Official "Whacker" or "Screwed Up Install" Thread

Is this the worst spotlight install you have ever seen?

• Yes

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • No

Votes: 37 78.7%

• Total voters

K9Vic

May 23, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
medic340 said:
View attachment 45796View attachment 45797

They call him "The Chaser Police"

Meet Chris Novoy from Oklahoma crown Vic complete with inneredge, radar both front and rear, & a plethora of antennas.

I saw the Oklahoma plates and OU sticker on the other car and medic340 location of OKC. Before I read the description I was thinking to myself, is that Chris Novy (It is Novy, not Novoy).

Are you sure that is Chris Novy as the last time I saw him he was talking about how lights are not needed for storm chasing? The chevron is his style, but last CVPI I saw him with was white, not blue. However the plate looks like what he runs, the OK Emergency Management. So yeah that is him and surprised from his past Skywarn sessions that he has all those lights in his vehicle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tjGJiRPCuE

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
I understand the need for meteorological research and that does mean some storm chasing, but I get the distinct feeling that a good number of these storm chasers are just wankers who have nothing better to do than deck their vehicles with lights, radios, and put themselves and possibly others in danger.

Sorry for the rant.

:-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x

medic340

Dec 18, 2011
USA, OK
stansdds said:
I understand the need for meteorological research and that does mean some storm chasing, but I get the distinct feeling that a good number of these storm chasers are just wankers who have nothing better to do than deck their vehicles with lights, radios, and put themselves and possibly others in danger.

Sorry for the rant.

:-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x

You have nailed it on the head. Some go about it the right way and spot for their FD or EM's but most do exactly what you have described above. And as for the EM tag in Oklahoma they used to ask for credentials now it is a free for all if you pay the money they'll give you one.

brianmcfa

Nov 27, 2012
Nebraska
Not sure how it happened but the lightbar controller, one radio, and the scanner come on when the highbeams are activated. Installation was screwed up badly to start with, then a local guy tried to fix it. Fourtunately, this is being taken care of by a professional installer.

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
brianmcfa said:
Not sure how it happened but the lightbar controller, one radio, and the scanner come on when the highbeams are activated. Installation was screwed up badly to start with, then a local guy tried to fix it. Fourtunately, this is being taken care of by a professional installer.

Well, that's a neat... "feature."

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Guess that makes them "hands free" devices. :hahano: :hahano: :hahano:

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
obviously its for a christmas parade. but it s not that festive.

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
Whoaw !

Very unhealthy...

Much lower profile over here.... (Well, the other extreme I suppose... :( Pathetically low profile !)

securitas_dh_1244699661.jpg

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
TheGatekeeper said:
Whoaw !
Very unhealthy...

Much lower profile over here.... (Well, the other extreme I suppose... :( Pathetically low profile !)
Don't worry. Securitas is over here too with the same, never level, magnet or door sticker, lol.

jph2

Apr 21, 2012
USA Michigan
Blade Runner said:
I have a new batch of Houston security car goodness... Are we ready?? :bonk:

ai211.photobucket.com_albums_bb98_playsinmud_stuff__DSC0102.jpg
Unit 001. :crackup:

I don't think I've ever put "Columbian" and "Protection" together in a sentence. At least not in a good way.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
i was just wondering how you controlled the pioneers? aren't most of them dead?

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
jph2 said:

I don't think I've ever put "Columbian" and "Protection" together in a sentence. At least not in a good way.

No kidding... :)

Does it mean they are Columbians protecting people, or protecting people from Columbians ? :weird:

car54

May 24, 2010
michigan
Don't know if you guys are mis-reading "Colombian" or they can not spell? Either way gas mileage sucks and I'm glad its not my bill to pay. :)

Disregard first part, been up now for several hours but dead tired. Should go back to bed and just try again tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
TheGatekeeper said:

Does it mean they are Columbians protecting people, or protecting people from Columbians ? :weird:
Actually yes, lol. Apparently he has experience in the protection business down in Colombia so decided to do it in Houston. Uniforms look like DPS too, lol.

Home Page

PJD642

May 20, 2010
east of Cleveland
TheGatekeeper said:

I can see needing protection from Colombians, if you're doing dirty shyt, but how can those guys tell if they're Colombian or say, Argentinians, for instance? Demand passports from every swarthy person who approaches? Tell the customer "Sorry, Sir, but this fella is actually from Belize so Imma have to let him whack you, 'cause that's not our area of expertise."?

Aug 20, 2010
Texas USA
jph2 said:

I've seen this vehicle in the Galleria area many, many times. I've always enjoyed it...gives me a laugh on rough days. Honestly though, I've seen so many whackerized security guard cars (along with the videos on YouTube...check out ANY of the videos from Texas Pioneer Control Officers sometimes) I can't help but wonder how these companies, many of whom are low ball operations, keep from being guests of Sheriff Garcia's Crossbar Hotel!

car54

May 24, 2010
michigan
Yup you're right it is an H3. Stock you get 14mpg on a good day and lightfooted, add lift kit, bigger tires, lightbar and get up and go for response you might get 9 to 11mpg. I had to the chance to rent one while my car was in the shop for 2days and used a 1/4 tank and only driving 25 to 30miles top. Not arguing but just observing what I see and know from experience. :)

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
PJD642 said:
I can see needing protection from Colombians, if you're doing dirty shyt, but how can those guys tell if they're Colombian or say, Argentinians, for instance? Demand passports from every swarthy person who approaches? Tell the customer "Sorry, Sir, but this fella is actually from Belize so Imma have to let him whack you, 'cause that's not our area of expertise."?

Hey, good point.

You'd think they'd have SOPs and quality checks though.

Jul 24, 2012
Lawrenceburg, KY
strobecrazy said:
It needs help :hopeless:

That was an Install from the guys at L&W Emergency Equipment(coincidentally the same city that I work, Lawrenceburg Ky), They do awesome installs but I think a simple mini Lightbar would have been much better for Security. The owner obviously wants his car to resemble a LE car. :hopeless:

jph2

Apr 21, 2012
USA Michigan
I caught this while running some errands today.

P1040265s.jpg

At first, I was kind of surprised it didn't wobble as he was going down the road with it. When I got home and looked at the pic, I saw it's a magnetic mount light. Maybe part of the Pro Rack is bent.

P1040265h.jpg

Pretty big cross section for a magnetic mount bar, especially angled the way it is. :nono:

ETA: Looks like a SpeedTech Fusion Ace Quad.

Last edited by a moderator:

irsa76

May 24, 2010
Australia, NSW
Jeremy0966 said:

Double stacked lights on the windshield? Jesus that's bad, and wtf is he running in the side windows? I "think" I can see something in there. And lets not even begin with the amber minibar on the tool box!

Has potential though, if you loose everything apart from the MX.

Jeremy0966

Aug 12, 2012
Idaho
irsa76 said:
Double stacked lights on the windshield? Jesus that's bad, and wtf is he running in the side windows? I "think" I can see something in there. And lets not even begin with the amber minibar on the tool box!
Has potential though, if you loose everything apart from the MX.

From his description on YouTube apparently he runs the amber separate from the other warning lights though he didn't say what for. Maybe construction or plowing but still looks like hell to me. And i think the lighting your seeing on the side windows is the reflection of the mini bar on the tool box and the red/blue light heads he has on the rear window. Bet that mini bar has a ton of flash back through the cab at night :haha:

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
3 "firestick" antennas?

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
So he's an LEO (Red) doing VFF work (Blue) and moonlightning in landscaping/snow removal (amber). He's definitely ready !

MJDNRP-6885

Jul 25, 2010
Germantown Hills, IL
From his description from this video....

His lighting set up explains it all...

"2006 Chevrolet Silverado amber warning lights. I have my truck tricked out with emergency because I'm on the local Volunteer Rescue Squad!

I use amber lights for road side assistance as well as REACT" :duh: :weird:

Zodiac

Jan 26, 2013
The Valley, WI
Fury said:
Holy sh!%, I live in Houston, home of whacktastic Houston Harris Division Patrol, who I see on a daily basis. But these guys from this video is almost unreal. Again another fine example of avoiding the word "security" at all costs, and even stepping it up a notch and avoiding the word "patrol" by putting State Tactical Anti-Crime Unit on their cars. The next Houston security company that pops up here will most likely have 6 words in it's name that sounds something kind of LE related.

All jokes aside, back off!!! I have dibs on the fat chick, and maybe the goofy pasty cowboy type person, for romantic dating possibilities.

Did anyone else watch this and think of that scene in Paul Blart?

"If you have trouble, you put your right hand on your hip, and put your left said towards the person, giving yourself the illusion of having a weapon."

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
Zodiac said:
Did anyone else watch this and think of that scene in Paul Blart?

"If you have trouble, you put your right hand on your hip, and put your left said towards the person, giving yourself the illusion of having a weapon."

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.