The Worst Police vehicles thread.

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
I don't see a light...

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
I was gonna say.. They mostly have slick tops, plus I would have never seen a light like that before.

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Well it COULD look like an Excalibur that was bolted directly to the roof with no mounting feet...

Though it isn't. :bonk:

Also to all the Michigan State police haters... You are entitled to your opinion, even if it is wrong! :yes:

FireMedic129

Jul 19, 2011
Kentucky

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
Yeah, I was amazed to find out that they offered both the Lumina and the early-90's Taurus as a police car. :dielaugh: And the kicker is, I don't know if other places did this, but Pittsburgh has used GM police cars exclusively since at least the '90s Caprice... so for a while ALL of their police cars were Luminas!

Now as to the OP... I'm guessing the point of the PT Cruiser being in the thread is that it's a PT Cruiser, which is entirely appropriate... the graphics and lighting are fine. As for the brown Crown Vic, I'd say that particular one is an example of a department that's just glad to have a car.

As for my own pick of the worst police vehicles... Northlake, TX gets it, hands down.

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
nerdly_dood said:
As for my own pick of the worst police vehicles... Northlake, TX gets it, hands down.

lol at the black stratus towards the bottom with the pair of LS12's suction cupped to the from windshield. lol

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
LRGJr72 said:
The classic Toronto PD yellow cruiser:

This is the thread about bad police cars. I think this is the thread you're looking for.

jph2

Apr 21, 2012
USA Michigan
Steady Fred said:
I gotta say, I appreciate a town that recognizes one of its biggest employers by using their products. The Belvidere Assembly plant also builds the Jeep Patriot; I would have picked that over the Dart.

Auburn Hills, MI, PD uses Chrysler products, since that's where the company's headquarters are located. Once upon a time, their fleet consisted of Intrepids. I hope they never get a Fiat 500... :eek:

AuburnHillsMI.jpg

Courtesy Ultimate Police Car Photo site

Jun 18, 2012
Virginia
All 3 of my university's cars belong here. They have the same (non-reflective) decal as every other university vehicle and you can only tell 100% its a police car if the lightbar is on since some of the university's construction vehicles have clear-lensed LED bars on them, and one of the cars' lightbar doesn't work at all. None of them say police on them anywhere.

IMG_0134.jpg

College Trip 196.jpg

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
nerdly_dood said:
Yeah, I was amazed to find out that they offered both the Lumina and the early-90's Taurus as a police car. .
e first body style.

The Taurus was offered with a Police Package since the late 80's with the first body style. It had gills in the solid grill area for extra cooling. The Lumina had a 9C1 with the last body style, and featured real Recaro buckets in front. Both had 3.8 V6 and 4 wheel disc brakes, and were way faster than Crown Victorias, and faster than non LT1 Caprice! While neither were RWD, they did handle well. I drove 9C1 Luminas frequently, and owned a 1993 Taurus PPV. My Taurus was faster than the 2005 Impala 9C1, and would take a Prelude 4WS every time! My only issue with the Taurus was it ran hot due to no grill, and the Lumina had some problems with the left front wheel spindle snapping at the Dallas PD PVOC.

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
[quote= one of the cars' lightbar doesn't work at all. None of them say police on them anywhere.

jph2

Apr 21, 2012
USA Michigan
The web page may be titled Top 19 Police Cars, but 3 of them make me wonder about the author's sanity. They are...

Turkish traffic police

police-car_9.JPG

Austrian police Smart car

police-car_14.JPG

and, not to be outdone, Sioux Falls VW Bug with a big Tomar heliobe bar

police-car_13.JPG

Sarge619

Jul 19, 2011
Central Massachusetts
HILO said:
e first body style.

The Taurus was offered with a Police Package since the late 80's with the first body style.

Just an FYI, Ford never offered a Taurus Police Package in the late 1980's. While some departments may have utilized base-level Tauruses, they were not police-spec packages. The Taurus Police Package was introduced in 1990 (end of 1st Generation) and produced until 1995 (2nd Generation). For more specifics, try here:

Ford Taurus Police Package

Last edited by a moderator:

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
Sarge619 said:
Just an FYI, Ford never offered a Taurus Police Package in the late 1980's. While some departments may have utilized base-level Tauruses, they were not police-spec packages. The Taurus Police Package was introduced in 1991 (end of 1st Generation) and produced until 1995 (2nd Generation). For more specifics, try here:

Ford Taurus Police Package

1990/91, correct. First generation, easy to forget. I know the SHO crowd liked to put the gill grill on their SHO!

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
HILO said:
I know the SHO crowd liked to put the gill grill on their SHO!
Oh now that does look nice... I can see why they would.

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Storm4200 said:
Edison NJ

Is it a pedophile trying to look like a cop?

Or a cop trying to look like a pedophile?

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
SomeBloke said:
Could be worse... Burlington SO, NJ

View attachment 44292

That is damn-near Ironic.... WOW.

Hoser, I was thinking that Oldsmobile looks like a class project for Whacker 101. Wonder if they got credit?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesseclark2448

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.