Official Junk, Overpriced, etc. Thread

May 10, 2012
New England
I saw this guy at an antique firetruck show & flea market near Boston today.  I didn't talk with the guy because I was afraid I was going to say what I think and not filter what my brain sends to my mouth.  In any case, he appears to be a bit of a wacker (no surprise).  He has a white Suburban with an LED lightbar on it.  On the back window in HUGE letters is the word "RESCUE".  On either side of "rescue" he has round DHS stickers.  On the sides of the vehicle are large Star of Life stickers.  I'll bet dollars to donuts that he has a 3 ft square Star of Life sticker on the roof.  In case you're wondering, it's not an official or department vehicle...it has vanity plates on it. 
If you have any photos or a plate number, I am a supervisor for a DHS LE agency in your area, and I'm sure myself or one of my co-workers would love to have a little chat with this gentleman's local PD and (real) employer. PM me and I can provide my official work email address.

Tristar

May 24, 2010
MA
Sorry - I didn't mean to be cryptic by not spelling out Dept of Homeland Security.  I seriously doubt that the guy is legit...take a look at his website (Lightbar Liquidators).  I suspect the DHS stickers on his vehicle are about as legit as me putting stickers that say Federal Communications Commission on my vehicle just because I have ham plates. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Mrlunchbox
Jun 18, 2013
PA

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
That's means I should be able to get at least 650.00 after my strobehawk is restored :undecided:   :dielaugh:

Reactions: Mrlunchbox

bluestinger90

Jun 5, 2010
BC / California
I saw this guy at an antique firetruck show & flea market near Boston today.  I didn't talk with the guy because I was afraid I was going to say what I think and not filter what my brain sends to my mouth.  In any case, he appears to be a bit of a wacker (no surprise).  He has a white Suburban with an LED lightbar on it.  On the back window in HUGE letters is the word "RESCUE".  On either side of "rescue" he has round DHS stickers.  On the sides of the vehicle are large Star of Life stickers.  I'll bet dollars to donuts that he has a 3 ft square Star of Life sticker on the roof.  In case you're wondering, it's not an official or department vehicle...it has vanity plates on it. 

Was it this White Surburban?

(NSFW, girls dancing)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=kRvkNT8fuaw#t=73

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
in the beginning of that video Garza is there

discount fat lil wayne wannabe.

discount rick ross

aerial drone flyover of an oil refinery.

hotel room

discount rental "candleobra" for the dancer...

verdict

cheapest video ever.

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
Thanks Ryan.

John will jump on them. Then again maybe he'll contact the guy and tell him he's out of his mind and the country on that figure.

$3000.00 or BO (BS) and you still have to pay for shipping.

Was thinking maybe offering 150.00 but my luck that's where it's at and then I'm stick with something I can't possibly use.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
getting back  that video I see who provided the Tahoe and wannabee cop...

look under "view our video"

www.lightbarliquidators.com

all the lights on that site are overpriced

Reactions: Tristar
Apr 28, 2012
Knox County, ME
http://maine.craigslist.org/pts/4492798615.html

Federal strobe light bar for a thousand dollars or best offer open to trades maybe a Ford Crown Victoria or something else in same value. **Price dropped by $500** would like to trade

Reactions: Tristar

Mrlunchbox

Jun 12, 2010
Central, MA
Is this the guy that sells stuff on craigslist? Always says he is helping volunteer firefighters yada yada  Right... by charging 1k for a used Excalibur bar????

Tristar

May 24, 2010
MA

I'm guessing that it is the same vehicle, but there are no DHS or "RESCUE" stickers on the rear window...maybe they were added after the video was produced. 

I thought you were kidding (maybe you were?), until I read Jarred's post!  This falls in the category of "truth is stranger than fiction"!

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY

lotsofbars

Jul 20, 2010
NYC, New York
I can't STAND looking at that lightbarliquidators site. They charge $500 for a perfectly good Twinsonic shell with those shit vista strobe heads thrown into it. And $200 for an empty Whelen 80 shell? Bullshit. 

Tristar

May 24, 2010
MA
I can't STAND looking at that lightbarliquidators site. They charge $500 for a perfectly good Twinsonic shell with those shit vista strobe heads thrown into it. And $200 for an empty Whelen 80 shell? Bullshit. 
Other than the fact they ruin perfectly good lights, their prices are high, and they're egotistical genetically misguided whackers, I can't stand them because they flood Craigslist with their ads.  PM me if you want to know how I really feel.

Street Hawk Light Bar - $750

This guy's ad is screaming for me to email him! 

http://grandisland.craigslist.org/for/4554411732.html

Reactions: firefighter221

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
its an ebay cop car with ebay lights lol

Reactions: HPD84
May 10, 2012
New England
its an ebay cop car with ebay lights lol
I normally wouldn't waste my time clicking on such links, but after that comment, I just had to look.

As someone who has been assigned two CVPI "US government take-home vehicles", a lot in the photos screamed to me as being very wrong. And I know my agency outfits their cars rather half-assed, but this one looked crazy!

Here's your "US government take-home car with 113k on the clock":

http://www.2040cars.com/Ford/Crown-Victoria/2010-ford-crown-victoria-p71-police-intercepter-329564/

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Reactions: tsquale

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
poster fell asleep on the 9

Jun 18, 2013
PA
Free Shipping!!!!!

sign me up!

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
actually since its coming with 3 complete sets of rotator filters... 4 domes and 20 flasher filters that's not  a bad deal. I dint see a pic of the bar to see how damaged it really is

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.