2004 Ford Explorer. Update w/videos 3/08/14

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
I have a 2004 Ford Explorer. In am on a paid on call FD in WI. A friend took a night time video tonight. Personally I am not a fan of night time videos. Anything can look effective at night. Tomorrow we are going to take a day time video. Everything is red unless indicated

Front:

911ep TDWL 36 on the roof rack

Tomar Rect 37's on brushguard

Whelen Mirrorbeams

Headlight flasher

Side:

911ep LS 12's in the side rear window

2 Federal Signal Impaxx 6 on the running boards. I can turn the white/takedowns on without having to have the reds on

Rear:

911ep TDWL 24 in the upper rear window

Red SOS leds in the brake lights

Clear SOS leds in the reverse lights

Federal Signal Impaxx on the rear plate.

The grille lights, mirrorbeams, and the Impaxx are synced with a Whelen flasher. I am also running a Smart Siren with two speakers. I am debating adding clear Impaxx to the sides of the brushguard.

I added a pic (I hope it works) before the brushguard was added

new wheels 002.jpg

new wheels 001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
Mods to the truck? Spacer lift. Different grille. Black headlights and corners. Pioneer stereo and Focal speakers. I will go out and see if I can get a pic of the brushguard.

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
Nice SUV... Love those blackrims, even if I'm not a fan of the spacers..

That's a lot of gear on your truck for a POV, but I must admit it's very well thought out... The LED stick on roof rack is always a neat idea...

rohmers

May 24, 2010
MA
how do you guys with roof racks actually attach the bars?

i am thinking the same thing for my 05 Explorer

thanks

Chris

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
Thanks for the compliments guys. I was thinking of adding a spotlight on the driver's side. Too much? I guess I am like some people on here and just get bored.

The lightbar is bolted through the rails of the roof rack. Then the wire goes in the front of the rack then into the truck. I will take a pic for you. Most people do not even notice it up there.

Here is a pic of the Impaxx on the running boards. They are enough to light up my front yard.

photo.jpg

smokechaser75

Jun 14, 2010
NEPA
I like it !!! Wish mine looked that good but I'm sure someone would complain when I cuff 'em then tell them they will have to climb into the cage in the back... would have to carry a step stool

rohmers

May 24, 2010
MA
i know that you can lift the front of the rail off the roof and find some room to fish a cable down. i have done that with some of the roof mounted magnet bars.

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
I had a friend post the videos for me. The flash patterns look different on the video.

I was thinking of adding some clear? Maybe 2 in the center of the front lightbar? Maybe make the LS12's in the side windows red/clear. If I dont change the LS12's I was thinking of adding some clear leds to the sides of the brushguard. Thoughts?

Dec 4, 2011
US NC
Eric1249 said:
I had a friend post the videos for me. The flash patterns look different on the video.

I was thinking of adding some clear? Maybe 2 in the center of the front lightbar? Maybe make the LS12's in the side windows red/clear. If I dont change the LS12's I was thinking of adding some clear leds to the sides of the brushguard. Thoughts?

I think changing just two modules in the lightbar would result in the white getting lost or washed out in all the red. What about changing the grill or mirror lights to white? Is that a plausible idea?

Marc M

May 21, 2010
Georgia
Eric1249 said:

I think clear on the side of the brush guard is a good idea.

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
I just watched the video again. The flash patterns do not show up properly. The mirrorbeams, grille lights, and the lights on the running boards are all synced up with an external flasher. They are on the typical comet flash. The leds in the taillights four or five times each. Even the 911 sticks don't look right in the video. And it is brighter in person. Is it a matter of a different camera to get everything to show up properly?

I might hold off putting the white in the bar. I think I will add some white to the sides of the brushguard. Like most of the guys on here I get bored and change things up a bit

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
I think the Impaxx6's on the running boards would be more effective if you flashed them in the dual color mode. White is very attention getting.

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
That thing is beautiful. Very nice work.

REDDPSE

May 21, 2010
Central Ohio
Eric did you remove the rails to place on the TD36? I have thought about doing the same with an SNM TD...

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
If you go back though the pics you will see a close up of how it's mounted. I bolted it up through the rack. Hold up fine so far. The lights on the truck are being changed. There will be two maybe three Nforce on the running boards. There is now a single Nforce in the side rear window. Strobes and More E6 mini on the sides of the brushguard. I took the rear stick out. There will be two red/clear Nforce on the rear plate. They will flash red for calls. There clears will come on when in reverse and/or on a switch.

REDDPSE

May 21, 2010
Central Ohio
eric, what siren and where do you have it installed?

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
I have a Smart Siren. I have the control head mountedbelow the heat/ac controls. Since those pics were taken most of the lights have been changed excet for the grill lights and the SOS leds in the taillights. I still need to mount the SNM stick on the roof

Mr911

Jun 2, 2010
Northeastern Pennsylvania
I think it's time you updated us with new pics...including the controls in the interior. Big fan of how this looks!!! what lift did you use? I would like to look into it for mine...Thanks!

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
Almost forgot. I have a Smart Siren. The control head is is on the center console just below the heat controls. The box is on the back compartment where the jack goes. I also have a couple led flashers in there.

Hopefully tomorrow I will get the SNM E66 mounted to the roof rack. Supposed to be in the 60's here in WI.

New stuff:

E66 on the roof

SNM E66 mini on the sides of the brushguard

2 red 9 led Nforce on the running boards

1 9 led Nforce in the side window

2 red/clear Nforce on the rear plate. The clear comes on in reverse and/or a switch.

My mirrorbeams, grill lights, E66, Nforce on running boards and in side window are all synced with a SOS led flasher. The 4 SOS leds are synced off the SOS flasher, just to a different pattern. The Nforce on the rear plate are on a Whelen LED flasher.

There are a lot of lights but they don't stand out much other then the Tomars on the grille.

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
Here is a pic of the control head that was requested. It was 60 here in WI today so I now have the SNM E66 mounted on the roof. I think I might be done. (for now lol)

control head.jpg

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
I took that video with my phone. The pattern of the leds do not show up properly. I am also not a fan of night videos. I took that when I was finished putting the SNM bar on. Now to figure the rest out

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.