rkond2

Aug 17, 2012
West Haven, CT
trk31.jpg

prisonervan.jpg

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
Hell, with those old military blazers and pickup trucks (CUCV) just go to Massachusetts and look at all the fire departments, the majority of them have those, usually good bodies, low miles, maybe some surface rust, and CHEAP.

NVFD612

May 25, 2010
Indiana
Don't hate on the CUCV's I would love to have one of those to have as a "fun vehicle"... I probably wouldn't trade in the SSV Tahoe, but it would be an awesome response rig...

Dennis

resQyou

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Chicago PD had blazers and suburbans back in the day, and they looked sweet!

Id love to find one.

w8uu

Nov 30, 2012
Ohio
7d9_z28 said:
Its a crown Victoria POLICE INTERCEPTOR.. So you aren't mad at the car...

Its BLUE... Very common for police (aside from it being a special blue) and noticable.. So you can't hate the color...

The Unity is extremely effective.. until you have been pulled over by one, you can't complain...

Hmm, Not seeing anything here to hate on :weird:

What is that thing in the middle of the hood? :undecided:

brianmcfa

Nov 27, 2012
Nebraska
Your unknown car was from the Gregory County, South Dakota Sheriff's office. I took that photo about five years ago.

SomeBloke said:
Kind of surprised this isn't a thread already. I know we have the whacker/screwed up install thread in the misc section, but I felt there should be a special thread dedicated to finding and posting the worst police vehicles you've seen or found.

To post here, the vehicles must have at least one of the following qualities (or lack of)

- Paint Scheme/Decals , eg. Bright red with green stripes

- Stupid vehicles to use as police vehicles, eg. Toyota Prius

- Bad equipment, eg. a suburban with a single tear-drop light

- Wear/tear, eg. rust, filth, damage

Please list the department the vehicles is from, and if possible the vehicle brand/model.

To start with;

Goddard, Kansas

View attachment 43739

unknown dept, Crown vic

View attachment 43740

brianmcfa said:
Your unknown car was from the Gregory County, South Dakota Sheriff's office. I took that photo about five years ago.

You know, I've been wondering if the nationalpolicearchives photographers were on here in some form.

Thanks for the info. I knew it was one of the "South ****" states. Couldn't remember which.

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
w8uu said:
What is that thing in the middle of the hood? :undecided:

It's called a Hailer.

Do a search on here for it. Like the red STOP light that I have seen on some canadian police cars back in the day.

They pull up next to your window and light it up :thumbsup:

brianmcfa

Nov 27, 2012
Nebraska
Yeah I'm one of the "staff" photographers. I have most of Nebraska and a few from surrounding states. I used to run the nebraskapolice.info site which was originally the geocities.com/nebrpolice. I didn't have time for it anymore so I let a college kid take over it. It lasted about two months and disappeared.

SomeBloke said:
You know, I've been wondering if the nationalpolicearchives photographers were on here in some form.

Thanks for the info. I knew it was one of the "South ****" states. Couldn't remember which.

brianmcfa

Nov 27, 2012
Nebraska
Stuart, Nebraska. I guess it worked for them. Was still in service as of 2006. It's a Buick Regal.

cnpca6093-vi.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

brianmcfa

Nov 27, 2012
Nebraska
This one is Nebraska [Cattle] Brand Enforcement. Yes, they actually have sworn law enforcement officers for brand inspections. This photo is from about 2006.

cnpca5573-vi.jpg

brianmcfa

Nov 27, 2012
Nebraska
Your eyes don't deceive you, this one is actually a powder blue. This was still in the lot with state plates around 2000. I know it didn't last long after that.

cnpca1878-vi.jpg

brianmcfa

Nov 27, 2012
Nebraska
Gage County, Nebraska, late 90s. I don't know if it was used for special circumstances but I would have at least put lights on the roof.

cnpca5583-vi.jpg

brianmcfa

Nov 27, 2012
Nebraska
Decatur, Nebraska. This one is actually my doing. This is a 1993 Chevrolet Cheyenne that was military surplus with 68,000 miles. I got it for free through the 1033 program because my department's Crown Vics couldn't make it around town and up the hills when it snowed. I was slapping it together with just about anything I could get my hands on. The fire department gave me the lightbar to use and I only set it on top for the photo because I had planned on using it and wanted a quick "in service" pic. Thankfully, another agency gave me a bunch of their old stuff so it's got an Excaliber now. Even the striping and decals were aquired by trading items from around the office. Net cost to the village: $0.

DecaturNebraska1993ChevroletCheyenne.jpg

brianmcfa

Nov 27, 2012
Nebraska
For a really rural county the size of Rhode Island, I would think skimping on the lightbars would be a bad thing. Cherry County, Nebraska.

cnpca1377-vi.jpg

cnpca1726-vi.jpg

cnpca1725-vi.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

JennyCop

Jan 19, 2012
Sunny Arizona
Brianmcfa, why do you only post only one picture per post? instead of multiple per post? just wondering.

brianmcfa

Nov 27, 2012
Nebraska
Several reasons. First, it was easier for me to find one picture and upload it, instead of finding them all at once. Second, I thought it would be easier for people to try and comment on an individual picture over a post with a bunch of photos. Third, relating to uploading multiples, my wifi signal isn't consistent and if I upload too much at once it disconnects me.

JennyCop said:
Brianmcfa, why do you only post only one picture per post? instead of multiple per post? just wondering.

brianmcfa

Nov 27, 2012
Nebraska
Jewell County, KS. I wonder if they thought putting the star on the window instead of the door would save the paint or something.

cnpca17101-vi.jpg

brianmcfa

Nov 27, 2012
Nebraska
If I remember correctly, their Crown Vic caught fire after a pursuit. This might have been a quick replacement. Clay Center, NE.

cnpca17105-vi.jpg

brianmcfa said:
If I remember correctly, their Crown Vic caught fire after a pursuit.

A hot pursuit?

Very big props to you for the dedication in police photos. I chucked my local PD photos over to the NPA.org

brianmcfa

Nov 27, 2012
Nebraska
That's where all my photos have gone too and that's the only place a lot of them exist since the drive I had them stored on went belly up. I know the webmaster has gotten so far behind on posting he may never actually catch up. That's what happens when you have babies.

SomeBloke said:
I chucked my local PD photos over to the NPA.org

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Haha! The worst police vehicles thread has a page dedicated to Nebraska vehicles!

Actually, that tan Tahoe looks like the typical backwoods small town sheriff vehicle you would see on an episode of CSI where the sheriff is corrupt and "Nobody is this town dun nuttin wrong, ain't nobody round here dun killed nobody."

brianmcfa

Nov 27, 2012
Nebraska
For the record, that one was from Kansas! :razz:

7d9_z28 said:
Haha! The worst police vehicles thread has a page dedicated to Nebraska vehicles!

Actually, that tan Tahoe looks like the typical backwoods small town sheriff vehicle you would see on an episode of CSI where the sheriff is corrupt and "Nobody is this town dun nuttin wrong, ain't nobody round here dun killed nobody."

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gasman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.