The Worst Police vehicles thread.

brianmcfa

Nov 27, 2012
Nebraska
Oh all three were police cars, but at first glance I'd think they were all fire vehicles.

unityrv26 said:
I have a feeling that is a police car. Something about the front quarter panel screams police.

emcom

Apr 12, 2011
Huntsville, AL
SomeBloke said:
View attachment 46304

Thomaston, AL.

I'm guessing they don't have much crime..

No plate on the back. This car is out of service and likely waiting for auction. It looks very dusty like it has been still for a long time.

My first car with my current PD was RED :-x It was a county commissioner's car that he donated to us and it lasted about 3 or 4 years in police service. It had a digital dash and puffy leather seats. It was ugly tho. Here is my pic I submitted to National Police Car Archives:

http://images41.fotki.com/v1266/photos/4/49373/2010291/cnpca7405-vi.jpg - sorry link appears dead.

Last edited by a moderator:

brianmcfa

Nov 27, 2012
Nebraska
A lot of the Fokti links are dead. Apparently one of their picture servers was knocked out in hurricane Sandy. They keep saying they'll be back "soon".

emcom said:
My first car with my current PD was RED :-x It was a county commissioner's car that he donated to us and it lasted about 3 or 4 years in police service. It had a digital dash and puffy leather seats. It was ugly tho. Here is my pic I submitted to National Police Car Archives:

http://images41.fotki.com/v1266/photos/4/49373/2010291/cnpca7405-vi.jpg - sorry link appears dead.

brianmcfa

Nov 27, 2012
Nebraska
Can't say I care too much for this. "Police" gets too washed out especially on the SUV and the checkerboard black and green doesn't bring images of a police car immediately to mind. Probably why it's already on it's way out with a decent looking blue and white scheme replacing it.

BlairNE1.jpg

BlairNE3.jpg

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
A Promise of Quality ... on our next graphics scheme.

FreshDave04

Jun 30, 2010
Elkhart, IN
You guys haven't seen bad until you see the whip I used to patrol in (for 3 1/2 years, mind you) as a Park Police officer. :jawdrop:

599c07f9.jpg

You can see some of the vehicle's majestic glory in this video (especially around the 0:16 mark), where I was speaking with a couple of Indiana DNR officers in regards to a found body investigation I was a part of.

jprleedy4680

Jan 27, 2011
N. Michigan
FreshDave04 said:
You guys haven't seen bad until you see the whip I used to patrol in (for 3 1/2 years, mind you) as a Park Police officer. :jawdrop:

View attachment 49282

You can see some of the vehicle's majestic glory in this video (especially around the 0:16 mark), where I was speaking with a couple of Indiana DNR officers in regards to a found body investigation I was a part of.

Who ever thought that set-up would be a good idea...?

davidinmi

Mar 20, 2013
northern michigan
Wish I had taken a picture of the dare car they brought to my high school... It was a 1979 corvette, white with red dare lettering on the doors, no siren or lights but it had a big a$$ amp and 2 12" speakers behind the seats and they pretty much just cranked it up playing the "bad boys" song from cops all afternoon lol

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
"Cleveland Police - Putting People First" (in the line of fire.)

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
JazzDad said:
"Cleveland Police - Putting People First" (in the line of fire.)

Wrong Cleavland...

RyanZ71

Jun 14, 2011
Denver, Colorado
The lightbar looks nice, but other than that I am sure Detroit has better things to be saving their money on right now instead of graphics that make the car look like it belongs on the local NASCAR track. Also don't care for the long and big web page address as well.

Sarge619

Jul 19, 2011
Central Massachusetts
crazynova said:
Some may think these are the best, some might think they are the worst. I don't care for them personally:

View attachment 50745

WAY too busy.... and that scheme ain't gonna bring anyone who fled Detroit back, nor attract any new residents either IMHO. Just save the $$ and paint 'em flat black like in RoboCop. That's a lot more in tune with the current "Motor City".

Reactions: John

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
Detroit PD and FD are suffering from the financial ruin of the city. The only reason Detroit is getting the new Taurus, as well as Caprice and Charger police cars and new Ambulances, all equipped and ready to roll, is that Ford, Chrysler, and GM donated the cars, and other companies paid for the wraps, equipment, and local dealerships are going to handle the upkeep. So anyone boo hooing about 'money being wasted' can squash that! I'm impressed that the big 3 and others stepped up, so it matters not what they look like!

unityrv26

Mar 4, 2012
Michigan
crazynova said:
Some may think these are the best, some might think they are the worst. I don't care for them personally:

View attachment 50745

If they are switching to these graphics they have to be crazy! Graphics like this are expensive!! Where would they find that kind of money when they can barely afford new cars???

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
unityrv26 said:
If they are switching to these graphics they have to be crazy! Graphics like this are expensive!! Where would they find that kind of money when they can barely afford new cars???

Try reading a couple of posts up, HILO pretty much explains it :duh:

emcom

Apr 12, 2011
Huntsville, AL
emcom said:

I found a pic here at the house. I have attached it.

ai494.photobucket.com_albums_rr304_Officer512_Car512ESmall.jpg

Redcar2.JPG

FireEMSPolice

May 21, 2010
Ohio
RyanZ71 said:
I like the color. Here is a 96 P71 I got off of EBAY from Heath, Ohio.

View attachment 51125

That is Toreador Red. I wish Ford would have kept it. Unfortunately, after a few years, they changed to Dark Toreador Red, which remains today for the new Interceptors. They should just offer the bright Ruby Red for them.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benny22

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.