Official Junk, Overpriced, etc. Thread

As the title states, what is the deal with strobe pricing these days?! Was just looking over on the 'Bay (yeah, I realize that inheritly answers my question) and was mind blown by the prices that are being thrown around for, say, two 7 series strobe heads & a 6 head power supply. I've bought full-size LED lightbars for less than BIN prices.

Am I disillusioned & these really are considered "vintage" now, or are these people special ed?

See also:
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/273400608770

CrownVic97

Veteran Member

Jarred J.

Archive Expert
Silver Supporter
Make an offer of 1.99

CrownVic97

Veteran Member

CrownVic97

Veteran Member

Skulldigger

Site Guru

Stampeed Valkyrie

Silver Supporter
so... a rebranded 184/Powerlight with a broken dome, and no guarantee it works..
yup.. ebay.

Stampeed Valkyrie

Silver Supporter
wait... I found one.

$625 for a Mini Aerodynic.. looks to be a Model 22 non halogen version.

s-l1600.jpg

ProPatriaNeverPassAFault

Silver Supporter
wait... I found one.

$625 for a Mini Aerodynic.. looks to be a Model 22 non halogen version.

View attachment 217989
Look at the description. "Battery not included." For that price, a battery is the least that they could offer. Also love how it's described as a strobe.

Edit: Looked at the description and it has the magic word that gets all millennials/hipsters/idiots shelling out the big bucks: vintage. From a "vintage tow trailer". I have a broom used to sweep a "vintage" floor. Bet I can get $350 for it. Saying vintage these days is like saying "open sesame" to millennial wallets.

Last edited:

ProPatriaNeverPassAFault

Silver Supporter
This one really amuses me. It's unclear if he's selling the parts for each half of an LP6000 or literally is selling half of the bar in two listings. If it's just the parts, why not one listing?! If it's the bar, why two listings? Love the descriptions. If I were to make a repro emergency vehicle, the *first* thing on my "Need to Get" list would be: "Right half of an LP6000". Second thing would be "Left half of an LP6000". What's this clown doing?

Clearly a lot of some sort of illicit substance...

Also "HERE IS SOME MO". Some "MO"?! Some Missouri? Some Möet champagne? Money orders? Motus Operandi? Some guy named Mo? Mo money, mo problems?

Sparky_911

Gold Supporter
That looks like a convoy/ parade light set up. Still no way thats worth 5k......

ProPatriaNeverPassAFault

Silver Supporter
Unsure if this one applies. I'm *far* from a vintage FS expert, but it seems kinda steep. Also, didn't the NYPD Beacon Rays have an upward facing hill light? Seems that this is the reverse...

For the record, yes, I'm an early riser. Rack out early and wake up early. Sleep is for the weak.

shibby1952

Ummm… Might be time for me to sell out and retire.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F.F. Hicks
Top Bottom