Official "Whacker" or "Screwed Up Install" Thread

Is this the worst spotlight install you have ever seen?

• Yes

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • No

Votes: 37 78.7%

• Total voters

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
I saw something like that a few years ago at a local grocery store also. It had about that many antennas too. It was all black on a black SUV of some kind with tint so dark I couldn't see any radio equipment inside.

nbkj58

Sep 29, 2010
Indiana, USA

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
ISU_Cyclone said:
Blatant impersonation? This guy has several videos that are "gems".

"Supposed" Indiana State Trooper.....in a Chrysler Concorde?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVQHGhvCQjY

"technically in indiana we're aloud to have red/blue lights but not use them or have them perm mounted. But since I'm a military police officer i get permission cause i use the lightbar on base :) "

he uses the word "aloud" as in read aloud... vs. allowed.. that's funny

irsa76

May 24, 2010
Australia, NSW
bigcat said:
Anyone care to speculate? Saw this at a super market late one night. As I recall it was three rows of 6 antennas each (18 total).

[Broken External Image]:http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p247/ct-bigcat/Other/P10406732.jpg

[Broken External Image]:http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p247/ct-bigcat/Other/P1040672.jpg
Saw a very similar setup on a local phone company's Rav4. Happened to be fueling up at the time and asked the girl driving it what the deal was. Apparently it was used for signal strength testing for the cellular network, the whole load area was full of equipment.

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA

gfpd26

May 21, 2010
Greenville, IL
irsa76 said:
Saw a very similar setup on a local phone company's Rav4. Happened to be fueling up at the time and asked the girl driving it what the deal was. Apparently it was used for signal strength testing for the cellular network, the whole load area was full of equipment.

When I was doing utility locating, AT&T had 2 vans setup close to the same way. I saw them often at cell sites when new fiber lines were being installed.

BigDogg795

May 21, 2010
Long Island, NY
JohnMarcson said:
"technically in indiana we're aloud to have red/blue lights but not use them or have them perm mounted. But since I'm a military police officer i get permission cause i use the lightbar on base :) "

he uses the word "aloud" as in read aloud... vs. allowed.. that's funny

What's even funnier is the fact that he runs the power cable straight through the door jamb on the pass side rear door...look for the cable coming down!

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
I've seen that idiot that has that crown vic with the amber bar, he's in my neck of the woods! I've seen him a couple of times flying 96 with those dumbass lights flashing.

God where do all these whackers get the money for these lights? I work 2 jobs and still can't afford em!

dustymedic

May 21, 2010
Columbus,OH
And it's not complete with out the thin blue line decal!!!

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
Fast LT1 said:
I've seen that idiot that has that crown vic with the amber bar, he's in my neck of the woods! I've seen him a couple of times flying 96 with those dumbass lights flashing.

God where do all these whackers get the money for these lights? I work 2 jobs and still can't afford em!

They normally live at home with mommy and daddy and dont have experience with the female gender of the species

Bigassfireman

May 23, 2010
U. S. of A. Ohio
I really can't stand anyone talking in their videos telling me about their lights and crap anyways. I want to see your blinkies, not hear your annoying ass talk!

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
ISU_Cyclone said:
That guy is wayyyy out of breath!

when is cell phone went off i was expecting this next....

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
TritonBoulder47 said:
I love the antenna wires run in through the doors... LOL

On my pov i ran my antenna cable through my door because i use a mag mount antenna and didn't want to drill holes in my car.

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Fast LT1 said:
On my pov i ran my antenna cable through my door because i use a mag mount antenna and didn't want to drill holes in my car.

I would have just gotten a lip mount, but thats just me...

RMBROWN

May 20, 2010
Brooklyn.MI
whats up with all of the amber lighting??Is that there lighting code..Plus why speedtech lights come on....

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
Hey somebodys got to add that whacker kid from the ring on here hahahaha

LawrenceM1993

Jun 2, 2010
Saratoga NY/Norfolk VA
May 21, 2010
Bolingbrook Illinois
chono said:
I like how the video says "Storm Chasing Emergency lights" didnt know amber and white alone equals emergency

I'm just curious........ Do the storms yield to the amber lights? I mean really, come on. Are there really that many "storm chasers"? I realize that it's an excuse to have blinkies on you vehicle but come on now..........

John

Reactions: kabsher8093

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
Professional storm chasers don't even use lights, for the most part, i have seen some run an amber beacon or small mini bar but if you have a fully loaded mx7000 i think you're ass should be thrown in jail for awhile!

Ben E.

May 21, 2010
Iowa, USA
Fast LT1 said:
Professional storm chasers don't even use lights, for the most part, i have seen some run an amber beacon or small mini bar but if you have a fully loaded mx7000 i think you're ass should be thrown in jail for awhile!

sure they look stupid, but you always seem to forget the fact that in the majority of the country, amber lights are legal. Jail time? Really? And on the contrary, about the only people I can think of who storm chase and do it for a job (professionals, btw) are universities, news stations, and noaa affiliated groups. ever seen the rolling light show/billboard those news stations drive?

and this coming from the guy who has a shotgun, soon to be an m4 in an overhead mount in his personal vehicle. most cops don't even do that, if were going to start comparing.

Last edited by a moderator:

PJD642

May 20, 2010
east of Cleveland
Ben E. said:
and this coming from the guy who has a shotgun, soon to be an m4 in an overhead mount in his personal vehicle. most cops don't even do that, if were going to start comparing.

Just want to make sure I'm reading that correctly - you've got a shotgun in an overhead mount in your POV? If so, AWESOME! I'd toyed with the idea of throwing a lock for the AR into the rear storage compartment of the Durango behind the third seat but never did. And honestly, I can't justify the need to do it, even to myself

PJD642

May 20, 2010
east of Cleveland
ISU_Cyclone said:
If this is him at the 1:06 mark, I'd say 350 is about right!

His other video:

WOW - those LAWS suck! And if you have to have your tailgate window open so the tint doesn't dim your warning light, that's a sign you bought the wrong stuff...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.