The Fire Helmet Thread

GTRider245

Jun 12, 2010
Georgia
Not only is any firefighter who would want such an image on his helmet displayed to the public not someone who would make it on any department around here, but any chief who would allow that should be ashamed of himself. Terrible image for the respective department and the fire service in general. No wonder vollies have trouble being taken seriously sometimes.

Did your department logo involve the little guy urinating on the local PD's logo too?

ff_coddington

Oct 29, 2010
smithfield,pa
GTRider245 said:
Not only is any firefighter who would want such an image on his helmet displayed to the public not someone who would make it on any department around here, but any chief who would allow that should be ashamed of himself. Terrible image for the respective department and the fire service in general. No wonder vollies have trouble being taken seriously sometimes.

Did your department logo involve the little guy urinating on the local PD's logo too?

Let me guess your mister all american firefighter who knows everything? News flash jack off It's not about volly vs. paid we do the same jobs doesn't matter. As for my shield i know how the image is and looks i think my shield is the least of everyone's worries so. We say it's a brotherhood hahaha I earned my respect i think it's time for you to do the same. But i will tell you this your off to a late start especially saying junk about volly's!!!!

GTRider245

Jun 12, 2010
Georgia
ff_coddington said:
Let me guess your mister all american firefighter who knows everything? News flash jack off It's not about volly vs. paid we do the same jobs doesn't matter. As for my shield i know how the image is and looks i think my shield is the least of everyone's worries so. We say it's a brotherhood hahaha I earned my respect i think it's time for you to do the same. But i will tell you this your off to a late start especially saying junk about volly's!!!!

Sorry for the delayed reply. My head hurt for a few after reading that.

First off, I am a career firefighter as well as a volunteer officer. I am not bashing volunteers. People like you do a good enough job of that by the way you carry yourself, act and the things you say. Not to mention the images you display.

Do not bring brotherhood into this. I would venture to guess you don't have a slight clue as to the real meaning of the word.

I am not concerned with earning the respect of someone with a urinating cartoon character on their fire helmet. Speaks volumes about what kind of person you are in general.

ff_coddington

Oct 29, 2010
smithfield,pa
GTRider245 said:
Sorry for the delayed reply. My head hurt for a few after reading that.

First off, I am a career firefighter as well as a volunteer officer. I am not bashing volunteers. People like you do a good enough job of that by the way you carry yourself, act and the things you say. Not to mention the images you display.

Do not bring brotherhood into this. I would venture to guess you don't have a slight clue as to the real meaning of the word.

I am not concerned with earning the respect of someone with a urinating cartoon character on their fire helmet. Speaks volumes about what kind of person you are in general.

Well, i carry myself quite well and seems everyone in our dept. thinks so. Also i do know what the meaning of brotherhood is but thanks for letting me know what brother's we have.

TNFF412N

May 22, 2010
San Antonio, Texas
I think your shield is funny. Does it belong on an in service Fire helmet? NO. You might have the respect of your fellow firefighters, but understand the views your other board members are saying. If you walked into a room of firefighter form around the country and that was on your helmet not one of us would look at you with any respect, nor would i take what you say seriously. Now you show up at a bar after shift to show that off its funny, but not on an in Service helmet...

FireMedic129

Jul 19, 2011
Kentucky
I just won a free Bullard helmet of my choice at a local fire school dinner, It was one of the better door prizes that was given away!!! I choose the UST-M (Matte Finish) in red with ESS goggles and Bourkes. The helmet also comes with a leather front of my choosing. I will post some pictures when it arrives.

Now i will have to choose between my Cairns 1010 w/ ESS goggles and this helmet!!!

GTRider245

Jun 12, 2010
Georgia
FireMedic129 said:
I just won a free Bullard helmet of my choice at a local fire school dinner, It was one of the better door prizes that was given away!!! I choose the UST-M (Matte Finish) in red with ESS goggles and Bourkes. The helmet also comes with a leather front of my choosing. I will post some pictures when it arrives.
Now i will have to choose between my Cairns 1010 w/ ESS goggles and this helmet!!!

Congrats and props to you for not choosing the camo colored helmet. Dumbest thing ever.

42irons

Mar 8, 2011
CT
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352090837.141326.jpg

My helmet is on the right, bought it new in '05 beat the hell out of it and have since refirbed it. My Pops old leather 5A is on the left.

I have since changed my shield back to my old FDNY style shield with insert.

GTRider245

Jun 12, 2010
Georgia
ast123 said:
You yanks just wouldn't understand :duh:

I'm from Georgia and find the camo helmets to be the dumbest thing ever. Stupid marketing ploy by Bullard to try and appeal to a market that really doesn't need representation. I guess when you don't sell as many helmets as everyone else you will do anything to boost numbers.

Is "camo" in your department's SOP for helmet color rank representation? If so I would like to see the rest of your policies.

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
GTRider245 said:
I'm from Georgia and find the camo helmets to be the dumbest thing ever. Stupid marketing ploy by Bullard to try and appeal to a market that really doesn't need representation. I guess when you don't sell as many helmets as everyone else you will do anything to boost numbers.

Is "camo" in your department's SOP for helmet color rank representation? If so I would like to see the rest of your policies.

Boy I'll have to say for somebody who has been in for a total of 6 years.

You sure love to fire off on people with alot more experience than you.

And why is it when you don't like something you fire of with the SOP's?/SOG's?

They are there I know for you to know your department polices.

But there are time's that they can go fly in the heat of the moment and the situation at the time need to think on the go.

As for the helmet with the penis on it BFD.

It was toward the end of his time in service.

You need to know that this job needs a little levety or we'd all go nuts.

And I'll probaby get busted for this post

ast123

Oct 27, 2012
South Georgia
GTRider245 said:

No camo isn't in my department SOPs. That's why I said that I would love to fight fire in camo. Not that I do fight fire in camo. I made a generalization sayin yanks wouldn't understand, but I need to broaden that. You don't understand, camo is a way of life to some people. Lighten up, it's a daggum forum post. You are what we call in my department an a$$hole.

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
ast123 said:
No camo isn't in my department SOPs. That's why I said that I would love to fight fire in camo. Not that I do fight fire in camo. I made a generalization sayin yanks wouldn't understand, but I need to broaden that. You don't understand, camo is a way of life to some people. Lighten up, it's a daggum forum post. You are what we call in my department an a$$hole.

I can see it now.

Where are the firefighters fighting the brush fire?

Oh they've blended in.

Just look for the water. :dielaugh:

NYBLS

Oct 13, 2010
NY,USA
ast123 said:

It may be a way of life to some people, whatever that means, but when you put on a fire helmet you represent all firefighters across the country, including myself. Certain members of the public and politicians look at us like we are complete idiots already, why continued to show them they are right by wearing such an unprofessional helmet? Don't give me this "experience" crap certain people love to pull, it doesn't take 10 years on a job to assist you in identifying something that looks incredibly stupid and unprofessional. Camo may be your way of life, but wear it UNDER your fire gear.

GTRider245

Jun 12, 2010
Georgia
NYBLS said:
It may be a way of life to some people, whatever that means, but when you put on a fire helmet you represent all firefighters across the country, including myself. Certain members of the public and politicians look at us like we are complete idiots already, why continued to show them they are right by wearing such an unprofessional helmet? Don't give me this "experience" crap certain people love to pull, it doesn't take 10 years on a job to assist you in identifying something that looks incredibly stupid and unprofessional. Camo may be your way of life, but wear it UNDER your fire gear.

Exactly. And camo is not "a way of life". If you wear camo every day you are just trying to tell the world you are redneck. If more than 10 of your home furnishings are made of camo, same thing. And yes, you guessed it, if you fire helmet is Realtree AP, same thing.

I like to hunt as much as the next guy. I have a closet full of camo. I wear it when I go to the woods, the duck blind or when it is stupid cold outside (best jacket I have is my Drake wader jacket). You will never find me wearing it in the formal or professional setting though. And whether you are paid to do it or not, that is the setting you are in when you respond to a fire.

GTRider245

Jun 12, 2010
Georgia
chief1565 said:
Boy I'll have to say for somebody who has been in for a total of 6 years.
You sure love to fire off on people with alot more experience than you.

And why is it when you don't like something you fire of with the SOP's?/SOG's?

They are there I know for you to know your department polices.

But there are time's that they can go fly in the heat of the moment and the situation at the time need to think on the go.

As for the helmet with the penis on it BFD.

It was toward the end of his time in service.

You need to know that this job needs a little levety or we'd all go nuts.

And I'll probaby get busted for this post

Feel free to skip on over to the CO thread and share your expirience and expertise, chief.

ChevyMano

Aug 28, 2012
Groton, CT
ryan81986 said:
Might as well get a pair of rubber testicles to hang from the D-ring while you're at it.

You mean everyone doesn't have set of rubber testicles hanging from your gear :confused: ?? Uh oh :eek: . Time to make a trip over to the firehouse....

And for those who didn't catch it initially or might be like Sheldon from Big Bang Theory, it was indeed sarcasm... :bonk: :bonk:

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
GTRider245 said:
Feel free to skip on over to the CO thread and share your experience and expertise, chief.

Why should I?

I've got over 15 years in.

And a lot of the situations we were in we had to come up with different ways of doing things at that very minute.

You sound alot like a by the book kind of person.

You'll find out as you get older and have a few more years of experience under your belt.

That notsituationuiation can be done by or from the book or by SOP's/SOG's

So get your head out of the book and start learning life is not a book that is played out.

And when things are done outside the book then they should discussed at the annual meeting and if need be added to the SOP.

We've done this plenty of times.

That is how you learn from doing not out of a book.

Sorry to highjack thread.

Now back on topic.

GTRider245

Jun 12, 2010
Georgia
chief1565 said:
Why should I?
I've got over 15 years in.

And a lot of the situations we were in we had to come up with different ways of doing things at that very minute.

You sound alot like a by the book kind of person.

You'll find out as you get older and have a few more years of experience under your belt.

That notsituationuiation can be done by or from the book or by SOP's/SOG's

So get your head out of the book and start learning life is not a book that is played out.

And when things are done outside the book then they should discussed at the annual meeting and if need be added to the SOP.

We've done this plenty of times.

That is how you learn from doing not out of a book.

Sorry to highjack thread.

Now back on topic.

Are you kidding me? Did you even read the other thread? I was raked over the coals for wanting to do what everyone deemed NOT by the book.

You made up the word notsituationuiation. So have I no idea what it means. If you are trying to say I have no "street sense" and just want to go by the book, you may want to go read the other thread. By you refusing to go offer information in the thread where I backed up what I had to say, you are showing that all of your "experience" means nothing in this particular situation. You, like most, just like to harp on that fact and use it as an excuse to get around the actual question at hand.

I bet a fire scene is fun with you guys, making things up as you go along and all.

And please, stop with the grocery list posts. Paragraphs are your friend. Not being a smart @ss with that comment either.

ff_coddington

Oct 29, 2010
smithfield,pa
What i would like to know is when did the fire service address a dress code for your PPE? I think alot of ya'll need to pull your head out the rectum and open your eyes. I'm sure if you look at NFPA standard 1500 you will see that it does not show anywhere in there about "Thou, O'l might Firefighter shall not wear anything to offend my brother, even though it meets NFPA standards" amd yes i'm using sarcasm.

May 24, 2010
PG County, MD
GTRider245 said:
Exactly. And camo is not "a way of life". If you wear camo every day you are just trying to tell the world you are redneck. If more than 10 of your home furnishings are made of camo, same thing. And yes, you guessed it, if you fire helmet is Realtree AP, same thing.

I like to hunt as much as the next guy. I have a closet full of camo. I wear it when I go to the woods, the duck blind or when it is stupid cold outside (best jacket I have is my Drake wader jacket). You will never find me wearing it in the formal or professional setting though. And whether you are paid to do it or not, that is the setting you are in when you respond to a fire.

Apparently you have never served in the military, I and 1,000,000 active duty military and probably well over 10,000,000 former/retired military members would dis-agree with you on the redneck part. You Sir, owe every military member on this board an apology for that generalization.

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
SlickTop Solutions said:
Apparently you have never served in the military, I and 1,000,000 active duty military and probably well over 10,000,000 former/retired military members would dis-agree with you on the redneck part. You Sir, owe every military member on this board an apology for that generalization.

+1

now, wheres my popcorn :popcorn:

Bigassfireman

May 23, 2010
U. S. of A. Ohio
All I know is you guys have done a good job of going off topic f*%king up a good thread. Why don't you just take it to the ring and get back to showing off head gear here.

GTRider245

Jun 12, 2010
Georgia
SlickTop Solutions said:

Give me a break. The helmet pictured was not patterned in militiary camo. No one would have thought I was insulting military personnel. You were looking for something to get ticked off about.

However, in due respect to any military personnel who may have been offended, I do appologize.

jprleedy4680

Jan 27, 2011
N. Michigan
I miss our regularly scheduled programming...

I think the cartoon shield is HIGHLY inappropriate for duty use, but isn't the thread about unique helmets and accessories? Same goes for the camo; I sure wouldn't use it for duty, (and I would give the wearer a good-natured razzing) but if it's permitted by the agency, who cares?

The turmoil is killing me!

Last edited by a moderator:

GPC

Oct 17, 2010
North Carolina
She has got a helmet so my post is legitimate.

HotFire.jpg

Retired1

Jun 1, 2010
Woodward County, OK
GTRider245 said:

My Chihuahua read your comment. He is not pleased with your comment. He would like to tell you so, but he has a bit of a problem using the small keys on this keyboard so I will translate for him:

He said: "He called me a WHAT? I'll show him a "redneck". I'll rip his throat out. I am not a redneck, I am a native born Texas defender dog".

[Broken External Image]:http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/...o with Cammando HP3 fire helmet/DSCF02622.jpg

Keeping it on topic, you might notice his Commando HP3 fire helmet in the foreground and his Taser X26, and Glock 22, in .40 S&W, in the background.

He also likes the lady in the yellow helmet that GPC posted above!

Last edited by a moderator:

ryan81986

Apr 13, 2011
Boston, MA
SlickTop Solutions said:

Oh shut up, he wasn't referring to the military and you know it.

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
Holy poo, are we still crying about this? Can you folks put on your big-boy pants for two minutes and put the thread back on topic and leave it there? Ive posted mine before, but to bring back on topic, Ill post it again. Skull tets and streamlight vantage

ai272.photobucket.com_albums_jj197_a_phoenix_rising_2008_2012_04_27203557.jpg

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
Phoenix_Rising said:
Holy poo, are we still crying about this? Can you folks put on your big-boy pants for two minutes and put the thread back on topic and leave it there? Ive posted mine before, but to bring back on topic, Ill post it again. Skull tets and streamlight vantage

ai272.photobucket.com_albums_jj197_a_phoenix_rising_2008_2012_04_27203557.jpg

Nice helmet Phoenix(noticed I got it right).

We're not allowed to have the shield on the helmet.

The chief that took over 3.5 yrs ago tried to get away with it and was told it was not company issue.(should have asked before buying it) Oh well he's gone now anyway.

ast123

Oct 27, 2012
South Georgia
chief1565 said:
Nice helmet Phoenix(noticed I got it right).

We're not allowed to have the shield on the helmet.

The chief that took over 3.5 yrs ago tried to get away with it and was told it was not company issue.(should have asked before buying it) Oh well he's gone now anyway.

You're not allowed to have a shield?

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
I'm not sure what you call the part on the front with the name and numbers.

We can't have them so I don't know what to call it.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
exploder97

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.