Official "Whacker" or "Screwed Up Install" Thread

Is this the worst spotlight install you have ever seen?

• Yes

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • No

Votes: 37 78.7%

• Total voters
cook2890 said:
Is that on a Chrysler mini-van??? roflmao!

First thing I thought when I saw the photos, had an '03. Funnily enough I've got a recollection of seeing one of my local police traffic squad Grand Voyagers with the siren sitting in a similar spot, iirc it was an '01 and they couldn't figure out where to mount the sirens where they wouldn't get ripped off under the bumper. The later vans ran the sirens under the bumper crash beam, the earlier Previas they ran usually had the sirens under the "hood".

here is a pic of a brush truck siren remount I did today. I don't have an after pic but here is before. the siren is mounted on the wheel well before. on grill after(no pic)

0728121720 (1).jpg

firefighter31 said:
here is a pic of a brush truck siren remount I did today. I don't have an after pic but here is before. the siren is mounted on the wheel well before. on grill after(no pic)

That was very common on 80's pick up trucks. If they had the bell and cone. They had alot of room under the hood but not in the grille and slim speakers hadnt been developed yet. They actually sounded good.

ParkerFF1 said:
well he is in my state, to bad he isn't local (at least i don't think so, haven't seen that gem in the county) I'd like to slap him silly and fix his wiring, for the simple reason as I don't want to respond to his 10-70 vehicle. The same reason I spent money on one of my (recently kicked off) newbies, I should have taken pictures of the wires running out of the doors, across the fender and closed in the hood. he was so excited to show my his new light set up. I took one look and said that's nice, don't cut those on, the over sized wires feeding those little lights are going to burn something up not to mention there is real good chance you could short out your whole truck, give me a call when you want it done right. later that night after being ridiculed by a couple other guys, he called and begged me to fix it, I did, made sure it was run properly, grounded and used the correct gauge wire. couldn't tell where the wires were look pretty good when I was done, he said man you should do that as a side gig, after that headache NO WAY JOSE don't know how yall do it. I hadn't gone from complete tear down to finished in one sitting before, my pov is normally a piece by piece, trial and error over a given time type install.

He's not only in your state, he's in my town, within my response area... He's been blacklisted from every VFD in the Charleston, Berkeley, Dorchester tri-county area... That truck is no longer on the road after he wrecked it. Last I heard, he was driving around in a CVPI with equal lighting until he wrecked that too "while responding to an assignment." He's got a few followers that are all like him, driving around with lights for no reason, "chirping" their sirens if they drive past a fire station or apparatus on the road...

I'm pretty sure we have a guy about the same as him coming onto our dept. a week from the meeting where he is going to be voted on(with 90 day probation) he already has lights and siren he wants to pay me to put on his ex- police- impalla. Some people are just trouble no matter what!

TheGatekeeper said:
Whoaw! That bad huh ?

Yeah, and he saw me at a gas station a while back and tried to sell me his MX7000 that was seen in the videos. He offered to sell it to me "for a steal" at $400. I then informed him that my last MX I bought, I paid $150 and I paid about $100-150 per full vector that I have. All of which are in much better condition than his MX.

Sadly, this engine is from my old department, which is about 120 paid and 30 or so volunteers. Some money was donated (I think) a few years ago to upgrade all the vehicle's with LED bars. I guess who ever did the install decided to swap the strobe bar lenses to clear and just add the Liberty to the raised part of the cab. Haven't seen it in person, but it looks like crap here.

405461_3235241254558_22456718_n.jpg

For the "Screwed up Install" aspect of the thread I suppose.. Very good illustration !!

MMMMMwell.... It IS a roadside assistance vehicle... If it were not for the crooked lightbar, it's not bad in amber or amber/white.

Now is a Stratus the ideal vehicle for such an assignment is another question... ;)

I can't believe it hasn't gotten any bids yet. :eek:

The guy says he's in GR. Did he buy it off the previous July Chicago Craig's List posting and already wants to get rid of it or weren't there any takers the first time?

firefighter31 said:

Can any damage occur to the speaker with out a cone or bell? i.e. water got through the mesh on the speaker and inside? or are these speakers ment to be abused? just curious.

Strobe Craft said:
Can any damage occur to the speaker with out a cone or bell? i.e. water got through the mesh on the speaker and inside? or are these speakers ment to be abused? just curious.

They arent desiged to be used without the bell or cone. If water gets in them there is a drain hole, But that only will work if the hole is on the bottom of the speaker so the water can drain out.

its a mag mout but probably still blows off there.

alligator clips?

priceless

I was at a local emergency vehicle store and this guy rolled up....getting more lights!

He has TWO Whelen Par36 spotlights!

ai286.photobucket.com_albums_ll119_cbpdogboy1_wacker.jpg

ai286.photobucket.com_albums_ll119_cbpdogboy1_wacker2.jpg

Wait for it...CERT!!!!!!!

ai286.photobucket.com_albums_ll119_cbpdogboy1_wacker3.jpg

cbpdogboy said:
I was at a local emergency vehicle store and this guy rolled up....getting more lights!
He has TWO Whelen Par36 spotlights!

Now that's just..... Wow... :rolleyes:

firefighter31 said:
they all loook like KO's
There was a Sho ME slim light under the front license plate, a federal signal module or two in the side window, and 2 Whelen Par36 led spots....from what I could make out. The bed of the truck was lined with more lights going around a a bench...

TheGatekeeper said:
Yeah... Did you ask its owner to light it up ?

Nope...he looked like he had a few screws loose...he walked really fast in an out of the shop a few times then left...he looked like he didn't have a need for the handicap sticker...

BTW...I just noticed the "chief" sticker... :)

Took this when i lived in Cali. He was cruising down the 91 freeway

ai110.photobucket.com_albums_n114_jeremy0966_01_20_08_1236.jpg

Security in a C300 with knock off vector

ai110.photobucket.com_albums_n114_jeremy0966_05_13_08_1720.jpg

ai110.photobucket.com_albums_n114_jeremy0966_05_13_08_1719.jpg

ai110.photobucket.com_albums_n114_jeremy0966_05_13_08_1721.jpg

At last some guy who can't be blamed for working security with a cruiser-lookalike !! ;)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scannerdude