How many light bars do you have in your collection?

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Those Aeros turned out great, MSP1989SSP:2thumbs:! I especially like the other one on the '67 Jeep! Do the front/rear endlamps flash on both bars?

MSP1989SSP

Aug 18, 2011
United States/Midwest
CrownVic97 said:
Those Aeros turned out great, MSP1989SSP:2thumbs:! I especially like the other one on the '67 Jeep! Do the front/rear endlamps flash on both bars?

Thanks! No, the 3 end lamps on both bars are steady burn. The bars came with a pair of Federal Signal flashers, so those may have been hooked up to the front and rear end lights (the alley lights are behind a clear window on the ends).

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
MSP1989SSP said:
Thanks! No, the 3 end lamps on both bars are steady burn. The bars came with a pair of Federal Signal flashers, so those may have been hooked up to the front and rear end lights (the alley lights are behind a clear window on the ends).

The FA3 flashers I remember from your first post about these bars looks to be the older one without ground wire. If you want to hook up the flasher, it's very easy. The FA3 will have 3 terminals:

-X

-L1

-L2

X is the +12Volts, and L1/L2 are the 2 flashing outputs. Hook the "X" end of the flasher socket wire to the contact of the terminal strip you want to flash. Blue one, usually. Then, hook the L1/L2 wires to the two (2) blue/white wire leads. And there you go

The front lights were often steady burn, but could be made to flash as well. You can hook both front and rear light to one FA3 flasher, It will handle it. :thumbsup:

These bars are beautiful and we'd all like a video of them :)

MSP1989SSP

Aug 18, 2011
United States/Midwest
toon80 said:
The FA3 flashers I remember from your first post about these bars looks to be the older one without ground wire. If you want to hook up the flasher, it's very easy. The FA3 will have 3 terminals:

-X

-L1

-L2

X is the +12Volts, and L1/L2 are the 2 flashing outputs. Hook the "X" end of the flasher socket wire to the contact of the terminal strip you want to flash. Blue one, usually. Then, hook the L1/L2 wires to the two (2) blue/white wire leads. And there you go

The front lights were often steady burn, but could be made to flash as well. You can hook both front and rear light to one FA3 flasher, It will handle it. :thumbsup:

These bars are beautiful and we'd all like a video of them :)

Thanks for the idea to use one of the FA3 flashers. I did not want to take the bar off the wall and rewire the internal distribution block (I used a 4 conductor dryer harness to wire it to a 12 v battery, with one wire for all rotator lights, one wire for the 2 end/alley lights, one wire for the 2 front facing end lights, and the ground wire), so I used the flasher to turn on/off the end lights and alley lights (I did not hook up the rear facing end lights, as they are up against the wall). It worked great, the front facing end lights (1 red, 1 blue) flash on when the 2 alley lights flash off (I know the alley lights would normally be used as steady burn units only). It looks really nice and I'll post a movie the next time I have my movie camera with me.

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
Flashing alleys on AeroDynics were brought up here somewhere as a custom job attempt to improve side warning.

We'll be waiting for that video!

MSP1989SSP

Aug 18, 2011
United States/Midwest
toon80 said:
Flashing alleys on AeroDynics were brought up here somewhere as a custom job attempt to improve side warning.

We'll be waiting for that video!

The wait is over.

Last edited by a moderator:

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
That's pretty cool! I like the flashing alleys. That would be decent intersection warning if it was in service.

kadetklapp

May 21, 2010
Indiana
I always considered myself a seller before but now I'm more of a collector. What I have are as follows-

1970 TwinSonic 12X- Heirloom item, was on my dad's squad car in the 1980s.

Federal VisiBar/Twin Beacon Ray- True model 11, bought it last spring in a Craigslist deal. Love it to pieces. Reminds me of a bar my dad had on another squad car in the early 80s. Hangs in my office.

Early production MX-7000 w/ chrome speaker grill- Weird setup internally. Requires lots of work to take it apart. The early ones must have been put together differently. Rear flashers, front sweeps and takedowns. Four rotators and alleys. This was mounted on a 1992 Caprice 9C1 I bought at auction. The bar was removed before sale and it wasn't until I got a job working for the police department five years later that I ended up with it. Currently this bar is my liquor shelf behind my basement bar.

MX-7000 all-light. Six lamp arrowstik, rear flashers, front flashers, sweeps, five rotators, alleys. In pieces. Had it for years and keep cannibalizing it for parts for other bars. Eventually I'd like to make it like new and hang it on the wall.

vintagebar1

May 2, 2012
Colorado
I have 13 Full Size lightbars. All of which are in red and blue.

Federal Signal:

Twinsonic

Aerodynic all Light LAPD

Jetsonic

Jetstrobe

Streethawk

Vista

Code 3:

XL5000

LP6000

MX7000

Excalibur

Smith and Wesson Bar

Star Interceptor

Whelen Edge 9000

fedsig7

May 20, 2010
Santa Rosa, California
Here's my updated collection:

1 Smart Vector

1 Vector

1 LAPD AeroDynic

1 AeroTwinSonic

1 AeroDynic model 25

1 Streethawk

2 Whelen Edge's

4 MX7000's

2 JetStreams

4 JetSonic's

1 SVP-202

1 Signal-Stat Dual-Comm, NYPD

1 Whelen Liberty

1 Rontan Winglux

7 Federal Signal Vista's

2 Lectric Lights's Ranger bars

2 California TwinSonic's

1 Unity rack light bar, with Beacon Ray M17, 2 front steady reds, and 2 rear ambers.

1 Custom shop made CA light bar. Unity beacon, 2 front steady reds, 1 rear amber

thekidd123

Jun 15, 2010
wylie,texas
aerodynics, 1 model 25 all light 10 rotator

4 mini's 22i candy cane

1 Model 25RQL-FAST

4 highlighters

2 viewpoint mini bars 6 rotators and 2 tlc

1 code 3 mx-7000

2 whelen edge 9000 8 strobes, one with peicer

1 pair show me flashers

1 streethawk all light/6 flashers

1 off brand led mini bar

1 speed tech lights slim 8 led dash bar

just added code 3 xl5000 r/b

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
dmathieu said:
138 beacons.
125 after thinning out is complete.

Dan

Wow! I can't believe I see a siren in the midst of all those lights, Dan. Nice looking little VL. I have a VL that I need a replacement lens for and haven't found one. Nice.

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
Well.....I only have two lightbars to my name: a Federal VisiBar and a Streethawk. But I do have several vintage beacons: two 15A juniors and a 15 junior; three 175Ds, one 174D, and two 17s. I also have a Dietz 711 and three teardrop lights of various manufacture. Also have a Darley Champion labeled 174 with the old-style small dome and short skirt. Very unusual.

dmathieu

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
S.W. New Hampshire, USA
Skip Goulet said:
Wow! I can't believe I see a siren in the midst of all those lights, Dan. Nice looking little VL. I have a VL that I need a replacement lens for and haven't found one. Nice.

That's an old picture Skip. The collection has changed since then.

farmboy

May 8, 2012
michigan
3 code 3 mx7000

2 fs jet stream rotator

1 fs Jetstream mini strobe

1 fs highliter mini

2 fs street hawk

3 whelen liberty led

2 whelen 9000

1 whelen edge

6 whelen mini 9m

1 911ep glaxy led

15 whelen domonator 8

1 fs fire hawk

2 fs twinsonic

about 45 becon/strobes

39 bars

45 becons

30 grill led lights

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
I am up to 73 total pieces with an estimated value of $26000 (staying on the conservative side). Mostly beacons and around 15 fullsize and mini lightbars.

Highlights include:

Mars Aurora Borealis

Federal Signal CTS

Loaded Whelen Advantedge

Restored Federal Signal FireHawk

Loaded and Restored Federal Signal StreetHawk

Glass Dome Federal Signal Junior Beacon Ray

Federal Signal PA Light CJ184

New Technology Lightstorm Mini

and 14 Cunanan Five-0 lights

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
tsquale said:
I am up to 73 total pieces with an estimated value of $26000 (staying on the conservative side). Mostly beacons and around 15 fullsize and mini lightbars.

Highlights include:

Mars Aurora Borealis

Federal Signal CTS

Loaded Whelen Advantedge

With a total value that high, your insurance agency must enjoy hearing about your new additions on a regular basis.

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
shues said:
With a total value that high, your insurance agency must enjoy hearing about your new additions on a regular basis.

Hahaha! While I thoroughly document each addition, I only update them every 6 months. :thumbsup: Otherwise, they would probably need a rep just to deal with me. :haha:

I have slowly dwindled the collection down. I am trying to focus on the more uncommon pieces and selling things I have that are "dime a dozen". I was once over 100 pieces! Reclaiming the space for other things has been quite satisfying. And now that I have my holy grail Mars AB...I have settled down quite a bit.

Apr 28, 2012
Knox County, ME
Full size:

Whelen Loaded Delta NOS

Whelen 9m

Whelen Edge 9000

Whelen Patriot

Whelen Val U Bar

Whelen Advantedge OSC

Whelen Advantedge

Federal Signal Vector

Federal Signal Aerodynic Model 24 with crossfire

Federal Signal Aero Twinsonic

Federal Signal Vista

Federal Signal Jetstream

Code 3 MX7000 Loaded

Code 3 Lp6000

Mini Bars:

Whelen Responder DX

Federal Signal Jet

Federal Signal Aerodynic

Federal Signal Highlighter

Federal Signal Vector

Federal Signal/ Turbo Tech Priority One

Code 3 420

Code 3 XL

Sho Me Light force

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
tsquale said:

Highlights include:

Mars Aurora Borealis

Federal Signal CTS

Loaded Whelen Advantedge

What a collection, Tony! Years ago I had a collection of mostly classic sirens: several doubletones, a single Q, a 6-volt B&M, a C4B and a C5GB. But one of my most valued pieces was an old Mars DL8 light that I had had for many years that had made its rounds on a number of our ambulances over the years. It was stolen, along with a decent PA15A Director, from my house, but was then recovered. Almost all of my collection was sitting in the back of my 1970 high top Suburban ambulance, because the truck had been down for several months because we just couldn't afford the repairs at the time. I ended up with an extended stay in the hospital about that time, and when I got out, the Suburban with all its equipment and my collection were gone. And they've not been seen since. For all the good it does, I still have the title to the truck!

RES347CUE

Nov 7, 2010
NASSAU COUNTY N.Y.

1 jet sonic red / blue real clean found it in a junk yard

1 street hawk blue / yellow with i just started to play around with this one , it has tir 6's mounted where the take downs , alley and flashers are front and rear

Jun 18, 2013
PA
Gonna try and keep this simple.

Crapload of Aerodynics.

several twinsonics

2 184s

several mini aerodynics

2 edge bars

1 mini edge bar

Vector bar

Mini Vector bar

Jetstrobe

Jetstream

2 Jetsonics

Mars 888

Rotabeam

Flashball

Dietz 7-11

7-41

god knows whatever else thats sitting in my parts bins

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
Skip Goulet said:
What a collection, Tony! Years ago I had a collection of mostly classic sirens: several doubletones, a single Q, a 6-volt B&M, a C4B and a C5GB. But one of my most valued pieces was an old Mars DL8 light that I had had for many years that had made its rounds on a number of our ambulances over the years. It was stolen, along with a decent PA15A Director, from my house, but was then recovered. Almost all of my collection was sitting in the back of my 1970 high top Suburban ambulance, because the truck had been down for several months because we just couldn't afford the repairs at the time. I ended up with an extended stay in the hospital about that time, and when I got out, the Suburban with all its equipment and my collection were gone. And they've not been seen since. For all the good it does, I still have the title to the truck!

Thank you for the compliment Skip. That is a tragic story about the Suburban and lights...hopefully someday that title will come in handy for you.

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
tsquale said:
Thank you for the compliment Skip. That is a tragic story about the Suburban and lights...hopefully someday that title will come in handy for you.

Well, it's been more than 20 years since it all disappeared. None of the equipment has turned up except an old Plectron receiver and a Federal Director that ended up at a radio shop in Lubbock. I bought the Director off Ebay for $15 and made the trip to Lubbock rather than having it shipped. When I got to the radio shop I saw the Plectron and bought it, too. I could've pitched a fit and called the cops, etc., but it wasn't the guy's fault. He had simply bought the stuff from someone who had dropped by with a few things for sale. I suspect the guy, whose name was Tony, who was supposed to have kept the Suburban for me while I was hospitalized was the culprit all along, but the cops questioned him and couldn't prove anything. Interestingly, none of the big sirens have turned up, nor has the truck. I have two theories on what happened to the truck: (1) He stripped the truck and had it scrapped. The wrecking yards back then were notorious for not requiring titles for such sales, or (2) He sold the truck to someone who took it to Mexico, where a title wouldn't have been required. Needless to say, I made my rounds of the wrecking yeards around Lubbock with which I was familiar, and nothing turned up. But the truck could've well been crushed by then or sold. I've always had the idea rattling around that it could well be sitting in someone's backyard somewhere.

May 23, 2013
nc
1 code 3 mx7000 red/clear/red 48" with 3 rotators and cascade mirrors, rear traffic advisor and intersection sweeps with ally and take downs

2 code 3 excaliburs 1 all red, 1 red/clear/red, r/c/r has 5 fast rotators and rear traffic advisor, all red has 4 strobes and 3 rotators

3 code 3 360's red/clear/blue 3 rotator 4 strobe

10 code 3 xl5000 mini bars setup in different styles

1 code 3 xl5000 56" 2 rotator with cascade mirrors and center oscilaser red/clear/red

1 code 3 xl5000 74'' 8 rotator r/c/c/r

1 code 3 xl5000 74'' soon to be 56'' all clear with 2 rotators on each end and oscilaser in middle

1 code 3 lp6000 mini clear dome with red or amber filters

1 code 3 lp6000 46'' with clear domes and amber filters, or can be done in red also

1 code 3 xs8000 48" i think in blue with clear ends and 4 strobes and 2 center lights

6-8 code 3 550 beacons in red

2 code 3 550 beacons in amber

1 federal signal streethawk red/clear/blue going to be made amber/clear/amber or red/clear/red

1 federal signal streethawk red/clear/red

2 federal signal twinsonic 12x's

1 federal signal vista in red/red/blue, can be all blue, going to do 2 rotators and 6 strobes in it, and try to add more leds to the bottom so it will have more

1 federal signal sentry blue beacon

1 whelen roto beam rb6

1 whelen cadet red

1 whelen 9m smart edge with 2 controlers and traffic advisor

8 whelen dashking 2000 single strobes in blue self contained

3-4 whelen dashking 2000 single strobe in red self contained

10-15 whelen dashmiser single strobes in blue, 2 or 3 in red

whelen dashking 2000 dual strobe in red/white self contained

2 dietz red beacons

1 target tech amber strobe beacon like used in dot

1 signal stat amber strobe beacon

1 turbo tech blue strobe

1 turbo tech red strobe

1 southern vp red strobe

2 sho-me micro thin red bumper/grill strobes

1 custom star lightbar i built, clear domes with 6 amber strobes out of vista and a center mx rotator with amber filter

and some sort of tear drop light in red

dunno what else, got a box of spare parts for lp/mx/xl lightbars, still getting started

soon my friend is going to have me a amber/clear turbo tech 8 strobe mini bar, and hopefully a amber code 3 2100 led bar too

here is my youtube, tacomabanga1986 - YouTube

i try to take videos of everything that i can

Mars Light

Jun 23, 2011
Leipzig, Germany
Mars Light said:
A small but fine an mine collection:

1x all clear Streethawk NYPD

1x AeroDynic 22H

1x Aerodynic SEAH

1x MX7000 with TA

1x LAPD AERODYNIC 25

1x Jetsonic

3x Mars Skybolt SW-2 in red, blue and clear

Update August 2011:

1x Jetstream JSL

added:

2x FS Mod 14 A3

1x FS Mod 14 A2

1x MX7000 LAPD

1x FS Mod.14M

1x all red Streethawk SHL

1x AeroDynic 24EH

1x SVP 1166 Teardrop

1x Sho-Me Typ 01.500

2x Mini Jetstream

1x Jetstream with Cal. config.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DOHCZC

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.