Starting over. 2009 Explorer

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
I mounted a pair of T3's with a license plate bracket.  I also have a new Cobra 600 for the rear window.  I am not sure if I should leave the flasher in it or sync it like I did with all my other lights with a UL44? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b01GK0s0vbY

I am going to add some Cannons in the tail lights.  Red in the upper portion of the tail light and white/amber in the reverse housing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
Thanks guys.  I just need to add a couple switches in the trailer and decide on a reverse light for it. 

I still need 4 amber Vertex for my truck along with a couple other changes.  I synced the rear bar but I think I might put lasher back in for the T/A function.  Thoughts?

hfdemt4095

Jul 1, 2014
Holliston ma
Thanks guys. I just need to add a couple switches in the trailer and decide on a reverse light for it.

I still need 4 amber Vertex for my truck along with a couple other changes. I synced the rear bar but I think I might put lasher back in for the T/A function. Thoughts?
VERTEX's??? Whaaaaaat?

crt6mrt-265

May 23, 2010
Central NJ
I mounted a pair of T3's with a license plate bracket.  I also have a new Cobra 600 for the rear window.  I am not sure if I should leave the flasher in it or sync it like I did with all my other lights with a UL44? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b01GK0s0vbY

I am going to add some Cannons in the tail lights.  Red in the upper portion of the tail light and white/amber in the reverse housing.
How do you like the t3's compared to the 6's? I kow 3 led vs 6 but I am hearing some very good things about the t3 power

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
What thread is that? She lost a bet. I got a new Harley and she has to do a photo shoot with my bike,
Its in the Ring, need a silver membership or higher to post there. Shall I get you one for the purpose of adding her there :p

Reactions: tsquale
Apr 28, 2013
New York/Mass
Truck looks absolutely perfect. I wouldn't change anything on it as of right now. 
Gotta ask though, what's the trailer lit up for/what's in it?

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
Making some small changes.  I was debating moving the Cobra 600 that is on the brush guard higher to create a little distance between it and the Cannons in the fogs.  And Larynn said sync the rear bar.  So she did most of the work taking the flasher out and rewiring it.  So some changes to the back.  I put some amber T3's on the rear plate.  They are not programmed in with the slide switch. I am not thrilled with the amber color of the T3's.  So those will most likely change lol.  

Larynn also like lights on the running boards.  Sill not sure on that one.

IMG_3379.JPG

cobra 600.JPG

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
I should have explained that pic.  The one on the top was just zipped tied on to see if it looks better on the top or where t was originally below the off road lights.  

hfdemt4095

Jul 1, 2014
Holliston ma
I had the one out of the rear window to take the flasher out.  It is back in there now.

I think the 600 looks better up top, besides the fact of it creating more distance  between the cannons in the fogs, it looks visually more appealing- atleast to me.

and I know you've said in the past that you're not a fan of a lot of white light to the front, but I think a pair if takedown spaced out far from each other would look nice, even if you didn't run them at night I think the slow wig wag of takedowns during the day time is very eye catching.

if I were you I'd set it up so itd be TDRRRRTD and keep it on the same flash pattern it's on now with everything synced except have the takedowns on opposite circuits so when the right side red flashed the left takedown would flash and when the left side flashed the right takedown would flash and somehow still have the ability to steady burn them incase the need for scene lighting or anything like that ever arose

just my .02

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
I haven't posted on here much lately. Thinking of making some changes. I was thinking of making the rear 600 r/a/a/a/a/r. I would put the flasher back in just for the amber and keep the red synced with tails. I have amber to the rear for work the few times I might need it. I put some T3's (amber) on the rear plate but I don't like the pale color.

A little bit off topic but I gave some thought to a dash cam just in case. I would have no idea what kind or what to look for.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caldwell205

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.