*UPDATE 6-8-14 Completely Stripped* B&B Lighting Solutions - 2003 Chevy Avalanche

Nov 7, 2011
New England
Looks good bro! Looking forward to seeing it when the rest of the equipment makes its appearance! how do you like the M1225? I just picked one up for one of the private EMS services I work for's ambulance for hospital patches (was a standby service, now doing transports)

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
jcpse said:
Looks good bro! Looking forward to seeing it when the rest of the equipment makes its appearance! how do you like the M1225? I just picked one up for one of the private EMS services I work for's ambulance for hospital patches (was a standby service, now doing transports)

I've had my M1225 for about 7+ years now... And I have absolutely NO complaints...

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Well, I officially started my re-organization today... Currently the truck is completely gutted... It only has my M1225 mobile, and a Single Talon above the RVM... I'm in the process of making a custom power board where all my devices will be fed from.

Today I got my grill lights mounted where I want them... I have 2 Whelen 700 Series Linear LED heads and 2 Whelen 600 Linear LED heads.

ai64.photobucket.com_albums_h191_tritontim47_The_20Avalanche_20130517_170015_zpscc70eec8.jpg

Rest of the Build:

- I have a pair of Whelen LIN4s that will be mounted as front intersection warning

- Whelen MirrorBeams with 500 Series LIN6s

- Custom built (by me) Full-Size Whelen Liberty ( http://elightbars.org/forums/f13/lets-see-pictures-custom-lights-lightbars-7646/index17.html#post387212 )

- Custom Built (by me) CON-3 T/A ( http://elightbars.org/forums/f13/lets-see-pictures-custom-lights-lightbars-7646/index13.html#post278875 ) But I changed the ends to Blue TIR-6s

- 2 Blue SNM E3s and 2 Amber SNM E3s in the rear (between my tailgate and bumper)

- 2 Blue SNM E3s for rear intersection type warning

- Custom power board

It's gonna be a slow process, but hopefully I'll be done in a month or 2... lol

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
wow thats A LOT of grill light! :eek:

i think it may be time for a full sized push bumper as opposed to just the bull bar.

BTW, I love the Liberty! it looks great! i also really like the CON3 T/A. Great Job. cant wait to see the truck 'finished'. (Finished: yeah right)

The lights in my truck have changed so much over the years (and theyre about to change again..), i wanna rip every single wire out, and re-wire the entire setup from scratch. I think i want to wire everything to Code4 distribution block, quick disconnects for each lighthead, room for expansion, etc.

would be nice if i had the time to do that

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Storm4200 said:
front bumper replacement!!!

If they made a bumper for the Cladded Av, I would... lol

acala91 said:
Holy grill lights batman!

Very... I thought about putting them all behind the grill like I have the 700s originally, but I said Eff It... Go big or go home... lol

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Marc M said:
Iron Bull makes them. Little pricey though.

strobecrazy said:
I think Frontier-Gear makes them also.

Technically, both companies make the bumpers for the WBH (Without Body Hardware) Avalanche... Although I have seen the Iron Bull ones used on Cladded Avs... BUt it looks "bad" to me having that gap between the bumper end and fender...

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Got a little more done on the truck today in the small amount of spare time I had... I got the lightbar mounted and the cables run into the truck and to the center console... It's not wired, but its on the truck now so I won't be tempted to modify it anymore... lol

ai64.photobucket.com_albums_h191_tritontim47_20130606_180336_zps15d2a977.jpg

ai64.photobucket.com_albums_h191_tritontim47_20130606_173716_zpsab401480.jpg

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
acala91 said:
Would that happen to be a Feniex Titan mounted under the lightbar? :undecided:

acala91 said:
That's awesome! Very clever spot to mount it.

Hell yeah it is!!! I have it wired up into the bar and to the Take-Downs... I made a custom harness in the beginning stages of this Liberty build because I planned on having 3 SXTDLED Take-Downs... Well that plan fell through and I only got the 1 set... When the flash, the flash against each other... Its ridiculous... lol

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
TritonBoulder47 said:
Hell yeah it is!!! I have it wired up into the bar and to the Take-Downs... I made a custom harness in the beginning stages of this Liberty build because I planned on having 3 SXTDLED Take-Downs... Well that plan fell through and I only got the 1 set... When the flash, the flash against each other... Its ridiculous... lol

the SXTDs flash against the titan?

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
TritonBoulder47 said:
Yes... The 2 channels of the TD harness I split into 3 channels... the SXTDLEDs are on one channel, and the Titan is on the other...
sounds crazy, lets see it!!

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
he has video... not sure why he is waiting to post it. I've seen it.

the SXTDLED look dim compared to the titan lol

to have them flashing against each other is retarded bright

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
Wow!!i would probably never use that white flashing. You'd never see any blue.

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
^Agreed. It is a cool setup but honestly I think you have achieved 'too bright' status. I would just use the Titan for illumination purposes and flash the SXTDLEDs in a wigwag pattern.

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Storm4200 said:
Wow!!i would probably never use that white flashing. You'd never see any blue.

Agreed... lol

acala91 said:
^Agreed. It is a cool setup but honestly I think you have achieved 'too bright' status. I would just use the Titan for illumination purposes and flash the SXTDLEDs in a wigwag pattern.

Storm4200 said:
I agree with ^^

I can't use flashing white while responding anyway... I wanted the Titan tied into the TD cause I wanted to use them all at the same time. The flashing aspect is really just a "sh*ts & giggles" kinda thing...

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
OK, finally found my good camera and took some new vids of my LiberTitan (as it has been dubbed by Alec, 7d9_z28)

These were all taken at around 0700 in the morning it direct rising sunlight (Sun is rising behind me filming)

Just Take-Downs:

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
:drooling: :drooling: :drooling: :drooling: :drooling: :drooling:

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
I did some "vantage point" type videos of the TDs on my Custom LiberTitan... I only used my TD for illumination in these videos...

Evening Video, taken at about 830 in the evening after the sun was mostly set...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.