Official "Whacker" or "Screwed Up Install" Thread

Is this the worst spotlight install you have ever seen?

• Yes

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • No

Votes: 37 78.7%

• Total voters

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
irsa76 said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but is that ALL clear? Bet knobhead uses all them at night as well.
RED and clear.

Had a problem seeing them huh ? Yeah me to. Luckily I had my shades handy.

20110925-154255.jpg

runesson

Aug 6, 2011
Northern Europe
firefighter31 said:
....interesting wiring/switches

Funny when the whackers buy those cheap china-lights and realize that the lightheads actualy don´t run on 12V, so they can´t be run off a normal switchbox and they end up having to mount the extra supplied switchbox somewhere... :bonk: :duh:

Miller88

Jan 24, 2012
USA Houston TX
...This video has some really interesting wiring/switches

I Spy CHINESE LIGHTS! :bonk: I bet the lights are controlled by electric rice paddies and I bet that the car runs on soy sauce too...XD

vc859

Oct 31, 2010
USA/ New York
I love how he focuses on his NY tag considering his car is (technically) illegal in New York State.

NYS law allows for ONE blue light, he exceeded that 30 fold.

GPC

Oct 17, 2010
North Carolina
theroofable said:
I was expecting a few of those toggle switches with the emergency cover too :haha:

Needs way more randomly placed switches.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
they guy with the ham licesnce in the black chevy should know he'll be fined big time if he gets caught with that cb amp:crazy:

irsa76

May 24, 2010
Australia, NSW
TheGatekeeper said:
RED and clear.
Had a problem seeing them huh ? Yeah me to. Luckily I had my shades handy.
Yeah, I've got color discrimination deficiency, red/green color blind, so with the amount of clear in that mess I couldn't actually SEE any red!

rintoul

Feb 5, 2013
burlington/kelowna CAN

Respondcode3

May 23, 2010
Northen Il USA
rintoul said:
i believe phone companies use them for what i dont know maybe testing equipment i have seen several of these in ontario

It was already answered in a post . Yes these are used by celluar companies for signal testing. They have banks of monitoring equipment attached to each model phone they sell for testing in the field.

efdny2003

Apr 18, 2011
united states, ny
Irsh42 said:
On top of what everyone else said, he also double stacked his dash light. :nono: I could understand maybe if they were the same exact light, but not that crap he pulled.

Everything about this screams crap and car fire. First off all those wires and everything in the truck is just waiting for one spark and that truck is gone, and it looks horrible the way he has everything. Just put everything on one pattern and get one control box for everything. I'm guessing either his duck-taped speaker or that siren were malfunctioning as he's hitting the button with nothing happening. Take all of the dash lights out except the SNM and put that on the dash. Re-do the grill lights properly and not using zip ties to hold them down, that's personally what holds my wires together throughout the car. Now I admit I am not a professional installer, and only really do work on my car, but Ive done several cars, Ive helped friends do work on their cars, but I'll be damned if I ever let my car look like that. Not to mention just how disgusting the rest of his car looks with all the garbage in it. I apologize if anything is misspelled I'm typing with one hand while the others in a sling and on pain medication.

Kd8bao

Mar 8, 2012
Independence, Ohio
Coulda just got faster motors for the twin and been done. The new set up. Ugh. The fact he has a start up order of operations to turn everything on is stupid. I have had the china lights and controllers. The lights are 12v so buy a flasher and sync things. The china lights are in a project for my kid so it flashes lights for him.

Mrlunchbox

Jun 12, 2010
Central, MA
That speaker is the most retarded thing I have ever seen. I'd be ashamed to be on the dept. with that guy. Who in the hell lets someone get that crazy? haha

Jeremy0966

Aug 12, 2012
Idaho
nightwolf said:
http://youtu.be/ezljWeffbzc

"....duct-taped to the roof..."

'nuff said

I would seriously be embarrassed as hell to let anyone see that vehicle let alone put it on youtube for everyone in the world to see. I can't see how he'd expect any positive feedback on that. The only constructive criticism i could give would be to burn the whole truck down before it catches fire on its own.

hoisy71

Sep 10, 2011
Baltimore, MD
Here are a couple of the inside of that explorer. Last one you can see the light bar wiring. I wonder how that will hold up :no:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Apr 28, 2012
Knox County, ME
While i was doing a install on a new charger at Thomaston PD this bad boy shows up !!!! the main lightbar sits below the cab WTF :duh:

577005_3895823039634_847482072_n.jpg

425941_3895825279690_1231069667_n.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sadlad

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.