joeparv has multiple CVPI questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
The older ambos we run around here have R/C strobe 700s in the grill and for intersection warning and they are effective.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
FEVER said:
Correct.. actually.. I know which one they put on it.. Let me see if i can find a link for one. Give me a second.

Jamey@NNE said:
4.7ohm correct?

FEVER said:
I believe so... i have the link to the actual one feniex gets from a supplier but I think it is at home. I'll look tonight when i get home from K-9 training.

Jamey@NNE said:
Ya Ive been using them for years for the same thing and keep them and diodes at the shop.

I was wrong.... here is the link to the resistors that feniex uses resistor Resistors | Mouser

toolman247

Apr 29, 2011
USA NY
A lot of the CVPI's I have seen used simple lolly pop lights. For the longest time I used a setup like that using Grote model 5065s with a 50 watt bulb controlled with a Code 3 700 wigwag flasher. I did it because it was cheap (scrounged parts fom a junkyard), bright and easy to chang the colors with little expense.

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
Ok whats the best way of mounting two 600 series WHELEN super LEDS BEHIND the grill of a vic???

Shawn L

May 21, 2010
Corbett, Oregon
well as far as decent out put and easy install whelen made a grille bracket for their 500 series lights , it was a "Z" type bracket that attached to the factory grille mounting studs and hung down , no holes and installs in about 10 mins. when you use some TIR6 heads its a decent package . it wouldnt be the same output as a 600 or 700 head, but there would be zero fabrication involved.

CHIEFOPS

Jan 24, 2011
NYC
It's been a few years since I rummaged around behind the grill of a late model CVPI so I'm fuzzy on the lay of the land but you might want to try using a pair of Havis C-3061-7 'L-brackets' to mount each light head and hang them from the radiator frame.

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
I will PAY someone to make me OR find me mounts for those Whelen 600 series and ship them to me.

Im dealing with an install shop that is soooooo lazy and worthless they will not even try to FABRICATE any sort of bracket for the lights and will refuse to install them if no bracket or mount is available.

I need the mount to fit perfectly and be ready to go and be handed to the install shop.

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
Station 3 said:
I will PAY someone to make me OR find me mounts for those Whelen 600 series and ship them to me.

Im dealing with an install shop that is soooooo lazy and worthless they will not even try to FABRICATE any sort of bracket for the lights and will refuse to install them if no bracket or mount is available.

I need the mount to fit perfectly and be ready to go and be handed to the install shop.

If anyone finds/fabricates them, I'd love to hear from you too!

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
MEVS06 said:
I have never seen pedestal mounts for 600's

But that would be sweet... I have a pair of 600s that I'm gonna install in my Avalanche and the Pedestal Mounts would make it easier... lol

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Station 3 said:

if I had some on hand I would do it for you. Make one of your typical smuggling runs to florida and stop by

PJD642

May 20, 2010
east of Cleveland
Don't know what color you're looking for, but I've got two blue Tomar strobe RECT-37s and pedestal mounts for 'em if you insist on using strobes for the build...you can have 'em cheap.

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
PJD642 said:
Don't know what color you're looking for, but I've got two blue Tomar strobe RECT-37s and pedestal mounts for 'em if you insist on using strobes for the build...you can have 'em cheap.

Sadly, I'm looking for red. But thanks.

Dissension

Dec 20, 2011
United States, AR
I'm not sure how they'd look with the louvered grill or what would be necessary to mount them, but maybe a couple of Oscilasers? A pair of red ones is currently available in the marketplace here.

rohmers

May 24, 2010
MA
i might have some strobe 700s in the shop. they are dual strobe heads i think.

let me know if those are interesting

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
i like the idea of 2 ocilasers behind a honeycomb grill

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
Storm4200 said:
i like the idea of 2 ocilasers behind a honeycomb grill

If my CV had the honeycomb I would do the ocilasers in a heartbeat, but behind the louvered grille, IDK...

NFD-102

Aug 1, 2011
NW Connecticut
These are whelen M4's. Hands down you would be happy with these. And if they aren't big enough you can go with the Whelen M6's but you wont have any airflow to your engine.

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
foxtrot5 said:
While I appreciate it, I like the louvered grille because it doesn't look AS much like a patrol vehicle.

you're putting lights with colored lenses in a Police Interceptor, and youre worried about it looking like a patrol vehicle? :hopeless:

besides, the louvered grill makes it look OLD. period.

CHIEFOPS

Jan 24, 2011
NYC
Storm4200 said:
you're putting lights with colored lenses in a Police Interceptor, and youre worried about it looking like a patrol vehicle? :hopeless:

'

You've never heard of Ford's 'Street Appearance' option?

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
Storm4200 said:

Yeah yeah I know... maybe I will swap it out, but it's a 2011 Crown Vic LX not the PI model so I kinda prefer to keep it as covert as possible. Right now from the front you can't tell I've got lights on it until I turn em on. The rear is a different story, the 2x Firebeams on the rear deck kinda stand out... plus the magmount antenna on the trunk lid...

joeparv

Jun 15, 2012
US. New Jersey
Yea I was thinkin the linear 6's 500 series lightheads or either m2, m4, or m7's. got 4 xt4's in grill on my other car but just want 2 decent sized ones for this. Not huge but not a small ghost or ion. They are bright but just want bigger than that. Maybe even some xp63's work nice I've seen also. I'd say behind grill rather than in front. Some are better behind n others in front. Guess it depends what you prefer.

joeparv

Jun 15, 2012
US. New Jersey
When are they coming out with the new cannons? I guess its not gonna be a tri colored one by how you were saying before about them with a dual filament bulb application. I would love to change my front blinkers to these and also my taillights and or rear blinkers. Is the wiring much different from every other light? Givin that these have 2 or 3 different modes to how you would want them to work? As in maybe a switch for warning and just normal parking switch for normal operations???

joeparv

Jun 15, 2012
US. New Jersey
Found the strobe wire so far and hooked that up. The rest is still a mystery. Still having problems with headlight flasher and also horn doesn't work or pass highbeam. Guess they had horn wired for sirens

fleetcomm

Sep 2, 2011
south of nowhere
the third picture the large black cable is a motorola cable for astro spectra w-9 control head.

fleetcomm

Sep 2, 2011
south of nowhere
Motorola radio

astro spectra.jpg

Kd8bao

Mar 8, 2012
Independence, Ohio
joeparv said:
When are they coming out with the new cannons? I guess its not gonna be a tri colored one by how you were saying before about them with a dual filament bulb application. I would love to change my front blinkers to these and also my taillights and or rear blinkers. Is the wiring much different from every other light? Givin that these have 2 or 3 different modes to how you would want them to work? As in maybe a switch for warning and just normal parking switch for normal operations???

From our understanding they will add another wire that will be for the lower power application. That hook to running, set a steady or the triple steady for brakes or mode 1 and still have the mode 2 for the warning application. That is what I have gathered. Correct me if I am off.

joeparv

Jun 15, 2012
US. New Jersey
LED said:
Do you know what agency the car originally served with? That could probably exactly pinpoint the gear.

it was a marked car, there's a sticker on it that say's "carter fire safety inc bellmawr ,NJ. so im guessing it was bellmawr lol

Jul 24, 2012
Lawrenceburg, KY
joeparv said:
Top pic is a light n radio I believe. Middle is a bunch with clips maybe from the bar they had on it but there's a red one taped up that's barely visible. The bottom is I'm guessin for an arrowstick and also there's a few other wires there. Car has flasher and also strobes with power supply. There's a black button under the driver dash that doesn't do anything. Not yet anyways. Trying to find out whichnisn for the strobes n flasher so I can hook back up. Pain in the ass it is lol

The black button could be a switch that when the car is running, you press the button, and you can take the keys out of the ignition and lock it. I've seen a lot of vics that do that. Try it and see if that's what it's for, they're sometimes red but it'd be worth trying. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevieandrew

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.