How many light bars do you have in your collection?

Rene Foppes

Aug 15, 2010
Amsterdam Netherlands
Rene,

When I retire I'm moving over there...I'll learn to speak Dutch.

Dutch isn't too hard, I've got German and South African and English colleagues speaking Dutch very well after just a short course ;) But most Dutchies speak English, no worries ;)
Coming saturday I'll be preparing my new storage room for the arrival of the roughly 380 lightbars and thousands of parts on july 2nd. I've been absent here for a while but I'll post some updates when the move happens

Reactions: tsquale

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
Can't wait to see the update! You have so many lights that I would love to have!

As for myself, I am up to 24 full-size lightbars, 12 mini lightbars, a few sirens, and numerous beacons

acklover

Apr 28, 2014
Southern Indiana
Dutch isn't too hard, I've got German and South African and English colleagues speaking Dutch very well after just a short course ;) But most Dutchies speak English, no worries ;)
Coming saturday I'll be preparing my new storage room for the arrival of the roughly 380 lightbars and thousands of parts on july 2nd. I've been absent here for a while but I'll post some updates when the move happens

I'm looking forward to seeing more of your collection! I'm up to 34 bars, 12 mini's and 13 beacons. I think the beacons are going up for sale soon...

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Just starting my collection. 3 full bars, 1sireeeen, and a project mini.

Reactions: Tony P

Rene Foppes

Aug 15, 2010
Amsterdam Netherlands
Last saturday my lightbars were moved from my 2 storageboxes to the new location, an operation that took 9 hours. Sunday me, my buddy and my kids spent another 9 hours labeling every bar, filling the Excel sheet with info and stacking them away. The totals on my lightbars
Federal Signal : 115 and 6 empty frames
Whelen : 67 and 14 empty frames
Code3 : 58 and 1 empty frame
Premier Hazard: 31 and 3 empty frames
Vama: 20
Other manufacturers : 39
Total 330 lightbars and 24 frames to make 24 more complete bars
Minibars, not yet counted but approx 40 of them
Single beacons, no idea, a lot
Crates and boxes with parts, about 90 packed with parts

True collectors never quit but I'm done!

Rene Foppes

Aug 15, 2010
Amsterdam Netherlands
In the meantime I've passed the 400 mark, not exactly sure but it's about 410 fullsize lightbars at this moment. With another 18x15 feet extra of added space to my lightbar storage, I've got more space to store lightbars and more space to work on my workbenches. Coming weeks I'll be rearranging the area, add another workbench and such. I'll try to come on here more regularly again.

LRGJr72

May 29, 2010
Detroit, Michigan
I have six:

- TwinSonic x2 (one blue/blue, one red/blue)
- Signal Stat Dual Comm x2 (both blue/clear)
- Code 3 MX7000 x1 (standard all-light in a red/clear/blue)
- Federal Signal Street Hawk x1 (red/blue with center speaker space)

mls60442

Jul 18, 2010
IL
I'm at about 68 bars. I have attached a list of what I have.

Attachments

• Lightbars (1).pdf
    73.6 KB · Views: 22

Chrysny413

Feb 6, 2019
Peckville Pa
Hello, I have a little over 100. I mostly go after round sealed beam amber. Sometimes a guy makes you buy them all to get the one you want so I have ended up with a few blue and red bars.
I do not sell any.
Reading through seeing what you guys have I really have to step up my game.

Attachments

• 09747299-41B2-4F5B-9D0E-1A25AC1BF9B7.jpeg
    09747299-41B2-4F5B-9D0E-1A25AC1BF9B7.jpeg
    147.8 KB · Views: 33
  • C9FCE5D8-1CE4-4DEB-BE74-455C34ECD2BD.jpeg
    C9FCE5D8-1CE4-4DEB-BE74-455C34ECD2BD.jpeg
    136.5 KB · Views: 35
  • 474A03A0-1E7D-486B-9849-FC3B30C260D5.jpeg
    474A03A0-1E7D-486B-9849-FC3B30C260D5.jpeg
    125.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 78351C20-63E9-451C-9309-CF4BE41ACAF0.jpeg
    78351C20-63E9-451C-9309-CF4BE41ACAF0.jpeg
    141.5 KB · Views: 35
  • 657808D0-0008-4AFE-A985-DB7AB8EA14A3.jpeg
    657808D0-0008-4AFE-A985-DB7AB8EA14A3.jpeg
    153.9 KB · Views: 31

Chrysny413

Feb 6, 2019
Peckville Pa
Thank you. To be honest I don’t know what most of them are. I was just trying to save them, as many as I can. More recently I have been studying the makes and models and getting replacement lenses for the broken ones.
Some of them seem to be pretty valuable.
I thought I was alone. Great to see there’s guys with 4x what I have. Most people think I’m nuts for collecting them.
Someday I hope to display them in all their glory.

Chrysny413

Feb 6, 2019
Peckville Pa
What do you guys typically pay for these units? Is there a price guide available? I typically get them from free to $20 at flea markets, swap meets and junk yards. If I see one I really want I’ll go more.

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
It depends. All of mine priced from free to $100 per.

gtpts27

Jul 1, 2017
Virginia
@Chrysny413 I overpaid for a few bars when I first started and also bought some stuff I didn't really want but, discounting that learning curve, it all comes down to how much I want it, how rare it is/how likely another is to come along, and, of course, what the market value is vs the price asked. Like a lot of guys, I have a wish list and a focus for my collection. I've found all the low hanging fruit on my list (and, thankfully, much of the higher fruit too) so now, when something I'm still after does appear, I tend to pay what it takes (within a level of reason).

Best way to learn pricing is simply to monitor sale sites (here, FB, and eBay... understanding eBay prices tend to be highest but you are also most protected). I also pay attention to what parts sell for too, so I know how likely I would be able to get my money back, and hopefully make a profit, if needed.

Last edited:

BLUELIGHT

Jul 7, 2018
Hendersonville NC
@Chrysny413 I overpaid for a few bars when I first started and also bought some stuff I didn't really want but, discounting that learning curve, it all comes down to how much I want it, how rare it is/how likely another is to come along, and, of course, what the market value is vs the price asked. Like a lot of guys, I have a wish list and a focus for my collection. I've found all the low hanging fruit on my list (and, thankfully, much of the higher fruit too) so now, when something I'm still after does appear, I tend to pay what it takes (within a level of reason).

Best way to learn pricing is simply to monitor sale sites (here, FB, and eBay... understanding eBay prices tend to be highest but you are also most protected). I also pay attention to what parts sell for too, so I know how likely I would be able to get my money back, and hopefully make a profit, if needed.
Is there a way of searching Face Book Market like feeBay, or is it pretty much what you accidentally find?

gtpts27

Jul 1, 2017
Virginia
I was referring more to the different FB light bar groups than Marketplace. I have found stuff on Marketplace but that's more luck - a lot like finding something on Craigslist.

Feb 16, 2013
Idaho
Is the red and chrome thing sitting on the floor under your television an emergency light? It looks like a giant strobe light from a distance. Also on the top shelf to the left of the window you have some traffic barricade flashers. What is the red light to the right of those flashers? Just curious. Very impressive collection.

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
His red/whi light looks like it's off the top of a comms tower.

coop359

Apr 16, 2012
USA Tennessee
Is the red and chrome thing sitting on the floor under your television an emergency light? It looks like a giant strobe light from a distance. Also on the top shelf to the left of the window you have some traffic barricade flashers. What is the red light to the right of those flashers? Just curious. Very impressive collection.
Thanks for the questions. The light under the TV is a tower anti collision light. It had a white strobe during the day and a red flashing light at night. Got it for cheap. I have a blue bulb in the clear lens and clear bulb in the red lens

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DOHCZC

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.