Starting over. 2009 Explorer

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Beautiful job, but I'm not a fan of the new grill or PB. Personally, I would've kept the OEM grill, put a setina up front, & had power arcs facing forward & M-series facing sideways (like you had considered earlier). I'm not a fan of the power arcs behind a grill for the same reason I'm not a fan of linears behind the grill (i think there's wasted potential on the off axis/intersection area)

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
Everyone leaves the stock grilles on.  I like to have my stuff a little different.  I wanted to keep my lights somewhat hidden.  They do seem to be pretty visible in the pic but for the most part they don't stand out.  Even with the other grille I did pretty well getting through traffic.

And the GF likes it lol

I might add a light to the bottom sides of the Bull Bar for the hell of it.

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
Love the grill and dont hate the power arcs there. I still wouldve went with a Setina push bumper over the bull bar. Way more bad-ass looking IMO. Love your setup currently.

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
Thanks guys.  With the new grille the Power Arcs come through no problem.  I wanted to keep the lights somewhat hidden and I think I accomplished that.  I have the itch  do something different.  Maybe a Howler?  But would that mount in an Explorer?

I am waiting on a pair of Lifetime Bug Eyes to put on the Bull Bar. 

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
The grille looks better then I thought it would.  And the lights come through it no problem.  And I am waiting on a pair of Lifetime Bug Eyes for the Bull Bar.

I would like a HLF, but I heard they are not always a good idea in an Explorer like mine. If I did get one I would change the Cannons in the fogs to red and sync them with everything else.

I can add the steady burn by just swapping over two blade connectors where my wiring all comes together.

Is there a way to download the videos so they are not blurry?

trailer 3.png

So what should I put on the trailer?

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
trailer 6.jpgI started the wiring on the trailer. I also had a black reflective strip added. I also got some cheap white leds off Ebay for the inside.

I added amber/white Apollos to the rear.  The white is used as reverse lights. Amber as warning lights as needed.  I wired it so that lights on the side cam be synced with the sides of the truck and same for the rear. I am not 100% what I am going to use as far as lights go?  G/f thinks a Cobra 600 to the rear.  And one or two T6's on the sides. 

I was working in the dark the other night.  I really would like to add some scene lights to the sides.  I was thinking possibly a Titan 400 on each side.  I haven't seen any Titans in person so I am not sure if the 400 would be enough to light up a typical front yard?

And a Couple of Bug Eyes were mounted on the Bull Bar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zHQfz94H5M

Here is the inside of the trailer with leds off Ebay

trailer 7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: TritonBoulder47

hfdemt4095

Jul 1, 2014
Holliston ma
trailer 7.jpg trailer 7.jpg trailer 7.jpg trailer 6.jpgI started the wiring on the trailer. I also had a black reflective strip added. I also got some cheap white leds off Ebay for the inside.

I added amber/white Apollos to the rear. The white is used as reverse lights. Amber as warning lights as needed. I wired it so that lights on the side cam be synced with the sides of the truck and same for the rear. I am not 100% what I am going to use as far as lights go? G/f thinks a Cobra 600 to the rear. And one or two T6's on the sides.

I was working in the dark the other night. I really would like to add some scene lights to the sides. I was thinking possibly a Titan 400 on each side. I haven't seen any Titans in person so I am not sure if the 400 would be enough to light up a typical front yard?

And a Couple of Bug Eyes were mounted on the Bull Bar.

Pics of the bug eyes?

paff2

Nov 30, 2010
Lancaster, PA
Put a flasher on the bug eyes!!! [emoji106]

Reactions: Storm4200

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
They are so bright I think they would drown out my other lights.
The only thing I see here is... The rest of your lights need to be brighter :D

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
She was at a red light yesterday and a squad came thought the intersection. She tried to mimic the sound and she said she could feel it and then she said "that's a Howler" I had to laugh. And she thinks I need to get it.

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
these are my RI  Duallys hooked to a Whelen HLF. I suggest you do this to your bug eyes 

although, i may want them synced to all of my other lights too. in that case, use a whelen PFLASH flasher for the Pioneers. It will Sync to your ULF

lotsofbars

Jul 20, 2010
NYC, New York
That looks fantastic, but I wouldn't add any more warning to the side. Floods yes, but any more warning and it would be a little too much. Love the Power Arcs in the grille though! 

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
That looks sick! Can't wait to see it with the Pegasus! I wouldn't do the full brushguard though. I think they look tacky and would take away from the appearance of your Explorer

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
The girlfriend kept saying that a full size brush guard would look bad ass. Well its on its

way here. So more decisions to make. Put PowerArcs on the BG? Sides of BG? Other changes are coming as well.

I thought my Pegasus project was complete. At first there were two white T6's in the center.

I decided to go with all red instead. I took two heads out of my 600. I wasn't sure what

looked funny. Well its the Cobra heads. You can see the difference in the close up video.

C17LVFD

May 21, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
Glad you're going with the full brush guard! Mount those powerarcs right out front! Agree the Cobra heads look out of place... Time to replace those.

Maybe some apollos on the side of the brush guard...

I know we've talked about a HLF and your reservations about them with the Explorer... Still feel like you need a HLF... I know... you've got the cannons in the fogs...

Very nice well thought out. Always look forward to what you're doing next to your truck!
Seth

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.