So here is what I have now.

Front:

Feniex Pegasus

Power Arcs on brush guard

Whelen PAR's in driving lights

Whelen Mirror Beams

Side:

Whelen ION on brush guard

Feniex Cobra 400 in side window. red/red but might change to red/white.

Pegasus, PAR's, Mirror Beams, and the Cobra 400's are synced with a Whelen ULF44.

Rear:

Cobra 600

Red Cannons in brake light housing (I put 2006 tail lights on a 2004)

Amber Cannons in reverse light housing

White Cannons for reverse lights.

I can easily switch between the amber or white in reverse lights. everything in the rear is synced with a ULF44.

Right now I have a Touchmaster Delta but Tuesday I will be getting a Feniex 4200. I will be getting a Storm and a Unitrol 80k. Not sure if I will keep the console in yet?

Looks really good man, love all the sync. I gotta comment on the siren choice though, you should definitely run dual 80k's; the wail and yelp together is awesome. Another sweet setup would be a Whelen AlphaSL set to the powercall tone with the 80k :yes:

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Looks great, Eric! However, can you please not let your A.D.D. take over anymore and make you change your set up every three weeks LOL, because this one is solid!

As for the siren, you should go Hatzolah style…4 speakers and Grover airhorns on your POV ;-). Personally, I would leave the siren that you have as is, because you ready have an awesome sync pattern and all programmed functions work fine, so I don't think you need the Feniex controller… I'm also not a huge fan of their sirens tones yet

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
Everything looks GREAT! One question, why no sync for the intersection ION?

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
pdk9 said:
Looks great, Eric! However, can you please not let your A.D.D. take over anymore and make you change your set up every three weeks LOL, because this one is solid!

As for the siren, you should go Hatzolah style…4 speakers and Grover airhorns on your POV ;-). Personally, I would leave the siren that you have as is, because you ready have an awesome sync pattern and all programmed functions work fine, so I don't think you need the Feniex controller… I'm also not a huge fan of their sirens tones yet

I am not a huge fan of the Feniex siren but I figured I would give it a chance, and there would have a mechanical. I have 80k coming for the wail and yelp. I joked with the GF (well sort of) that I am going to get a couple of white heads for the 400's in the side windows for when I get bored lol. ADD, hmmm

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
Storm4200 said:
Everything looks GREAT! One question, why no sync for the intersection ION?

I thought that the pattern the ION is more attention getting? So if I sync it maybe I should add a couple T6's on the running boards? lol

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
Eric1249 said:
I am not a huge fan of the Feniex siren but I figured I would give it a chance, and there would have a mechanical. I have 80k coming for the wail and yelp. I joked with the GF (well sort of) that I am going to get a couple of white heads for the 400's in the side windows for when I get bored lol. ADD, hmmm

The wail and yelp on the Feniex siren isn't too bad, reminds me of a Code3 Mastercom, the mechanical on the other hand sounds like a dying cow even more so than the Whelen lol. The AlphaSL is cheap and has a way bigger tone selection than the Storm.

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
acala91 said:
The wail and yelp on the Feniex siren isn't too bad, reminds me of a Code3 Mastercom, the mechanical on the other hand sounds like a dying cow even more so than the Whelen lol. The AlphaSL is cheap and has a way bigger tone selection than the Storm.

Maybe I will have to start changing sirens like I do my lights. lol. Never had a Whelen siren

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
Eric1249 said:
Maybe I will have to start changing sirens like I do my lights. lol. Never had a Whelen siren

This video is a good example of the Whelen tones. The Alpha SL is a good siren but I still don't think it would be as good as two 80k's. Every person I've ever talked to said that they were the best at clearing traffic.

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
acala91 said:
This video is a good example of the Whelen tones. The Alpha SL is a good siren but I still don't think it would be as good as two 80k's. Every person I've ever talked to said that they were the best at clearing traffic. ]

My Touchmaster Delta clears traffic well. The 80k seems to have similar tones/pitch. I am not sure I like the dual tones? I am not a fan when it is a mix of wail and yelp. With one exception, a Q with a Power Call. Maybe people just become desensitized to sirens/sounds that they are used to?

I'mabeast

Apr 5, 2011
Massillon, Ohio
What do you really think about the PowerArcs? Are they Good or Ok or Should have I gotten something else, cause I'm looking at them along with feniex lighting. Any feedback on them would be great. Thanks.

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
I said:
What do you really think about the PowerArcs? Are they Good or Ok or Should have I gotten something else' date=' cause I'm looking at them along with feniex lighting. Any feedback on them would be great. Thanks.[/quote']

Well I responded from the GF's this morning. There was a fair amount of traffic. I had no issues with traffic. I could see the Power Arcs going back and forth. I have had people tell me the Power Arcs are what they notice most. At one time I had one Power Arc in my dash and just my flashing headlights and the PAR's. I wanted to see how effective it was. I had a chance to run it going down the bypass around town. It worked great. They are not cheap and some will say they look weird, but I think they are great. And I have contacted their customer service and they were great.

I'mabeast

Apr 5, 2011
Massillon, Ohio
Eric1249 said:
Well I responded from the GF's this morning. There was a fair amount of traffic. I had no issues with traffic. I could see the Power Arcs going back and forth. I have had people tell me the Power Arcs are what they notice most. At one time I had one Power Arc in my dash and just my flashing headlights and the PAR's. I wanted to see how effective it was. I had a chance to run it going down the bypass around town. It worked great. They are not cheap and some will say they look weird, but I think they are great. And I have contacted their customer service and they were great.

Cool thanks, my only problem is I don't know what type of vehicle I'm getting. So I've been looking at tons of lights, and so far I'm hooked with feniex but saw the powerarcs and thought I'd ask.

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
I said:
Cool thanks' date=' my only problem is I don't know what type of vehicle I'm getting. So I've been looking at tons of lights, and so far I'm hooked with feniex but saw the powerarcs and thought I'd ask.[/quote']

With the exception of a couple Whelen lights everything on my truck is Feniex and the Power Arcs. Can't go wrong with either.

I'mabeast

Apr 5, 2011
Massillon, Ohio
Eric1249 said:
With the exception of a couple Whelen lights everything on my truck is Feniex and the Power Arcs. Can't go wrong with either.

Do the PowerArc's draw a lot of power? you like how rotator lights does or is it really good about not drawing a lot of power?

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
Do the PowerArc's draw a lot of power? you like how rotator lights does or is it really good about not drawing a lot of power?

I am not sure how much power they draw. Shouldn't be a problem since my truck is always running when my lights are on. All my other lights just flash and I think the movement of the Power Arcs does stand out

Had some mechanical problems with my truck this week. Already found another 04 Explorer Limited with almost half the miles mine has. And it's black. Thinking of possibly getting it?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.