Official "Whacker" or "Screwed Up Install" Thread

I don't know could be wrong. But looks like more money than location consideration. Definetly not what I call more the marrier.

Might cause alot of confusetion at night and my cuase the moth to flame syndrome.

But that's my opinion.

Like John said good to show of the different lights available.

And the Mars rover sent pictures back too.

Upvote 0
JohnMarcson said:
It would be a nice demo...

it IS a demo vehicle if you read the YouTube description. I saw this a while back and had asked him on YT if the flashing lights on the side of the toolbox were alley lights (which they are, neat idea)

Upvote 0
STL lights AND a fishing pole holder on the front bumper? THIS GUY has it made!

Upvote 0
7d9_z28 said:
STL lights AND a fishing pole holder on the front bumper? THIS GUY has it made!

my question is... why is it that firefighter POV's are always the ones that look most likely to catch on fire?!

Upvote 0
I saw a gem today that I wish I had gotten pics of! It had a code 3 lp4 lightbar all white. svp grill lights, whelen led dashlight, whelen dashmiser clear lenses, two sho me? 5mm lights to front. to the rear there were 5 different antennas and three i repeat 3 traffic advisors! I would have taken a pic but the owner came out of the store. Oh and It had a siren in grille for some damn reason

Upvote 0
When will these idiots learn how to hold their camera phones the right way, I may be a whacker, but least I know to shot video with my phone

Upvote 0
Yep, Vertical Video Syndrome again.

:)

"You will notice the wire mess"... No kidding. Jeez, don"t quit your day job Kid...

Upvote 0
Whew doggy them be mobile lights and them there strobing lights in the grille headlights and back up lights are 1st class products from that eBay site this here unmarked fire department/ service vehicle won't never been struck on the road

Upvote 0
GreenZone09 said:
I see no red. I see no blue. I see no Code 3.

Although, as a master of Eye Spy, I DO see a WHACKER.

I spy "code 3 mode" at 2:33.

This weenie doesn't even look old enough to be on a fire dept, but he calls him self a "Firedeptpro"

Upvote 0
firedeptpro was a short lived member here.

had hos code 3 video of him talking to himself on his frs with roger beebs activated.

Upvote 0
alxjmrk said:
There is something wrong there....but they all gotta start somewhere, right?

Yeah I almost feel bad for this kid. He probably doesn't have enough money to buy lights and pay for an install and probably couldn't get anyone to help him do the wiring the right way. So he just did his best.

Upvote 0
nightwolf said:
Not really a screwed-up install, but maybe the reason he's, "never seen anybody else with it," is because it's not the best idea. Feel like it'd attract a lot of attention and just get to be annoying.

When I first started lighting my POV, I had a '94 Saturn SL2 that I did all the wiring on myself. Had a mini-bar (sho-me dual halogen rotator) on the roof, 2x dual talons B/W on the front visors, and 2x dual talons B/R and B/A on the rear deck. Instead of running my own power line (I was young and very stupid) I tapped into factory wiring. Turns out it was a wire for the light in the glove compartment which was tied into the headlight relay which was tied into the keyless entry. Long story short, my car lit up like a christmas tree when I locked/unlocked it and god forbid the alarm went off... I changed it soon after because it was stupid and drew too much attention in parking lots and the like.

Upvote 0
Back in my whacker days, I had my lights tied into the alarm wire. It would only activate them if the alarm went off, not if I locked and unlocked the doors. It worked fairly well when I was in college, a bunch of vehicles around mine got broken into, they left mine alone.

Upvote 0
Im digging the "Fire Rescue" obnoxiously splayed across the windshield....

Upvote 0
Not sure about having it tied with my "lock" and "unlock". Maybe if he had an aftermarket alarm system with the auxiliary control it'd make some sense. If there ever is a reason to turn them on from a distance...

How do you LEO's react when you see/pull over onna these here whacker guys? Legal or not. I for one wouldn't even know what to say to the guy.

Not many Whackers in NorCal but I'll keep a look out.

Upvote 0
Ok so I had to turn around a snap a few pics when I saw this beauty.....ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348241057.330780.jpg

Complete with two mini phantoms and a slimlighter to make a manufactured interior bar (as if the vector wasn't enough) and two grill strobes facing the frontImageUploadedByTapatalk1348241212.635372.jpg

.......a non secured slim miser on the rear deck....(facing upward)ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348241359.044398.jpg

And of course this wouldn't be complete without the expired inspection sticker (7-12) because he has so many lights no one will ever notice that it's expired lol aimg.tapatalk.com_d_12_09_22_aty3a8un.jpg

Hope you have fun and enjoy this gem as much as I did.....ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348241548.758859.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
:haha: :dielaugh: :haha: :dielaugh: :haha: :dielaugh: :haha: :dielaugh: Yeah, it's just that funny! Oh, wait, he's also on the Zombie Response Team. :dielaugh:

Upvote 0
stansdds said:
:haha: :dielaugh: :haha: :dielaugh: :haha: :dielaugh: :haha: :dielaugh: Yeah, it's just that funny! Oh, wait, he's also on the Zombie Response Team. :dielaugh:

This car is the perfect example of an "automotive mullet".

Business up front: Ems Lieutenant

Party in the back: Zombie Responce Team

Upvote 0
Fury said:
This car is the perfect example of an "automotive mullet".

Business up front: Ems Lieutenant

Party in the back: Zombie Responce Team

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Upvote 0
Dude must go through an alternator a month. I had a New Yorker, the electrical system on all K Cars is weak.

Upvote 0
I wonder just how many people even think about the alternator output when they are doing their own installs?

Upvote 0
Jhart911er said:
Ok so I had to turn around a snap a few pics when I saw this beauty.....View attachment 41085
Complete with two mini phantoms and a slimlighter to make a manufactured interior bar (as if the vector wasn't enough) and two grill strobes facing the front

I've been trying to come up with something to say about this install... but there's just too much for me to make a single witty comment on. I don't mind the older car... but he should sell off all that stuff... May I suggest he sell off everything he has and install a singular internal light bar?

Upvote 0
Let me understand this real quick, if I ask my haunted house owner(my car is a promo vehicle if you didn't see my post) to "hire me" under a contract and pay me oh say like $1(still paid for a service) I an put "Parker house security" on my car an suddenly having red/blue lights will be completely legal? Atleast that's what I'm getting from all these security agency's around here in Texas.

Upvote 0
Tippman7641 said:
Let me understand this real quick, if I ask my haunted house owner(my car is a promo vehicle if you didn't see my post) to "hire me" under a contract and pay me oh say like $1(still paid for a service) I an put "Parker house security" on my car an suddenly having red/blue lights will be completely legal? Atleast that's what I'm getting from all these security agency's around here in Texas.
No. Red, blue, and clear are illegal colors. Furthermore, a guard vehicle in Texas must have permanently affixed wording and the license of the company, and the vehicle must be registered to the company, who has to hold a company license with lots of insurance.. Also, to represent yourself as security, you must have a license from the State, this includes wearing clothing marked security. For clubs or haunted houses ect, you are a bouncer, or simply staff. Having said all of that, I'm seriously hoping you were joking because if you are serious, you need to be beaten by small children.

Upvote 0
No I wasn't sure because I always see these security vicars everywhere and normally they just say security and I rarely see the driver in uniform. It was just a random question I had.

I guess you could call me an idiot because I have absolutely no idea about this stuff.

See I was told by an older guy that is head of security with his class 3 that he may open carry(on company property) since he is hired by the company owner, now of that's true or not I really have no idea. I was just baseing my previous question off

Of that though.

Upvote 0
Tippman7641 said:
No I wasn't sure because I always see these security vicars everywhere and normally they just say security and I rarely see the driver in uniform. It was just a random question I had.
I guess you could call me an idiot because I have absolutely no idea about this stuff.

See I was told by an older guy that is head of security with his class 3 that he may open carry(on company property) since he is hired by the company owner, now of that's true or not I really have no idea. I was just baseing my previous question off

Of that though.

Although I'm not sure about the specifics in Texas, in general it is up to the property/business owner as to how/if firearms are carried on their property. Emergency warning lights/sirens are a completly different story.

Let me clarify: if a vehicle were to ONLY be used on private property and NEVER on public roadways for any reason, you MAY be allowed to equip it with lights/sirens/lasers/mounted 50cals... however the minute that vehicle crosses onto public roadways it is in violation of the motor vehicle code. Kind of like how farmers can have an old pickup with no plates or headlights/tail lights as long as it never leaves the farm.

Upvote 0

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrmills2468