Official "Whacker" or "Screwed Up Install" Thread

Is this the worst spotlight install you have ever seen?

• Yes

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • No

Votes: 37 78.7%

• Total voters

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
security world tactics?

and that's observe and report right?

jph2

Apr 21, 2012
USA Michigan
Some Wacker At The Depot
I love the "Non-Emergency" notation on the hood. lol

The car does say "Demo Unit" on it. SWAT Depot has a Facebook page that implies they are a distributor, but it hasn't had any content since 2012. The associated web page is no longer active. The facebook page also looks "whackerish" from a business perspective, in my opinion.

security world tactics?

and that's observe and report right?
Security World Tactics has a Facebook page, too, and the web page linked from there is still up. It doesn't look like they actually did any security work, just another so-called retailer for a lot of brands of stuff. YellowPages.com reports this "business" as closed.

And who would have thought you could find DOUBLE WHACKER in a single picture?

Reactions: JennyCop

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Spotlights and mailbox stickers on the body make for the best undercover car

Mattdecker

Mar 16, 2013
Barren County, Kentucky
Paster side windows

Torus

Spotlap?

Securitas explains it all
It sounds to me like what he needs is a dictionary.

I've worked with that company for a couple months now and haven't had any issues. Or seen anyone with cars like that.

Heck, even our company cars that I've seen just have a single off brand strobe light on top.

If I did this to my vehicle my supervisor would probably kill me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Jarred J.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
i saw a securitas car roll through my town one time... the 3 red dots and a single beacon on a prius was hillarious

JennyCop

Jan 19, 2012
Sunny Arizona
Ford Torus, with spotlap also have police selin with six settings! whale, yep, Aux, Hi.lo, Mech, PeA system! Even comes with a paster side window!

just plain awesome! lol :bonk:

Last edited by a moderator:

jph2

Apr 21, 2012
USA Michigan
If I was that security company I would not like to be mistaken for a OK State Trooper  pulling up into a Circle K getting robbed at gun point.
Truly whackerish if real, but it looks photoshopped. The "Security" lettering doesn't align properly on the car (although they could have just done a crappy job of putting it on) and the color doesn't quite match the "Emergency 911" lettering. Hard to tell if the logo is shopped or real, though.

Googling Oklahoma Security Patrol doesn't bring up any businesses with that name, but Oklahoma Security Patrol LLC is a current registered corporate name. The registered agent is a company that offers registered agent services, which seems to me kind of like domain name parking on the internet.

I don't know about OK law regarding security companies, but sure seems like a company that tried to look that much like State Troopers would get a lot of law enforcement attention, and not in a positive way.

Reactions: Skip Goulet

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
Found this gem in BC today sitting at the entrance of a trailer (park) "resort".

Trying to look like our national police force... I guess it's a traffic unit. ...? Don't even get me started on the mag mount logo....

The kicker is the cheap amber kojak light on the dash. Reminded me of Jim Lahey's car from the tv show Trailer Park Boys.

uploadfromtaptalk1436565990990.jpguploadfromtaptalk1436566008185.jpguploadfromtaptalk1436566019770.jpg

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
If I was that security company I would not like to be mistaken for a OK State Trooper  pulling up into a Circle K getting robbed at gun point.
DO THEY STILL USE MILLENNIUMS?!?!?!?!?! I F#$&**#&$ love seeing Millenniums in use. WIN.

apie2546

Feb 1, 2015
Alpine, TX
Got pulled over by a fake cop.. Went home over the summer, left my lights in a storage unit. Just driving around on my day off with t tops off, and a tan crown Vic started riding my,rear end and flashed blue and green lights at me in the grill.

I turned down a side street, and pulled over and called 911. Just as he got behind me he sped off.. No official markings, lights inside the grill and lights around third brake light as well as the police Interceptor badge.

I didn't follow but 911 told me it wasn't a legitimate traffic stop because an officer was not in that area. So I gave the nice lady the license plate number.

They were decent lights, and the entire car looked convincing. I didn't get any pictures because I was on the phone, wish I did. Was kind of pissed off too because I wasn't speeding or driving bad at all lol

FFParker

Jul 17, 2010
Aiken, SC
Got pulled over by a fake cop.. Went home over the summer, left my lights in a storage unit. Just driving around on my day off with t tops off, and a tan crown Vic started riding my,rear end and flashed blue and green lights at me in the grill.

I turned down a side street, and pulled over and called 911. Just as he got behind me he sped off.. No official markings, lights inside the grill and lights around third brake light as well as the police Interceptor badge.

I didn't follow but 911 told me it wasn't a legitimate traffic stop because an officer was not in that area. So I gave the nice lady the license plate number.

They were decent lights, and the entire car looked convincing. I didn't get any pictures because I was on the phone, wish I did. Was kind of pissed off too because I wasn't speeding or driving bad at all lol
Its ashame a person couldnt run tjat tag number, figure out the owner then find them on facebook. Someone like that has got to have that whacker mobile plastered on every whacker group on fb

Reactions: Skip Goulet

Hollywood

May 24, 2010
Oklahoma
DO THEY STILL USE MILLENNIUMS?!?!?!?!?! I F#$&**#&$ love seeing Millenniums in use. WIN.
At the moment all Troop cars are slick tops and the Turnpike cars have Code 3 TR21 light bars with an amber stick in the back window.

Beginning soon, all enforcement vehicles will have SoundOff light bars. On the older black and whites you still see Galaxy's but I give it less than a year before they are gone. No Millenniums in years.

Dec 4, 2011
US NC
I saw the DC Tahoe while I was there for the fourth of July last year. The only part of it that looked good were all the vertex's mounted at the bottom of the front bumper. 

Super shitty video quality to match the super shitty setup. 

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
I would love to be pulled over by a fake cop. If they speed away I think their butt hole would pucker up when I activate my Red Blues on my POV to start chase on them and they realize they just tried to pull over a Constables POV.
Odessa P.D. recently caught a guy running lights and siren to pull people over for traffic offenses.  They confirmed that he was not a local vollie, s they sacked him up big time!

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
The new vans for Charter Communications (cable company, if you didnt know) have what appear to be Code 3 XT4s mounted like chameleon eyes on the front... You know, incase airplanes, helicopters, and aliens need to find the cable guy....

Chartervan.jpg

chartervan2.jpg

J-Rock1944

Jun 26, 2013
Lexington, Kentucky
I was doing traffic control for a road paving company on monday. one of their water tankers had an LED beacon light (it was shaped like the number 8.) mounted to the BACK of the tank. The only thing it lit up was the ground and anything perpendicular to the tank!

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX

That's rather unusual....green and blue combo here in Texas.  He must've taken advantage of one of STL's sales.  Odessa had a problem with a guy in a pickup pulling people over using r/b lights.  They finally caught up with him and charged him with impersonating a police officer. I'm not sure if he actually identified himself as l.e. or what, but they got him off the street.

I think I've mentioned before elsewhere in this thread about a guy I knew when I worked at AID Ambulance in Lubbock.  The guy drove a very dark blue '65 or '66 Impala (this was in 1969). He came up with a blue magnetic light that he promptly put on top of his car...stating that he did roadside service on the side.  But I began to  hear traffic on the scanner about someone with a blue light pulling people over; and he eventually made the mistake of pulling over an unmarked unit.  End of his story and his job at AID Ambulance.

Retired1

Jun 1, 2010
Woodward County, OK
This sure brightened my otherwise boring early Sunday morning. I may have to incorporate some of his techniques into the next install I do for myself.

Thanks for posting this!

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
The new vans for Charter Communications (cable company, if you didnt know) have what appear to be Code 3 XT4s mounted like chameleon eyes on the front... You know, incase airplanes, helicopters, and aliens need to find the cable guy....

attachicon.gif
Chartervan.jpg

attachicon.gif
chartervan2.jpg
Maybe they did that because things are looking up for them. :D

Reactions: jph2

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.