*UPDATE 6-8-14 Completely Stripped* B&B Lighting Solutions - 2003 Chevy Avalanche

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
When ever i see pictures of this truck my pee pee starts to hurt.

And yes i did save the those pictures of the backside of the Avalanch to my harddrive for further evaluation later

Bill clinton.jpg

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
EMS10EMT said:
I like it!

Thanks man...

Station 3 said:
When ever i see pictures of this truck my pee pee starts to hurt.

And yes i did save the those pictures of the backside of the Avalanch to my harddrive for further evaluation later

Mex, you are a sad sick little bastard... LoL

2stateff

Jul 17, 2011
Lake Harmony
TritonBoulder47 said:
Yeah... The only empty spot in the whole bar is the section under the rear flashers... And I actually cut the duplex frame in half to move them to the outer portion of the bar... With the Auxiliary reverse lights there, it throws the most amount of light where I want it to the rear and a little bit to the sides.

how do you like that lightbar im looking to get one for my truck dont quite know what to get though

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
2stateff said:
how do you like that lightbar im looking to get one for my truck dont quite know what to get though

I've loved this bar since I got it... Even before I installed in on my Tahoe... LoL

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
MichianaELS said:
That new rear setup is SICK, bro! As always, great work! That Dave guy from Michiana ELS sounds like a stand up fellow. :D

Hell yeah he is... The place sounded a little "sham-ish", but I thought I'd give'em a shot... LoL

2stateff said:
sounds good maybe ill see you around especially considering we are so far from one another

haha, true that... LoL Just to let ya know, the bar is or sale... LoL

2stateff

Jul 17, 2011
Lake Harmony
TritonBoulder47 said:
Hell yeah he is... The place sounded a little "sham-ish", but I thought I'd give'em a shot... LoL

haha, true that... LoL Just to let ya know, the bar is or sale... LoL

why is it that everytime i actually have some money i always find some way to completly spend it in less then a week so now the scary part how much? pm me the details

gip127

Sep 29, 2011
New Jersey
this looks like it would be very bright at night

fire1

Jun 5, 2011
Michigan
TritonBoulder47 said:
Here's a new vid I threw together since the set-up has changed a little... LoL

People say strobes are dead. Great setup, great lightbar. I have a 12 strobe mini & do not think a led will out do it, day or night.

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
OK, now that I have a little time, I can explain a little further...

I got the 9622 about 5-6 years ago in a trade with a local police department... The trade consisted of 2-90watt Whelen Power supplies, 4 single Dashmisers, a dual DashMiser, some cables, and 2 extra strobe heads. It's been a GREAT bar, and I've never had a problem with it, aside from some blown halogen bulbs...

All I really did with it was get a new full-length power and control cable (becuase it only had about 4" of cable coming out of the bar) a new outter lens kit, some new DashKing filters for the Duplex strobes, took out the T/A function (to make rear flashers and rear aux lights), separated the takedowns and re-arranged some of the strobe locations. I truley loved this bar, and it was a great project for me... But the time had come for me to switch it up...

I'm not quite sure what I'm going to replace it with, most likely a Freedom From HPD, but I'm not 100% decided yet... For right now I put my single Talon back above the RVM, and I'm working on putting my SVP DL-16 up front too.

SBFD-E-9

May 24, 2010
Washington IL
It doesn't even look like the same truck without the Edge bar on it. I'm looking forward to seeing what you put up top. I'm sure it will turn out great like the Edge did.

Dan

spc2315

Mar 27, 2011
Connecticut
If you do go with the freedom I would love to see you put the colored lense kit on the corner and outer slots leaving the rear clear. Love the look on that lots of local PDs are switching to that around here looks awesome!

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
UPDATE!!! Thanks to Dave@P1 (MichianaELS) my truck now has a lightbar again... lol Its an 8-Strobe Whelen Patriot with rear Amber LEDs... The bar arrived with only the corner strobes working and the rear LEDs... I opened up the bar an found that the second power supply had a blown fuse... Changed it out and, BAM 8 strobes... It also have flashing TDs and Alleys... The rear LEDs are 2 TIR-6s and 2 5MM heads... I moved the rear strobes to the front and threw it on my truck...

Anyway, here at the pics... (Click for larger image)

ai64.photobucket.com_albums_h191_tritontim47_The_20Avalanche_th_2012_03_22_15_15_25_527.jpg ai64.photobucket.com_albums_h191_tritontim47_The_20Avalanche_th_2012_03_22_15_15_40_442.jpg ai64.photobucket.com_albums_h191_tritontim47_The_20Avalanche_th_2012_03_22_15_15_51_921.jpg ai64.photobucket.com_albums_h191_tritontim47_The_20Avalanche_th_2012_03_22_15_16_17_448.jpg

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
I really want to like the Patriot, but I've gathered from this site that it's pretty unreliable. Hope it works for you. :thumbsup:

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
CenTexPSE said:
I think it looks much better with the Patriot than it did with the Edge!

Thanks bro... Gotta love Dave@P1 for hookin' a brother up!!!

nerdly_dood said:
I really want to like the Patriot, but I've gathered from this site that it's pretty unreliable. Hope it works for you. :thumbsup:

I've heard that, but I've NEVER experienced it... I bought a used 22" LFL Strobe and worked stong, actually its the same light (just with different lenses) shown in this install: http://elightbars.org/forums/f34/b-b-lighting-solutions-2002-ford-f-150-a-18365/ And its still going strong... The only "problem" this bar had was a blow fuse on the secondary power supply.

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
I honestly didn't think this size bar was going to look right on my truck after have the 9622 Edge on it for so long, but I'm LOVIN it...

emtanderson51

Apr 9, 2011
USA Massachusetts
looks good but 1: needs LED heads and 2: I thought you guys couldn't have any clear warning? Nice install and the LO-PRO looks far better....

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
emtanderson51 said:
looks good but 1: needs LED heads and 2: I thought you guys couldn't have any clear warning? Nice install and the LO-PRO looks far better....

1. I'm in the process of building a Custom Liberty...

2. We can't... I don't run them while responding. I ocasionally turn them on after I'm on scene, but thats about it...

Thanks bro... I cant wait to get the Liberty built and get a all clear lenses bar up there...

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
We did a little adding to the Patriot yesterday...

I decided that I wanted some extra reverse lights again, and since there were 2 open slots in the rear of the bar, it was an easy mod... So we tore the bar apart, took out the blank spacer caps in the lighthead buckets, and snapped in the 500 series halogen heads (that we had laying around) We also had enough various wiring pieces from other Whelen bars we had to make a simple harness for them... The are being run off the AUX port of the Patriot I/O Board. We found a 2-pin to 4-pin harness, and a 4-pin to dual 2-pin harness... Simple plug and play, and viola!!! LoL We also had a couple of uncut brand new clear 16.25" LFL lens sections...

Total time for the mod was under 15 minutes, and that included tear down and looking through a vast Bin-O-Whelen-Wiring... lol

Here's a quick pic...

ai64.photobucket.com_albums_h191_tritontim47_The_20Avalanche_2012_04_20_12_36_28_10.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Well I did a little modifying to the Patriot today... Since 3 of the 500 Linear strobes blew, I needed to fix this as best I could... Sadly, I only had 1 spare 500 Strobe, so I decided to add some extra TDs... Now I have 4... LoL

I made a wiring harness from a bunch of stock Whelen wiring pieces and connectors.

Here are some pics...

ai64.photobucket.com_albums_h191_tritontim47_The_20Avalanche_th_2012_04_28_12_49_49_48.jpg ai64.photobucket.com_albums_h191_tritontim47_The_20Avalanche_th_2012_04_28_12_50_05_817.jpg ai64.photobucket.com_albums_h191_tritontim47_The_20Avalanche_th_2012_04_28_12_50_45_19.jpg ai64.photobucket.com_albums_h191_tritontim47_The_20Avalanche_th_2012_04_28_12_51_32_660.jpg

Its a never ending project with this bar... lol

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Well, Yesterday started the complete re-do of my Avalanche... BJ and I stripped the Patriot off and completely gutted it of all wiring... I'm now in the planning statges of the rebuild, plus i'm starting to build my custom liberty...

It's current package is now a very basic one... Whelen CON-3 Responder (version 1) and a Whelen Single Talon (Above the RVM) The only other device I have hooked up is my Motorola M1225 mobile. We also put a lip-mount antenna on the hood because my mag-mount antenna on the roof kept "twanging" off my garage door everytime I entered ot exited my garage, and that got annoying a hell... lol Anyway, here a a couple pics of what it looks like now...

ai64.photobucket.com_albums_h191_tritontim47_The_20Avalanche_2013_03_01_07_14_45_817_zps2efad466.jpg

ai64.photobucket.com_albums_h191_tritontim47_The_20Avalanche_2013_03_01_07_15_00_313_zpsd16a6b7a.jpg

In the works:

- Custom Power Distrobution Board

- Custom Liberty

Current Equipment to be used:

- Whelen Mirror Beams (Installed, but not hooked up)

- Whelen 700 Series Linear LED Heads (Installed behind the lower grill, but not hooked up. might be moving them to the upper grill)

- Whelen 600 Series Linear LED Heads (Uninstalled, possibly being installed in the lower grill)

- 4 SNM E3s (2 amber/2 blue, mounted between the tailgate and bumper, not hooked up)

- 2 SNM E3s (Blue, on a LP bracker with my MULE, but they might be getting moved to a different location, maybe intersection warning)

- Custom built CON-3 T/A (8 head, all amber but might make the ends blue. Possibly to be mounted in the rear window)

- Whelen Single Talon (Above the RVM, will most likely stay there)

- 4 Feniex Python T-4s (Probably going to be double-stacked and used in my Custom Liberty)

- 2 Feniex Fairy LED HAWs (Probably going to be used in my Custom Liberty in the alley light locations)

- Galls XL400 digital switchbox

- Motorola M1225 mobile radio

- Sho Me 30.2200 Full Function Siren (basically a PowerCall DX5)

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
Can't wait to see what you do with it. This reminds me that I really need to take time to re-do my wiring and power distribuition board on my Silverado... damn you!

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
foxtrot5 said:
Can't wait to see what you do with it. This reminds me that I really need to take time to re-do my wiring and power distribuition board on my Silverado... damn you!

My bad... lol

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
TritonBoulder47 said:
My bad... lol

Oh shut up, we all know you're not really sorry! :p

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.