The Worst Response Video Thread

Quickstep80

May 30, 2012
Europe
SomeBloke said:
Methinks it's the old strobes vs camera frame.
You're right.

First I thought that during that time span at least one single flash should have been captured by the camera.

Well, at the very end of the video, just when the second police car with that Haensch Movia-D strobe beacon turns, you can see one quick flash.

So my mistake... I assume the throwlights were on.

Quentin

May 21, 2010
Lancaster, Nebraska
Mattdecker said:
Idk if this is the dash cam making it look as if he is going faster than he actually is but I'd be deathly afraid to ride with him.

Video starts skipping around the 1:00 mark so just skip ahead to the 2:20 mark when it does.

I really like this video. if you don't move, i'll move you:D

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
Snibsey said:
If you think those are bad The Met' was still equipping unmarked cars with Winkworth Gongs (a bell) as their only means of clearing the way until the late 1980s.

They did come in the world since then though.... I wish our French constabulary could say the same... :sad:

5407447105_fd96fdfa92.jpg

6396131701_cb10d95f4c_b.jpg

8183004084_7f089a6a6a_o.jpg

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
firefighter7017 said:

Well, hes from NY.. Explains the driving.. (watch his other videos..)

Gotta admit, he currently has a SWEET ride...

2012 Ford F150 Raptor

Most of the communications/siren package was repurposed from the 2011 F150 since it was less than a year old.

The vehicle has:

1 Whelen DUO Lightbar

1 Red/white Pegasus interior light bar|

1 Red/white Ion on the dash

4 Red/white ions in the grill

4-All white wide angle Ions in the grill

2-Red/White ions under the rear bumper

2-Red/blue LINZ 6 lites above the rear license plate.

2 All white wide angle Ions under the rear bumper

2-Whelen Red Oval lites on the site air intakes

2-Red/Blue Ions on the running boards

Grover Stutter Horns with compressor and tank.

Whelen Howler Siren

Power Call Siren

Whelen 15 tone Generation 3Alpha Siren

FireTek CAD with light/siren/radio controls

RADIOS:

3 UHF Motorola TRBO Mobiles

1 UHF HYTERA Mobile

1 800 MHz XTL Mobile

1 Low Band CDM 1550 Mobile

Full CAD with radio/light/siren control. Calls come through the CAD for all departments that I cover.

Fire Marshal Trucks-Then and now. | The Suburban Fire Marshal | Andrew J. Brofman

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
The lighting package sucks, but the audible warning? :hail:

Whelen siren with a Howler, a Powercall, and Grover airhorns?

497a6_ORIG-JIMP.jpg

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
acala91 said:
The lighting package sucks, but the audible warning? :hail:

Whelen siren with a Howler, a Powercall, and Grover airhorns?

View attachment 53168

You DO know you missed one right?

Whelen Howler Siren

Power Call Siren

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

bunnyfurr

Aug 29, 2010
WA
vc859 said:
Why is he still responding code 3 after they placed the alarm out of service and said "same problem as before"?

Good question. And why are we blowing stop signs and intersections ??? And apparently blowing your horn and siren in parked parking lot is ok as well for a smoke alarm WOW

Dec 4, 2011
US NC
bunnyfurr said:
Good question. And why are we blowing stop signs and intersections ??? And apparently blowing your horn and siren in parked parking lot is ok as well for a smoke alarm WOW

Him blowing intersections and stop signs are why I posted it. He blew the first one with just two blasts of an airhorn. It is a sweet truck though.

RyanZ71

Jun 14, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Sometimes police and or fire are requested to approach a location without a siren. Think of it as Code-2 (Get there as soon as you can with no lights/siren) but with the lights.

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
RyanZ71 said:
Sometimes police and or fire are requested to approach a location without a siren. Think of it as Code-2 (Get there as soon as you can with no lights/siren) but with the lights.

Police alright, but why would FD be asked to respond to a fire without siren ? There is or there is no emergency. I don't get why a fire apparatus would be required to approach an incident in a stealth fashion... But I'm willing to listen to some rationale though ! ;)

Back to this vid... Definitely a mixed message... Is this truck responding or is it not ? Its driver doesn't seem to be the most proficient EOD I have ever seen either...

Now, perhaps the siren just died on them, in which case, he's doing pretty good given the circumstance...

TX_Mark

Jun 17, 2013
San Antonio,TX
TheGatekeeper said:
Police alright, but why would FD be asked to respond to a fire without siren ? There is or there is no emergency. I don't get why a fire apparatus would be required to approach an incident in a stealth fashion... But I'm willing to listen to some rationale though ! ;)

Back to this vid... Definitely a mixed message... Is this truck responding or is it not ? Its driver doesn't seem to be the most proficient EOD I have ever seen either...

Now, perhaps the siren just died on them, in which case, he's doing pretty good given the circumstance...

The only time my dept that I was with ran lights with no sirens was if it was an assault and SO wasnt on scene yet, or once we entered a neighborhood early morning/late night. Lights and sirens were ran until about 3/4 away from your call. If it was an assault we would stage at the next street before our destination.

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
RyanZ71 said:
Usually situations like that it is unsafe for fire/ems personal to respond to the scene and PD may have to clear the scene first. Fire/EMS may respond lights/sirens but when close turn them off and respond routine and to a staging point and not the scene, never lights but no siren. PD may go lights NO siren, but a cop car is a little more maneuverable through traffic then fire apparatus.

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
TX_Mark said:
The only time my dept that I was with ran lights with no sirens was if it was an assault and SO wasnt on scene yet, or once we entered a neighborhood early morning/late night. Lights and sirens were ran until about 3/4 away from your call. If it was an assault we would stage at the next street before our destination.
We would get EMS calls all the time where people request no lights/siren in the area or no siren. You wouldn't go into a scene until the LE cleared it right?

MtnMan

Dec 20, 2012
Eastern PA
TheGatekeeper said:

Possibly for a disturbed or suicidal person, hostage situation, etc. That said, I'm guessing the driver in the vid just got stuck in the wrong lane on a non-emergency run.

TX_Mark

Jun 17, 2013
San Antonio,TX
lafd55 said:
We would get EMS calls all the time where people request no lights/siren in the area or no siren. You wouldn't go into a scene until the LE cleared it right?

If the ems call was requested no lights/sirens and there were no priors of pshyc calls then we would make scene, but if there were priors sometimes we would request LE.

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
Suicidal person, SWAT call out, or at the request of the PD are the common reasons in Dallas for no siren.

litning

May 21, 2010
Central NH
Often times when we are responding to an area with horses / stables, we will not use a siren to protect the lives of those near the horses and other animals. If you are a city guy and have never seen the power of a horse kick, it's hard to understand. One kick by a spooked horse can easily kill a person.

PJH

May 23, 2010
CO Springs&West PointNY
Must live in those really way out of the way areas... :)

We take our horses downtown and use the McDonalds drive thru!

litning said:
Often times when we are responding to an area with horses / stables, we will not use a siren to protect the lives of those near the horses and other animals. If you are a city guy and have never seen the power of a horse kick, it's hard to understand. One kick by a spooked horse can easily kill a person.
aa.jpg

Tlauden

Apr 3, 2011
Halifax, PA
We sometimes use no siren, at night in a rural area we can go from the station to the scene and not pass a single vehicle except for others responding to the station.

ac316scu

Nov 18, 2010
Westchester NY
unlisted said:
You DO know you missed one right?

Whelen Howler Siren

Power Call Siren

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

The town he is responding to, Centereach, NY, has similar setups on their chiefs cars, ambulances, and fire police vehicles. It is very annoying at 3 am to hear it all blasting down the road. Also they have to have the worst lighting setup. All sorts of un-synced split fail goodness. I will try to grab a video one of these days.

TX_Mark

Jun 17, 2013
San Antonio,TX
ac316scu said:
The town he is responding to, Centereach, NY, has similar setups on their chiefs cars, ambulances, and fire police vehicles. It is very annoying at 3 am to hear it all blasting down the road. Also they have to have the worst lighting setup. All sorts of un-synced split fail goodness. I will try to grab a video one of these days.

Like seen here?

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
What's that chiming? Forget to put on the seatbelt?

May 9, 2012
Central Florida
Muxlow said:
Seems he dont like to even slow down for stop signs from his other 3 videos.. or red lights.
Truck seems like it would look neat thou :)

It seems like he's not a fan of wearing his seatbelt either...much less the whole stopping, or even slowing down for stop signs / red lights! It's only a matter of time before it catches up with him unfortunately! Hopefully he doesn't kill someone! :nono:

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Travelin Man said:
How do we know that they weren't clearing from a call and waiting to overtake the intersection when traffic was clear so they could return to quarters?

Ive seen the complete opposite in Missouri...BRTs running full tilt, siren only and no lights thru a busy commercial/residential area. Not stopping for lights and causing serious "wake" in front and behind him in all directions. Visual is always better than audible IMO.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jriccio@necommunications.

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.