Vintage Frankenstein-ed lights, beacons and light bars.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
looks like he took 2 rotators out, added 2 galls/sho me multi pattern dashlights, and some dj lights in it and on it.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Looks like one big pile of crap...

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
Come on guys, what if he saved it from a dumpster?... Now it spends it's life helping people get down on the dance floor!...

I give it two thumbs up...

Reactions: Pete L. and LRGJr72

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
It looks very 'Ghostbusters'!

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Isnt that beacon in another thread? The whacker one maybe? Its here somewhere

Reactions: kitn1mcc

Jul 14, 2014
North Central US
  Oh... I've seen worse... much worse. Somewhere in my archives sits a piece of history that at the time was a running joke at the shop. A wooden visibar, if you will, with three "beehives" screwed to it. The outer two were some industrial, military or marine kind of units designed for outdor applications with huge cast bases where the domes were secured by a giant screw-off threaded retaining ring and the center unit was an automotive-type factory-made unit of another color, all by itself. Because this "bar" was made of wood, all the ground wires and wires that fed the lights were wrapped around the outside. Not screwed, taped, or wire-tied. Wrapped and tied-off like shoelaces. The lights themselves did not have the flashers inside so the extra wiring for that was also wrapped around the outside which, if you can imagine, weren't different colors. ALL the wires were red so you didn't know what the hell any of that wiring was for or what hooked to what. Because my salesman at the time took this in on trade (yes, really) and because of the humorous nature of the whole deal, it was put in a place of recognition at the shop with the name of whichever tech screwed something up that month, attached. Kinda like a negative-reinforcement trophy. Sad part is it was probably someone's pride and joy and worked very well for their needs back in the day but what a hodge-podge conglomeration of crap! I know it's somewhere at the shop if I would dig...

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
... this keeps the vehicle in service

until a replacement strobe housing can be found.

:thumbsup:
Or until the vehicle is replaced.   :)

Reactions: Skippy

Pete L.

May 21, 2010
Virginia (south/central)
Call me crazy but I like it.    I'd lose the amber StreetHawk lower lenses and make it a Disco light  :celebrate:   :celebrate:   :celebrate:

(The box light)

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
This is now my new favorite thread! I love to see franken bars and franken builds.

Reactions: kitn1mcc

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
It is someones real crossbar system and it's for sale on Craigslist.
:crazy:   :crazy:   :crazy:   :crazy:

I guess the bright side is that whoever buys it will get an instant beacon collection.

lotsofbars

Jul 20, 2010
NYC, New York
. . . are those two disco-style strobe lights attached to that thing? Like the kind that you'd get at Wal Mart? Someone should link to that Craigslist ad. The center Whelen beacon is really nice, though. 

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
Tsquale is working on it!
Well I was...guy seems to have vanished. Won't return emails or messages. The beacon is a 993, label is still there in good condition and dome is pretty nice.

Instead I just bought 4 Yankee 244 beacon/speaker lights for the same price. :D . Albeit they need domes and don't have the speakers anymore. But still, pretty uncommon find.

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Oh, wow!  A 993!  I like 3-bulb beacons, but their popularity paled in comparison to their 2 and 4-bulb brothers.  At least you got a picture of it.

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caldwell205

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.