New Company: Feniex

asweezy

May 20, 2010
Wellsville, NY
Well I am going to take the risk and jump in as a distributor. I talked to them on the phone for about a half hour today and felt very reassured after. They stated as on the website that there is no direct affiliation with other companies however 3 of the board members were previously at other companies (mentioned STL, SOS and EP?). After I get an order together and in I will be sure to shoot some video and give a good review. Has anyone else dealt with this first hand yet?

Ben E.

May 21, 2010
Iowa, USA

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I'm not saying these won't be plenty bright and work just as well as other companies.... I'm just wondering do these do that other companies that I am already comfortable with don't do.

Most siren speakers look similar... most LEDs do too. I'm not saying this company is no good... I just don't see anything at first glance that makes me want to write home...

cory y

May 21, 2010
Well these have the ability to have any function in any spot. Like having takedowns in the light stick, or having an arrow with stt and takedowns in the same bar

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
EmerVehSolutions said:
Decided to give them a shot and signed up as a dealer not too sure what I should make my first order to evaluate, and suggestions??

I'm not writing them off completely.... and having a seller/dealer I trust will help for sure. I'll be intrerested to see prices.

IMG00198.jpg

IMG00199.jpg

theroofable

May 23, 2010
New Jersey
I was looking at their interior lightbar, seems to be alittle more expensive than others out there when fully loaded, but when looking at their options I noticed this which I thought was funny.

+I'll assembly it

+Assembly it for me $25

Well it made me laugh anyway. As far as brightness or quality or anything like that, just keep in mind that not everyone can afford (or wants) the brightest or best lights out there. I prefer name brand, but I have had a few friends that have used extreme tactical dynamics for one, and their products are decent enough to be used by volunteers who only need one simple and cheap light to run to the station with. So far no problems, and their lights are decently bright, and they have had good results with their responses. With that said, I would not reccommend those "type" of lights to companies or persons who would use their lights frequently, just due to the quality of their construction (example cheaper switches, housings, etc.) This new company (Feniex) seems to be inbetween the companies refered to as crap and amazing. Their speakers look the same as the name brand ones, but the stobe kits resemble other "knockoff" brands. The names they give their products seem to match or mimic the ones on STL.

Just my opinion, feel free to yell at me.

John_Eguar

Aug 16, 2010
I did it. Took all day to make my final choice. Soo many options, i nearly went crazy trying to build my bar. I guess this can be a good thing and a bad thing at the same time.

I took a screen shot to show you all, I got to say the price was not to bad

My Setup:

4 Take-downs (one on each side and 2 center ones), I think that will really light up road for me.

1 red and 1 blue, and 2 blanks (i am going to save up some cash for later to add to it, Plus i don't know what options i want to make the banks just yet) Its going on my push bumper.)

Also, am going to save the $20 and assemble it my self. I am still not 100% set on the configuration i want the take downs to be.

MyLight.JPG

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
asweezy said:
Wow..... Not sure how to take that one .

Not sure what's confusing about that comment......

EVS is a trusted dealer on the board who stands behind his products... so if he (or someone else here) stocks them I am more likely to give them a try at some point.

My issues with them is that they aren't offering anything different or exciting enough to get me to buy from an new company. But if they are stocked by someone I trust and are in line with prices of other major companies, I may try them at some point.

ISU_Cyclone

May 21, 2010
SE Wisconsin, USA
JohnMarcson said:
Not sure what's confusing about that comment......

EVS is a trusted dealer on the board who stands behind his products... so if he (or someone else here) stocks them I am more likely to give them a try at some point.

My issues with them is that they aren't offering anything different or exciting enough to get me to buy from an new company. But if they are stocked by someone I trust and are in line with prices of other major companies, I may try them at some point.

asweezy also said he was becoming a dealer, and I think he mistakenly assumed you were indirectly calling him a non-trusted dealer on this site.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
ISU_Cyclone said:
asweezy also said he was becoming a dealer, and I think he mistakenly assumed you were indirectly calling him a non-trusted dealer on this site.

I'd be more comfortable buying them from ANY board member vs direct from an unknown company. I have had personal dealings with EVS and trust them. I'd be perfectly happy buying them from asweezy too... really being able to put ANY board member dealer between me and the unknown company would make me much more likely to buy if the price is right. Not slight against anyone here.....

mjMIff

Jun 2, 2010
Mid-Michigan
They stated as on the website that there is no direct affiliation with other companies however 3 of the board members were previously at other companies....

Seriously, board members? Give me a break..

BTW, the connection is that thee whom incorporated this company is related by last name to thee whom incorporated STL, same website back end, same hosting company, same state few miles in between... pretty simple... Call this the Cadillac of STL if you wish, I really do wish the members here luck with their purchases, however the lack of integrity this company displayed early on left a sour taste in my mouth... flashy lights or not..

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
JohnMarcson said:
Are are you trolling or do you seriously like this stuff?

Not really. Whelen provides products that work that they stand behind. Even though I prefer whelen stuff I have often said I'll use any major brand that fits and costs the right amount. Feniex stuff looks like every other company w/o the benifit of being established. I haven't actually touched this stuff yet, so I'll with hold final judgement... but what about their stuff looks any better than Federal, Whelen or any other company? Instead of comparing the stuff to whelen, which you obviously have something against, compare it to the industry in general. What specific features about this stuff makes you willing to "shell out the cash for one of "there" new products before [any other company]"? Can you expand on what specific things about this stuff make it look that much better than the products that are out there currently from FedSig, Code3, Whelen, soundoff?

I understand where you are coming from but you need to understand everyone starts out somewhere. If whelen were never created and just started last week would you be bashing them also our give them a chance think about it. Everyone automatically hates on these new companys because they are not better they the all mighty WHELEN put yourself in there position they got big shoes to fill and its not easy you all just need to mellow out and try it out before you start throwing the hate around. :roll:

Just my .2

Terry L

May 21, 2010
East Texas
Not really defending this company, just from my observations. I posted a two or three photos of the demo Explorer from the EMS conference in Dallas earlier in this thread. Although we were inside (but with bright interior lights), the lights were flat out blinding and almost disorienting to look at. Granted the Explorer had a sh*t load of lights, they were definitely bright and appeared to have multiple, decent flash patterns. The HAW lights were pretty stunning as well. Now I wish I would have taken a video!

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
mjMIff said:
Seriously, board members? Give me a break..

BTW, the connection is that thee whom incorporated this company is related by last name to thee whom incorporated STL, same website back end, same hosting company, same state few miles in between... pretty simple...

Dicks Sporting Goods, Gander Mtn, Sports Authority all have their websites operated by GSI Commerce, that doesn't mean they are all owned by the same people! :roll:

mjMIff

Jun 2, 2010
Mid-Michigan
Fast LT1 said:
Dicks Sporting Goods, Gander Mtn, Sports Authority all have their websites operated by GSI Commerce, that doesn't mean they are all owned by the same people! :roll:

That's really strange, on my screen I also posted they are incorporated by the same last name which many sites reference the two people as brothers. I guess on your screen, the only part of my post visible to you is that the site uses the same back end? Might want to have someone else make sure my post reads fully, I would hate to be censored..

For what it is worth...

We are not associated with any other companies in our industry. Not at all with SpeedTech Lights or with SoundOff Signal, which was suggested on another site. Nor with Fenix, who I assume, based on their web site, is a flashlight company.

Speedtechlights.com was incorporated by -

AHMED DEYAF

4009 CHAINHURST DR

RICHARDSON, TX 75082

Feniex Industries -

HAMZA DEYAF

2002 A GUADALUPE #155

AUSTIN, TX 78705

It could just be a coincidence given the same last name, state and same business, I guess that is possible.

Again, this isn't directed at anyone purchasing equipment so no real need to defend your selves, I do wish you good luck with it.. It's just what I found, online, public records.. Nothing that needs to be disputed or questioned, unless you work for them I guess or are an instant fan boy... Nothing libel...

People can see the products, look at the previous board and decide if this company is right for them, simple as that...

cory y

May 21, 2010
My shop just placed an inital order to test and eval to see if they are gonna be worth becoming a distributor

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
cory y said:
My shop just placed an inital order to test and eval to see if they are gonna be worth becoming a distributor

PLEASE post some pics and vids up! I'm dying to know if these are any good!

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAASSSEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 24, 2010
East Longmeadow, MA
Just placed an order for 6 of the Hide Away LEDs in all of the available colors and 2 T4 surface mounts in Blue to see what their "blue" color is like. If any one has any suggestions as to anything else I should try out please let me know asap as I will finalize my order by 5:00pm EST

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
EmerVehSolutions said:
Just placed an order for 6 of the Hide Away LEDs in all of the available colors and 2 T4 surface mounts in Blue to see what their "blue" color is like. If any one has any suggestions as to anything else I should try out please let me know asap as I will finalize my order by 5:00pm EST

Sirens! I wonder if they have sho-me style siren tones or normal whelen or FS type!

May 24, 2010
East Longmeadow, MA
beacon, hideaways, siren, and some t-4s have been ordered and will be here friday. I'll test and disassemble them and spill their "guts" for everyone to see here on the board and i'll make sure my camera is charged and ready to go

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
EmerVehSolutions said:
beacon, hideaways, siren, and some t-4s have been ordered and will be here friday. I'll test and disassemble them and spill their "guts" for everyone to see here on the board and i'll make sure my camera is charged and ready to go

THANK YOU! We're not worthy, we're not worthy!

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
Well i thought about it, and well there aren't any distributors for any company around my area so i think i'll jump on the bandwagon and order some of their products and become a distributor!

cory y

May 21, 2010
patience is a virtue.

but heres what I got..

4 of the Fairy LED HAW

2 of the 4diode heads

1 of the amber beacon

inital reactions:

nicely packed

the lightheads are all blunt cut wires. the 4 diode heads have very short wire leads... around 2 inches... needs to be much longer

the fairys are sent with surface mount flanges in black and chrome, the heads are seperate from the driver with blunt cut wires, no connectors.

I wired one of the HAW's up and am letting it run...

its been running for about an hour and its a little warm.

it is comaparable to a vertex

Pictures are on my cell phone so im gonna have to upload them

cory y

May 21, 2010
they are very bright

they are between the Vertexes and the Hide-a-Blasts in Brightness.

no plug in connectors anywhere to be found though... .:-/

i like the fact it comes with black and chrome flanges.

They have been running for about 2 hrs and the heat sink on the back of the head is hot. Not warm but HOT

im about to power up the TIR4s here in a minute

The tir4 is plenty bright comparable to everything else out there... the wires are way to short and that's no good.

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
As predicted, they look kinda like other major and minor brands optics and design wise....

May 21, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
I have to say, I'm a little disappointed. For all of the little corners that they cut you think their product would be a little cheaper. I will reserve judgment completely till I can get my hands on some though.

TraFx

Jun 10, 2010
South Carolina
Thanks for the reviews Cory...

We have an 6 Head and 8 Head Python bar on the way and it should be in Friday. We will also put it through the paces and post pics along the way. Still contemplating on whether to order a Pegasus for the Charger to test out...

Even with the initial looks that we are all seeing, I still have a pretty confident feeling that this line will have something to offer. May stay away from the strobe kits though...with no AMP connectors or standard wiring setup. Let us know how that goes once you test it out.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkelly

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.