Official "Whacker" or "Screwed Up Install" Thread

Is this the worst spotlight install you have ever seen?

• Yes

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • No

Votes: 37 78.7%

• Total voters

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
Not sure if this has been posted before.. Not sure if he's a FD officer, but its still pretty police esque. https://youtu.be/QHtKf2Exn6o I especially like the part where he passes on a solid yellow

Kevin Yoder is a firefighter he uploads videos on youtube usually they are ok but I think he did wrong on this one by having his buddy video tape him overpassing his vehicle with the red lights on while they are on a curved road passing on a double yellow lane LOL.

FFParker

Jul 17, 2010
Aiken, SC
What do you mean that isnt art. That my friend is poetic. That car probably has a pound of the finest cheeba in the trunk! Lol.

Side note I love how they actually put a green lightbar on it.

Last edited by a moderator:

FFParker

Jul 17, 2010
Aiken, SC
Its great how the red/blue split fail is caught on camera. Exhibit A --- the purple blur on the rear of the running board..... B E A U tiful!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
I didn't really see anything wrong with this except for the fact it's a cheapo siren and I didn't see him put in any type of inline fuse just in case something happens along the wiring he did. He used proper connections, heat shrink, wire loom and was a solid install. 
That may be a cheapo siren he has, but it's a nice little unit.  Amazon has that Abrams siren available at $59 with shipping.   I've seen their demo on YouTube, and what I like is the fact that the siren's volume can be controlled, which comes in handy if you're just testing it, etc.   It has a decent but not overpowering mechanical tone, and I like the two hi-lo tones it has.   I didn't see whose lights on the CV.

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
I feel so bad for that Durango...  lol  

They need to remove all the shit from the back window of that Crown Vic and use that FasTrax thats on it!!!  Also, why would you take a Charger push bumper and custom mount it to a Crown Vic when there are literally metric tons of Crown Vic push bumpers everywhere...?

I like how they accentuate the "Christmas Tree" affect by putting garland on their cars...  lol

I'm sure Alec is going to cry when he sees that Camaro...  lol  

Reactions: Skip Goulet
May 10, 2012
New England
I know it is probably sampled by her, but the music you can hear in the background in the beginning is the same as a song called "F-f-fun" by a rapper named Big Lady K. For those of us old enough, it was one of the anthems of the more promiscuous girls in my high school at the time (circa 1986 or so...I admit I am old!!).

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Reactions: TritonBoulder47

rettoded

Aug 12, 2011
Berks County,PA
A trip to Home Depot gave some interesting results:

First up, is the age old question:

What came first: The beacon or the bar?

20141210_1117121.jpg

20141210_1117371.jpg

Secondly, is an "example" of what I believe is "temporary mounting":

20141210_1117581.jpg

20141210_1118371.jpg

Reactions: Mrlunchbox

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
whats the sticker on the truck say?

it would make sense if it were an airport rig

Reactions: tsquale
Utterly gutted I didn't have my camera on me for a great bit of lightbar induced fail. 

Pilot car pulled into work with a mini-knock off chinese Code 3 Frontier lightbar, mounted at the rear of the roof and at an angle that would have made it very visible to the ants on the ground but probably not the cars behind.

Reactions: Station 3
May 9, 2012
Central Florida
He hit 10 switches to turn on 7 lights......
Now I'll admit before I found this forum 4 or 5 years ago, I was a "I'll just buy these STL lights because they're cheap and look good to me!" kinda guy. Now, knowing what I know about good lights and not so good lights - I liked how the guy in the video above said he got those amazon lights for 25$ a piece. The Feniex T3 lights are around 30$ a piece on most reputable dealers sites....if only we could reach every first responder out there and inform them of good quality lights for dang there the same price as these cheap, POS lights they're buying.

Reactions: Storm82

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
He's a former firefighter paramedic and cop.... Now he's a ham that drives ducks on river tours..... No mention the cars purpose on qrz

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gasman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.