.

-Any way to dim the keypad? (can a button be assigned?)

-Regarding the built in LED wig wag flasher.. If I have AUX led lighting hooked up for wig wag feature, is there a way I can "override" the wig wag so it will be a constant on?

-While on the topic of wig wag feature - is there only one, or two separate (independent of one another) ones?

I think thats it for now.. Still no clue how I would mount this in my ride, but it seems to fit the bill for what I require the best, while being cost effective!

sheazle

May 31, 2013
Missouri
Does the wigwag flasher sync with the TA flasher warning patterns?

Is there a demo video that shows all of the TA pattern options? I have looked everywhere and can't seem to find one that shows any of the patterns for more than a second or so.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
No. They don't synch. It would make the led patterns really slow Flash patterns for halogen vs led are usually vastly different.

Steve-O

May 21, 2010
San Antonio
I've spoken with multiple folks at Feniex about my 4200 and have gotten multiple answers... I ordered my 4200 direct from Feniex and when I placed the order, I was asked if I wanted Bluetooth capability so I could add the module later. I said "Yes," and when it arrived, the label said, "Bluetooth None." So I called and asked about it and was told: 1. That I would just need to add the Bluetooth module later 2. That I would need to send the unit back later and have it re-programmed once the Bluetooth module was released. Any of the Feniex gurus on here know which is correct?

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Steve-O said:
I've spoken with multiple folks at Feniex about my 4200 and have gotten multiple answers... I ordered my 4200 direct from Feniex and when I placed the order, I was asked if I wanted Bluetooth capability so I could add the module later. I said "Yes," and when it arrived, the label said, "Bluetooth None." So I called and asked about it and was told: 1. That I would just need to add the Bluetooth module later 2. That I would need to send the unit back later and have it re-programmed once the Bluetooth module was released. Any of the Feniex gurus on here know which is correct?

If it does not have a sticker that says it is bluetooth compatible on the back of the controller, you will need to send it back when you want the bluetooth addon.

Steve-O

May 21, 2010
San Antonio
FEVER said:
If it does not have a sticker that says it is bluetooth compatible on the back of the controller, you will need to send it back when you want the bluetooth addon.

I knew you'd have the answer. Thanks!

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Steve-O said:
I knew you'd have the answer. Thanks!

Its an inconvenience but Feniex changed things late in production due to various circumstances. The end result is a much better product though.

Kd8bao

Mar 8, 2012
Independence, Ohio
dwk270 said:
How do you like it?

I love it. The mounting kit is vehicle specific and works really well. I put a small piece of foam on the dash so when the tab 2 is in there it doesn't move at all. I have positive pressure against the tablet. Also installed a blue seas dual port usb power point in the dash right behind it so I can keep it charged while running gps. Worth the money for vehicle specific mount

dwk270

Aug 29, 2012
Oregon
Kd8bao said:
I love it. The mounting kit is vehicle specific and works really well. I put a small piece of foam on the dash so when the tab 2 is in there it doesn't move at all. I have positive pressure against the tablet. Also installed a blue seas dual port usb power point in the dash right behind it so I can keep it charged while running gps. Worth the money for vehicle specific mount

Thanks for the feedback. Looking at something different than a suction cup for our fleet.

Kd8bao

Mar 8, 2012
Independence, Ohio
dwk270 said:
Thanks for the feedback. Looking at something different than a suction cup for our fleet.

Its not suction cup. It is what I would call "permanent" mount. They have vehicle specific brackets that screw behind the dash and the dash assembles right back in place with no modification. It had very slight bouce so I put the pc of foam in there to eliminate it. I will take pics in the daylight

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
Lets try to steer this thread back on topic... this is a 4200 thread. We seem to be focused on an iPad mount.

Kd8bao

Mar 8, 2012
Independence, Ohio
You are absolutely right, sorry about that.

So the 4200, I did need to swap the head with Feniex for a Bluetooth version. They sent it out right away and works awesome.

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
Kd8bao said:
You are absolutely right, sorry about that.

So the 4200, I did need to swap the head with Feniex for a Bluetooth version. They sent it out right away and works awesome.

No problem.

Which iPad are you using? How is the range on the Bluetooth control?

Kd8bao

Mar 8, 2012
Independence, Ohio
Jman423 said:
No problem.

Which iPad are you using? How is the range on the Bluetooth control?

No apple products here, it is the Samsung Tab 2 10.1. Love it I have run it from inside my house to the truck 30 feet away. I will have to play and see how far the max is. My only gripe is the mode switch is progressive only. Meaning that it goes : stand by mode, 1, 2, 3, off. It would be nice if it was more like a slide switch. I dont need to run a siren all the time I cycle my lights. But I guess I could turn it off in mode 3 but that is response/pursuit mode.

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
Kd8bao said:
No apple products here, it is the Samsung Tab 2 10.1. Love it I have run it from inside my house to the truck 30 feet away. I will have to play and see how far the max is. My only gripe is the mode switch is progressive only. Meaning that it goes : stand by mode, 1, 2, 3, off. It would be nice if it was more like a slide switch. I dont need to run a siren all the time I cycle my lights. But I guess I could turn it off in mode 3 but that is response/pursuit mode.

Sorry, I didn't really look at the picture. I thought I remembered someone saying something an iPad and just assumed it was about your setup.

unlisted said:
Wait, you guys are getting over 30 feet of range with the bluetooth feature??!!

Sure, that's about to be expected from good hardware. I leave my phone on one side of the house and walk all around with my bluetooth earpiece talking on the phone. When it starts to crackle a bit, I know I'm getting too far away.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
Jman423 said:
Sure, that's about to be expected from good hardware. I leave my phone on one side of the house and walk all around with my bluetooth earpiece talking on the phone. When it starts to crackle a bit, I know I'm getting too far away.
Oh I know that, I just figured with the controller/bluetooth module mounted in a cross between a tin can and a faraday cage it would not get good performance outside the vehicle.

Jan 19, 2012
Normal, IL
I had mine in the trunk with the 4200 relay box and I was still getting 25-30 feet. Thought about mounting it inside a pillar or up against the windscreen like an IPass RFID card. My concern was sun/UV damage.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Med352974 said:
Does anyone know when the software will be able to work to a Mac? I downloaded it on mine and it says not compatible.

I don't think they have plans at this time for Mac

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gasman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.