Movies & Television: Police, Fire & EMS Vehicles

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Grabbed some screen caps of the cruisers. Ford and Federal sponsored, lol ;)

outlawblues1.jpgoutlawblues2.jpgoutlawblues3.jpgoutlawblues4.jpgoutlawblues5.jpg

Reactions: Skulldigger

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
From Angie Tribeca.

Angie.jpg

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
I don't know how many times I watched that movie at the Friday night movies in elementary school.

LRGJr72

May 29, 2010
Detroit, Michigan

That's a contender for most the rebadged beacon ever. I think they are all made by North American Signal. But I've seen them rebadged by many companies. Yankee comes to mind. On a sidenote North American still makes these!

Reactions: Skippy

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Jaws 2 (1978)

Chief Brody’s Chevy Blazer, town ambulance and the police boat. A few noteworthy points:

- Chief Brody’s Blazer in the first Jaws movie was tan and white with an all-red Federal Signal VisiBar. In this movie the Blazer is white and blue with an all-blue VisiBar.

- The ambulance in Jaws 2 clearly has a TwinSonic 12x lightbar. Nothing special there. But.. it appears to have a pair of TwinSonic CTS domes. The driver’s side has an amber cutout on the rear. The passenger side has an amber cutout on the front (because it’s a CTS dome on the wrong side). Actually looks cool. Now I’m wondering why we never saw any other TwinSonic dome cutouts in a greater variety color combinations. Especially since they appear to bring some diversity to the appearance of the flashes.. even on the 12, 12x.. and all the other TwinSonic iterations. The only example I can think of is the Multnomah Sheriff’s custom CTS driver’s side dome (Blue dome with two cutouts.. red to the front and amber to the rear).

- The Amity Police boat has a TwinSonic bar in the early shots. Once Chief Brody crashes the boat into small island of rocks housing a utility hub it suddenly has a Signal Stat Dual Comm bar. Obviously two different boats.

View attachment 220559View attachment 220560View attachment 220562
I love the fact that they had CTS domes "lying around" probably so they used two driver side domes on one bar.

Reactions: CrownVic97

JPC

Sep 1, 2020
Here is a goodie. Who remembers Sheriff Lobo? Still love that Cadillac Sheriff's car.

Attachments

• 2e490c_00a0d3f97bb241c2ae7797ddda9fa4d3.jpg
    2e490c_00a0d3f97bb241c2ae7797ddda9fa4d3.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 11
  • i111970.jpg
    i111970.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 11
  • The_20Misadventures_20Of_20Sheriff_20Lobo_20_logo__large.jpg
    The_20Misadventures_20Of_20Sheriff_20Lobo_20_logo__large.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: ccsd834

dmathieu

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
S.W. New Hampshire, USA
That's a contender for most the rebadged beacon ever. I think they are all made by North American Signal. But I've seen them rebadged by many companies. Yankee comes to mind. On a sidenote North American still makes these!

Reactions: LRGJr72

Impala9C1

Sep 28, 2018
Arizona
trailer #3 looks even better. It seems they jump Ecto like the General Lee.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 13
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    25.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 13

Impala9C1

Sep 28, 2018
Arizona
I wonder how many surviving 1959 Miller-Meteor combination coaches were made up to look like Ecto-1?
likely the majority. Each time a stock ones comes up it is a safe bet they are in some level of conversion. It is too popular with too few available. The street cred is far too tempting. While I love Ecto, I love to see it in its original/similar livery.

Reactions: stansdds

Turd Ferguson

Jul 3, 2011
Sumner, Wa
So I have a Smokey And The Bandit question. I noticed that there was no siren speaker on the roof. Were they doing behind the grille speakers around '77, or was this an oversight by production?

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
So I have a Smokey And The Bandit question. I noticed that there was no siren speaker on the roof. Were they doing behind the grille speakers around '77, or was this an oversight by production?
If the sheriff's department is fictitious, it is most likely an oversight.

Reactions: Turd Ferguson

LRGJr72

May 29, 2010
Detroit, Michigan
A screenshot from the movie "Miami Supercops" (1985). This is actually an Italian-produced film. It's so bad I insist you watch just the opening credits for laughs. An hysterically bad ripoff of Miami Vice.

.. anyway, a very cool shot of a group of Hialeah police cars (Impalas and Diplomats) all outfitted with Florida-made Southern VP 202-series lightbars.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: OliverD and Tony P

LRGJr72

May 29, 2010
Detroit, Michigan
A screenshot from the movie "Miami Supercops" (1985). This is actually an Italian-produced film. It's so bad I insist you watch just the opening credits for laughs. An hysterically bad ripoff of Miami Vice.

.. anyway, a very cool shot of a group of Hialeah police cars (Impalas and Diplomats) all outfitted with Florida-made Southern VP 202-series lightbars.

Attachments

• Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    309.6 KB · Views: 16
  • Untitled-3.jpg
    Untitled-3.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 16
  • Untitled-12.jpg
    Untitled-12.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 16

CHIEFOPS

Jan 24, 2011
NYC
Either or. While unmarked cars were the primary application, it wasn't unheard of for underhood mounting in marked cruisers.

Reactions: Turd Ferguson

2004p71

Aug 27, 2010
canada

Nah , there is nothing like a good old bud spencer and terence hill movie on a sunday afternoon :D
I always wondered what were these bars :D

Reactions: LRGJr72

Impala9C1

Sep 28, 2018
Arizona
Swarmed 2005

Interesting set up on a 2000-2005 likely civilian Impala dressed up for production.

Attachments

• Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 24
  • Swarmed cop car.JPG
    Swarmed cop car.JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 24
Reactions: OliverD

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.