Official "Whacker" or "Screwed Up Install" Thread

Is this the worst spotlight install you have ever seen?

• Yes

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • No

Votes: 37 78.7%

• Total voters

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
DefianceEngineCompany said:
While i was doing a install on a new charger at Thomaston PD this bad boy shows up !!!! the main lightbar sits below the cab WTF :duh:

It looks like an older wrecker bed on a newer cab-and-chassis. Perhaps the old cab was several inches shorter, or perhaps the wrecker bed mounted higher on the original cab-and-chassis.

Kd8bao

Mar 8, 2012
Independence, Ohio
While i was doing a install on a new charger at Thomaston PD this bad boy shows up !!!! the main lightbar sits below the cab WTF :duh:

I would think that in this application the bar being lower is no big deal. That is a roll back truck. So when the bed moves back and down to load car the lightbar will follow. Maybe that truck isn't used for blocking as much as a newer one.

efdny2003

Apr 18, 2011
united states, ny

I don't see to big of a deal with the tow truck being set up like that, especially because there appears to be another bar on the roof. As far as that Indiana State Trooper emblem, that's just sad. I assume that was done by a "professional shop" as I can't imagine any state police department using someone who's not. I would be embarrassed to say that was my work driving around on a state vehicle. As far as the kid with the Explorer, he really just needs to get rid of everything in his truck, burn the truck or donate it for training to the fire department.

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
Just a kid on his trip... Doesn't hurt anybody, does it?

It calls for magnanimity in my opinion. :yes:

PJD642

May 20, 2010
east of Cleveland
OMFG the interior of that Explorer!!!! Wires everywhere, shyt stacked on top of everything, the trash on the passenger floorboard...and then the shitty lights outside. The "mirror lights" (I used quotes for a reason), with the exposed wires running to the hood, the shitty grille lights that look amber (the top ones do to me), zip ties holding the lights in place.... When he gets into a wreck because he's trying to remember the start-up sequence for the lights while he's driving code and his torso impacts all that shyt in the middle of the dash.... Wow. Just f*ing wow.

The set-up with the Aero was a hundred times better. Should have added wigwags to the headlights and left it alone! (I didn't watch to see how it was wired up).

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
Wow! I have no words for the lighting, wiring, trash and the scanner radio strap. I just feel Bad he wasted so much money on STL junk. That siren sounds like a toy siren from Walmart. I hope when the speaker comes off while he's responding it doesn't injure anyone.

Newberry13

May 21, 2010
SC, USA
Caleb,

I would have to ask if the person doing the "install" was drunk!

Jan 20, 2011
Lake of the Ozarks
Newberry13 said:
Caleb,
I would have to ask if the person doing the "install" was drunk!

Well, I'm not sure!! I'm gonna go with plain stupidity. The lights on the back (where a beacon is supposed to go) there are the traditional chinese crap mini lightbars (i.e., Chinese Crap which also had the burnt out LED's to go with it, and the whole truck had shit lights. It's just a volly dept. in the middle of no where so they aren't so "hip" to the lighting industry....or the installing chevrons correctly industry lol

Dec 4, 2011
US NC
Local craigslist ad; 1998 Crown Victoria Police Car

1998 Crown Victoria Police Car - $3000

Crown Victoria

True X Police/Patrol vehicle

Car has Very Very low miles , 112,000 to be exact on the Body & about 60,000 on new Engine.

Car has been Fully Restored since it sat for about 3 years as a Deter-ant car when the engine was blown back in 2010.

The Good: Working Whelen Lights, PA System, CB, & more. Controls & center console alone is a ($2,500) Value.

Car has a Mint condition partisan in it. This was an X Chief of security car so no one was ever transported in it so interior is mint.

I have owned the car for about 5 months now , I personally had the Engine installed , it had a complete overhaul done . New Head gaskets, New Heads, New Timing chains, New Fuel Pump, New fuel Lines, New fuel filter, new fuel tank, new spedo sensor, car just had Complete new exhaust put on it with new catalytic converters also. Those go for 600 a piece..

I am a special Operations Private Security officer & to answer all your "is this car illegal to drive ?s" NO IT IS NOT. The car is totally street legal & does not represent a Police Officer in any way.

The bads about the car is it may need to just be driven , it has left over dirt and some grime in it from sitting so long but car runs & works perfectly. New thermostats & everything.

The only reason Im selling this car is to finish paying for the rest of my BLET classes & to buy me a beater. So that tells you I will be a cop soon. So Im not hurting to sell or desperate this car is really rare and I put money on it you wont find another like it on craigslist for sale in this area, trust me I've looked.

So I say again this car is a gold mine It will make a great car sitting as a deter ant or being driven its a money maker regardless & it wont last long.

So if you have cash in hand or a decent trade Give me a ring. PLEASE no crazy offers or bashing or you will be ignored.

The names Ricky and I can be reached at (336)448-6653 or 336 406 2945

tags: hondas, jdm, muscle cars, stretched bikes, lifted trucks, z71, corvettes, cutlass, open to most trade offers & cash so just ask the worse I can so is NO.

NEED TO SALE FAST IVE PUT TO MUCH MONEY INTO CAR RUNS BUT DOESNT RUN PERFECT.

[Broken External Image]:http://images.craigslist.org/3nf3E93Lb5N55Kc5J9d1c5efbd8ca5b9e1a88.jpg

strobecrazy

Apr 27, 2011
GA,ATL
firefighter7017 said:
I am a special Operations Private Security officer & to answer all your "is this car illegal to drive ?s" NO IT IS NOT. The car is totally street legal & does not represent a Police Officer in any way.

:dielaugh: :haha: :dielaugh:

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
firefighter7017 said:
Local craigslist ad; 1998 Crown Victoria Police Car

1998 Crown Victoria Police Car - $3000

Crown Victoria

True X Police/Patrol vehicle

Car has Very Very low miles , 112,000 to be exact on the Body & about 60,000 on new Engine.

Car has been Fully Restored since it sat for about 3 years as a Deter-ant car when the engine was blown back in 2010.

The Good: Working Whelen Lights, PA System, CB, & more. Controls & center console alone is a ($2,500) Value.

Car has a Mint condition partisan in it. This was an X Chief of security car so no one was ever transported in it so interior is mint.

I have owned the car for about 5 months now , I personally had the Engine installed , it had a complete overhaul done . New Head gaskets, New Heads, New Timing chains, New Fuel Pump, New fuel Lines, New fuel filter, new fuel tank, new spedo sensor, car just had Complete new exhaust put on it with new catalytic converters also. Those go for 600 a piece..

The bads about the car is it may need to just be driven , it has left over dirt and some grime in it from sitting so long but car runs & works perfectly. New thermostats & everything.

The only reason Im selling this car is to finish paying for the rest of my BLET classes & to buy me a beater. So that tells you I will be a cop soon. So Im not hurting to sell or desperate this car is really rare and I put money on it you wont find another like it on craigslist for sale in this area, trust me I've looked.

So I say again this car is a gold mine It will make a great car sitting as a deter ant or being driven its a money maker regardless & it wont last long.

So if you have cash in hand or a decent trade Give me a ring. PLEASE no crazy offers or bashing or you will be ignored.

The names Ricky and I can be reached at (336)448-6653 or 336 406 2945

tags: hondas, jdm, muscle cars, stretched bikes, lifted trucks, z71, corvettes, cutlass, open to most trade offers & cash so just ask the worse I can so is NO.

NEED TO SALE FAST IVE PUT TO MUCH MONEY INTO CAR RUNS BUT DOESNT RUN PERFECT.

[Broken External Image]:http://images.craigslist.org/3nf3E93Lb5N55Kc5J9d1c5efbd8ca5b9e1a88.jpg[/quote

Seems someone fell wayyyyy down the denial hole and can't see the light of day

theroofable

May 23, 2010
New Jersey
calebsheltonmed23 said:
Went to a structure fire a few weeks ago, was on EMS standby...and saw this. I could not stop laughing. Now for a serious question....NFPA compliant?? lol
Hahaha thats awesome. Almost like someone was doing it, went to get a drink, and someone else thought they were a genius and "finished it" Its kinda compliant on the bottom half! :thumbsup: But its an older unit so it doesnt matter anyway! :D

cook2890

Sep 27, 2010
Murfreesboro TN

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA

Kd8bao

Mar 8, 2012
Independence, Ohio
tom said:

Are those some kind of safety rocker? I kind of like the simulated dual siren.

Triple and quad is a bit stupid.

Did he really have to flip up the seat to turn on strobes??? What did the 3 panel switches do anyways if all the lights were on but switches were off?

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
If it is indeed a "demo" vehicle, the switches in the back wouldn't allow light operation while the vehicle was being driven.

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
rwo978 said:
If it is indeed a "demo" vehicle, the switches in the back wouldn't allow light operation while the vehicle was being driven.

It's STL, haven't we come to expect anything less than this kind of wizardry from them ?

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
DAMN! not even a little self respect for the way his daily driver looks!!! that guy seriously did not give a flying fuck about anything when he ziptied and ductaped those lights and sirens to his Ford explorer.... Im sorry but if i saw that volly roaring up to my scene if i was in need i would be worried!!!

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
I think they over did it with those little christmas tree tailgate led lights that they sell at autozone.

I do think the Custom MX7k on the roof of the SUV is pretty cool.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.