Official "Whacker" or "Screwed Up Install" Thread

Is this the worst spotlight install you have ever seen?

• Yes

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • No

Votes: 37 78.7%

• Total voters

EMS10EMT

Aug 31, 2010
NJ
Saw this guy while on duty on the ambo. Im not sure what company it is, partly because it doesnt say anywhere on the truck.

I got a real kick out of the "traffic enforcement" on the back window.

ai131.photobucket.com_albums_p294_jwolfson43_782a27d1.jpg

Ipuvaepe

Jun 25, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
EMS10EMT said:
Saw this guy while on duty on the ambo. Im not sure what company it is, partly because it doesnt say anywhere on the truck.

I got a real kick out of the "traffic enforcement" on the back window.

ai131.photobucket.com_albums_p294_jwolfson43_782a27d1.jpg

\ said:
  • Area Code: 973
  • Exchange Code: 227
  • Original Line Type:* Landline
  • Original Provider:* Verizon New Jersey
    * Provider & Line Type subject to change due to number portability
\ said:
  • No Information Available
\ said:
Name: RDA Guard Service

Number: (973) 227-0144

\ said:
The Internet is a wonderful tool. :popcorn:

[*]Name: Available (Paid Version Only)

[*]Address: Available (Paid Version Only)

[*]Name: Available (Paid Version Only)

[*]Location: Caldwell, NJ

[*]Type: Landline

[*]Registered: July 6th, 1997 (Sunday)

[*]Carrier: Verizon New Jersey, INC.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
its amazing what you can do with the internet...

you dont know the name of the company but you have a phone number......

+

google....

=

RDA Security in Caldwell - (973) 227-0144

EMS10EMT

Aug 31, 2010
NJ
thanks guys.

I really wasnt too worried about getting the name of this company out but now that its done, all is good.

It just struck me as odd that the truck had no name on it.

Ipuvaepe

Jun 25, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
SPMRC said:

Yarp. My results from bouncing "(973) 227-0144" off google:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=(973)+227-0144" data-cite="\"

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=(973)+227-0144">

1. RDA Security in Caldwell - (973) 227-0144
  2. RDA Security Caldwell NJ (973) 227-0144
  3. RDA Guard Service in Caldwell, NJ - (973) 227-0144
  4. Rda Guard Svc Caldwell NJ (973) 227-0144
  5. Reboli Detective Agency-guard in Caldwell, New Jersey - (973) 227-0144

Maybe they have "Security" and a "Guard Service" separately? Certainly herpaderps...

Oct 27, 2010
Irving TX
SPMRC said:
Yes driving 60 in a 65 zone is legal.
From there on it becomes illegal.

I was basing off of the pretense that he was going 60 not by choice. lol

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
SPMRC said:

I'm confused. Are you trying to say that driving below 60 mph in a 65 mph zone is illegal in Texas?

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
SPMRC said:
Please show me where I said this.

I was very clear in asking what it was you meant as I am confused by what you wrote.

SPMRC said:

So 60 in a 65 is legal, You are correct, I understand this.

from there on it becomes illegal. this is what I do not understand. What is illegal? Over 65? Less than 60? Dressing a sheep in a pink night gown?

SPMRC

Jun 10, 2011
Lubbock, Texas
HILO said:
I was very clear in asking what it was you meant as I am confused by what you wrote.

So 60 in a 65 is legal, You are correct, I understand this.

from there on it becomes illegal. this is what I do not understand. What is illegal? Over 65? Less than 60? Dressing a sheep in a pink night gown?

HILO please stop taking my postings out of context.

Everybody else was able to understand it, so I have to assume that you don't want to understand my postings for unknown reasons.

So why don't you ignore my postings.

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
SPMRC said:
HILO please stop taking my postings out of context.
Everybody else was able to understand it, so I have to assume that you don't want to understand my postings for unknown reasons.

So why don't you ignore my postings.

I was trying not to take your post out of context. that is why I asked. However, now I will yousume that you ment less than 60 in a 65 is illegal, and your wrong.

There is usually not a minmum speed limit on a highway, it is simply safe speed in regards to traffic conditions, unless posted. Texas generally posts a 40 mph minimum speed limit, even in a 70.

I couldnt ignore you if I tried. You had me at whaa...sniff whaaaaaa!!!! :razz:

Oct 27, 2010
Irving TX
HILO said:
I was trying not to take your post out of context. that is why I asked. Ho

wever, now I will yousume that you ment less than 60 in a 65 is illegal, and your wrong.

There is usually not a minmum speed limit on a highway, it is simply safe speed in regards to traffic conditions, unless posted. Texas generally posts a 40 mph minimum speed limit, even in a 70.

I couldnt ignore you if I tried. You had me at whaa...sniff whaaaaaa!!!! :razz:

Allow me to clarify. My original post that warranted his reply:

It's only wrong if i get caught!!!

Also, too bad he doesnt realize that not one part of that story is LEGAL.

His statement was a correction of my oversight of said person actually performing one task that was indeed legal by proceeding at a safe and legal speed.

lolol:crazy: :bonk:

Ipuvaepe

Jun 25, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Saw it on failblog, <3 security

afarm4.static.flickr.com_3376_3489492735_e223e7b95e.jpg

Fluffy126577

May 24, 2010
Toledo, OH
There really isn't a "front" or "back" to the Edge bars. You can set them up however you want. It's just where the modules are placed. The lens colors are bass ackwards but that's about it.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
Fluffy126577 said:
There really isn't a "front" or "back" to the Edge bars. You can set them up however you want. It's just where the modules are placed. The lens colors are bass ackwards but that's about it.

I'm guessing they wanted to have amber to the front to give some idea that they wanted people to think that maybe they wanted to look "less important" than police, but of course that's precisely the opposite of their actual intention. "Hey we've got amber lights in front, cops don't do that!" (Actually sometimes they do - I don't think they should, but it does happen sometimes.) Most people probably wouldn't know one way or the other and just see blue blinky lights behind them and think it's an emergency vehicle.

gfpd26

May 21, 2010
Greenville, IL
hawkspringsfire said:
Just found this picture on another forum and thought people would get a kick out of it:

ai233.photobucket.com_albums_ee229_hawkspringsfire_Speeder.jpg

What the hell?? and I thought our local track crews went overboard with the dual amber/clear edges on their vehicles.....

philyumpshus

Jun 20, 2010
Malone, NY
That's definitely photoshopped. They colored some work lights red and blue, repainted the car black and white, and put a Jetstream on top.

K9Vic

May 23, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
Oct 27, 2010
Irving TX
Rail way whacker?

I forsee a rant about "fake" k-9 units in the near future. Lol

FGS

May 21, 2010
United States, Maryland
Ben E. said:
Maybe he's providing traffic control so nobody drives into it. :D

Not a railroad nut but I suspect that thing is a track inspector. Comes out after a big storm to make sure nothing washed out under part of it such as the one seen here or a big tree fell on the tracks. Due to the fact a big locomotive can't stop on a dime. Or after an earthquake like the pic below.

[Broken External Image]:http://s3.amazonaws.com/files.poste...555530&Signature=swWSV12l0I2cDgZtJ8nzpjJOoko=

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
I still can't get over the fact that security companies in Texas get to use blue lights. :weird: Where I'm from, police is blue, fire is red, DOT/construction is amber, and security is amber or green.

K9Vic

May 23, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
tom said:
I still can't get over the fact that security companies in Texas get to use blue lights. :weird: Where I'm from, police is blue, fire is red, DOT/construction is amber, and security is amber or green.

HILO, you care to elaborate on "blue" legality in Texas for security.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NearlyEpoint

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.