Official "Whacker" or "Screwed Up Install" Thread

Is this the worst spotlight install you have ever seen?

• Yes

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • No

Votes: 37 78.7%

• Total voters

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v689_military_dude69_0605111430.jpg

saw this "antennae farm" sunday. followed the guy to the town food lion. He had his wife and i guess mom in that car with him he looked to be late 50's.

Since i recognized the LP as a HAM callsign, I briefly introduced myself.

From what i could see in the car. I didnt see any radios (didnt really investigate into it as i introduced myself with name and callsign.)

mr. awesome

Dec 27, 2010
Queens, NY
HILO said:
Oh my. that is crazy. I mean, its no traffic stop on a lone female in the dark, but that is pretty F'ing bad!

you know what? i'll take my chances with the skinny white kid at the traffic stop if given the choice between him and the lunatic lookin guy at the right hand side of that picture.

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
nbkj58 said:
The guy in the suit looks like a freakin mobster and the guy to the right looks like he's concentrating on a fart.

Holy shit they all look like thugs and they all look high lol and why the hell are they armed with side arms and shotguns!! I know they can be "comissioned" security guards that can carry handguns but SHOTGUNS?? dude these guys are probably the ones stealing shit around town lol

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
BigDogg795 said:
Maybe my eyes deceive me, but does that say "county" on the side and "coontie" on the rear? :confused:

"Counties".

Tristar

May 24, 2010
MA
Blade Runner said:
I; well, no, damn.... I'm almost speechless.... Just look at the link, but make sure you're sitting down, not eating, drinking, etc.....

TEXas pIoneer control OFfIcers Photos | Myspace

These individuals are very scary...and they're allowed to carry firearms! I'm glad I don't live anywhere near where they "patrol". Also, love the clothes the owner(?) is wearing...he looks like he's attempting to look like a mobster from one of the Godfather movies.

Ben E.

May 21, 2010
Iowa, USA
No pictures or anything, but I just charged a chick with using one of those "police light" cell phone applications while driving. That's pretty screwed up lighting!

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
Ben E. said:
No pictures or anything, but I just charged a chick with using one of those "police light" cell phone applications while driving. That's pretty screwed up lighting!

Yep, I've seen several of those apps. I've even read news stories about them being used as you described above. People.... meh.

FGS

May 21, 2010
United States, Maryland
Saw this on the Police Car Web Site. The first pic I didn't see anything wrong with it. I thought "Is that an Aero behind that Chevy? COOL!"

[Broken External Image]:http://tinyurl.com/692vajk

But the second pic I was like "HUH?!?!?!? What the heck were they thinking!?!?!?!?!?"

[Broken External Image]:http://tinyurl.com/6l3go4n

I guess they wanted to solve the alley light problem found on the Aeros. LOL!

Look like that they have TWO arrowsticks on there!

K9Vic

May 23, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
FGS said:
Saw this on the Police Car Web Site. The first pic I didn't see anything wrong with it. I thought "Is that an Aero behind that Chevy? COOL!"
aimages9.fotki.com_v114_photos_1_14219_25750_pros601_vi.jpg

But the second pic I was like "HUH?!?!?!? What the heck were they thinking!?!?!?!?!?"

aimages9.fotki.com_v250_photos_1_14219_25750_6l3go4n_vi.jpg

I guess they wanted to solve the alley light problem found on the Aeros. LOL!

Look like that they have TWO arrowsticks on there!

Anglefire is a poor host, images can not usually be linked on outside forums.

gfpd26

May 21, 2010
Greenville, IL
I remember that pic from the old boards. Someone said it was used for blocking intersections since it was Fire Police. And yes, 2 arrowsticks...

FedSigFan

May 21, 2010
DFW
Aaaw man, (if he doesn't already have one) now Eric's probably going to wow the vintage board by building one of these Aeros with dual arrow sticks out of NOS parts from FS. :)

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
I actually really like that Suburban...

Also: NEVER link images from the police car website. If you do, the link on their website to see the larger version often redirects to their homepage. Always put them on photobucket, imgur, imageshack or whatever.

BigWil

May 22, 2010
Ontario
Backpedaling is not just a forum term. It pretty much refers to someone trying to take back what they said, as damage control.

whatevah

May 26, 2010
Delaware, USA
FGS said:
Still learning the forums terms. What is backpedaling?
That's not just an internet term. It's basically when somebody says something that may be incorrect, and when called on it, the person changes the details to try to make it sound better. And again, and again... rather than just admitting that they were wrong in the first place. Also, when somebody gets "brave" in a bar and tries to act tough until he realizes that the other guy is a lot bigger and has a couple big friends with him... then says "woah, sorry man... my bad, we're cool, we're cool" as he backs away. :)

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
Dammit that crossfire is from TEXAS he better have a damn good reason to run R/B if not heavy jail time follows those two colors.....

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
FGS said:
Thanks guys. Thought it was a internet term. Guess I was wrong on that part.
It's got too many letters to be a native Internet term. ;) Takes too long to type.

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
Well i went on a ride along with my cousin today after my shift at my PD and we were patroling thru a trailer park and i found this gem. It also had another POV right behind it and next to them behind the trailer was an excursion with the words FIRST RESPONDER on the entire side of it as far as i could see it had a SVP interior lightbar in it 5mm.

wacker.jpg

gfpd26

May 21, 2010
Greenville, IL
Station 3 said:
Well i went on a ride along with my cousin today after my shift at my PD and we were patroling thru a trailer park and i found this gem. It also had another POV right behind it and next to them behind the trailer was an excursion with the words FIRST RESPONDER on the entire side of it as far as i could see it had a SVP interior lightbar in it 5mm.

Granted my computer picture quality isn't the best but, it looks pretty good to me unless I am mising something...

Oct 27, 2010
Irving TX
ISU_Cyclone said:
Waukesha, Wisconsin

ai634.photobucket.com_albums_uu64_BoondockSaint3100_whacker.jpg

I wonder what their hobbies and opinions about stuff are? lol

on a more serious note, there are enough antennas on there to sterilize someone.

SPMRC

Jun 10, 2011
Lubbock, Texas
Bigredinstalls said:
on a more serious note, there are enough antennas on there to sterilize someone.

5 antennas is what I count, I know hams that have this too, but on a clean install and not like this.

I like the light setup way more, special with the one on the roof and it's cable dangling down.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
Bigredinstalls said:

KC9UDS

Tony VanDerWal

Sussex, WI 53089-2329

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RickJones444

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.