JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
My favourite new (to me) show.

Scot Squad.jpg

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Ya gotta love those bumpers. They arrived 10 minutes before the rest of the car did.

Reactions: jph2

Skulldigger

Aug 23, 2015
Georgia / USA
Watching the movie The Angry Red Planet from 1959. Watch the ambulance in this clip. The dome looks like a Yankee but it's a non rotating light. Looks like 4 par 36 flashers.

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
From "Adaptation".

Adpatation.jpg

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
From an advert:
Money advert.jpg

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
The video of the scene. ;)

i actually watched part of this episode on TV the other day.. .we have an "airwaves" staion called cozi that runs old shows like this...

2004p71

Aug 27, 2010
canada
if you wanna see an lapd aero heres your chance

Reactions: Station 3

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
2 brains.jpg
From "The Man with Two Brains".

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Nice grab from a Studio C vid.

Studio C.jpg

Skulldigger

Aug 23, 2015
Georgia / USA
This town has issues. Not only is it being attacked by a giant tarantula, the firetruck is sad. The lights work sometimes and sometimes don't. The mechanical siren has a very strange sound to it. This is the french version of Tarantula, The Cargo of the Death 1977

Last edited:

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
whats with the side mounted par light? california steady for oncoming cars?

Skulldigger

Aug 23, 2015
Georgia / USA
whats with the side mounted par light? california steady for oncoming cars?

Well, It's flashing so it can't be for the steady. Intersection light before the 184 was added maybe? Of course it only covers the drivers side. Who knows. Note the one in front of the passenger window is not flashing. That must be the steady.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
Your looking st the window... there is a light mounted just before the sometimes rotating beacon

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
It is an indicator light to tell the pump operator that the engine is running.

Oh my.jpg

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
From Andy's Rainbow.Andys 2.jpg

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
1987 Chevrolet Caprice Interceptor, or at least I think they were going for it, in "The Chipmunk Adventure." (Yes, I remember watching this as a kid and wanted the chase scene to go on much longer! Movie is as old as me now, lol!)
tcm1987 caprice1.jpg tcm1987 caprice2.jpg tcm1987 caprice3.jpg tcm1987 caprice4.jpg tcm1987 caprice5.jpg tcm1987 caprice6.jpg tcm1987 caprice7.jpg tcm1987 caprice8.jpg tcm1987 caprice9.jpg tcm1987 caprice10.jpg

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
I love the depiction of emergency vehicles in animated movies.

Here's a shot from Captain Underpants. The red and blue lights on the car flash alternately! (The Captain flashes generally.)
Capt.jpg

Reactions: LRGJr72

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
To me, nothing's better than Hill Street Blues. Incredible show, of course, but also some great MARS action. You'd see close-ups of a Skybolt in every single episode and even the opening credits throughout the seasons were great for spotting them.

In the Heat of the Night is another good one. The Force 4 LP was in it like crazy. As a kid, I used to watch the intro just to see the cruiser with a Force 4 lit up:

The Rockford Files was pretty awesome for featuring the Visibar in a ton of its episodes and then the TwinSonic later on.

Always loved the Whelen Edge in the original RoboCop, too. Then again, I just love that movie.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skulldigger

Skulldigger

Aug 23, 2015
Georgia / USA
Growing up in Georgia, i always loved the GSP blue and orange cars. I have a CJ184 like the one seen here, sitting on a shelf. One of my favorites just for that reason.

Reactions: NVFD612

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Those of us in The Commonwealth will know this programme all too well. The Bill was like the UK's equivalent to Hill Street Blues. Sadly, the later series/seasons just became a soap opera of sorts. The early-to-mid series were excellent. Always loved how in the early series, the Constables' only use of force option was a short truncheon, yet it was all that they needed. Only three of their intro variants were like these; the later ones were flashier and quite frankly, bollocks compared to these ones:

Late 80s-Early 90s:

Early-Mid 90s:

1996-1998 (With separate intros for episodes set in day or night):

What siren is being used? They used this yelp for 999 calls and pursuits but it also had a wail and a hi-lo? Absolutely love its sound!

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
In the first video, you can't call that 'blues and twos'.

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
RockStar.jpg
From the 2001 motion picture, Rock Star.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.