Official "Whacker" or "Screwed Up Install" Thread

Is this the worst spotlight install you have ever seen?

• Yes

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • No

Votes: 37 78.7%

• Total voters

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
Um, yeah....facepalm about sums it up. And why does he have one or more gallon anti-freeze bottles in his engine compartment?
casue its a chevy?

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
Sad to say but I have a cheap Dollar Store flashlight that the batteries are just about to die that would give off more warning than those lights. Day and night.
That reminds me of my late friend, Ed Hearne, who owned A-1 Ambulance here in Midland for a few years.  When he first started his service he began with a then-new 1965 Plymouth wagon.  He didn't want to put emergency equipment on it, but the city told him he had to.  He mounted a Federal 28 siren under the hood; and until the city caught up with him, his sole red light was a handheld Unity spotlight that dangled from the rearview mirror with a red turn-signal lens taped across the front.  The city wouldn't go for that, of course, so he ended up with a red Jr. beacon and two red Federal lollipops on the roof. Great improvement.  But here's what was funny!  If he took a notion (which was quite often), he would run his emergency calls in two ways: either with lights only and no siren, or siren only with no reds on!   His competition was Thomas Funeral Home, who had remained in the ambulance business.  Midland was divided in half "territory"-wise, with Thomas covering the Eastside and A-1 the West.  One Sunday a bad wreck occurred on I20 on the east side of town. Thomas' ambulance broke down, and their other unit was on another run.  There were multiple injuries, so A-1 was called to send at least two units, and he refused to go, saying that it was in Thomas' territory and they'd just have to do the best they could.   The next day A-1's city permit was yanked.  He moved from here to Sweetwater, but didn't fare much better there.

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
I'm going to have to call BS on that one...

There's NO WAY Station 3 fit in that Audi.

I do fit in it and I drive it on my days off.....It does feel like a go cart every rock and pebble you run over you FEEL IT...I am going to add some dash lights to the front and rear for fire response and to piss people off im going all AMAZON cheap brand on a very expensive car LOL

Reactions: Jarred J.

PJD642

May 20, 2010
east of Cleveland
I do fit in it and I drive it on my days off.....It does feel like a go cart every rock and pebble you run over you FEEL IT...I am going to add some dash lights to the front and rear for fire response and to piss people off im going all AMAZON cheap brand on a very expensive car LOL

I ended up purchasing one of those Amazon lights you mentioned in the other thread...and I'm glad Amazon Prime offers free return shipping.  Had my refund in 2 days.

SidewaysLS4

Sep 21, 2015
IL
Funny thread.  Here's something that I've been seeing on Craigslist all summer.  This is the current link which might be good for a while...no one wants to buy it (???).  It's legal (as it is amber and white according to the 'operator').  Laptop to check Facebook, cage and bars in the back for the ladies you might run into during your travels, radar, dash cam, and more! 

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/5201121347.html

And some video...

00D0D_6GJLqX8Hk3d_600x450.jpg

00b0b_jqEJ3tIsXEN_600x450.jpg

00L0L_aNtAq67biNp_600x450.jpg

00o0o_6brp8YlUN6D_600x450.jpg

00z0z_3HQ9KJKh9Yw_600x450.jpg

01616_9xgviWtpPFa_600x450.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

jph2

Apr 21, 2012
USA Michigan
Funny thread.  Here's something that I've been seeing on Craigslist all summer.  This is the current link which might be good for a while...no one wants to buy it (???).  It's legal (as it is amber and white according to the 'operator').  Laptop to check Facebook, cage and bars in the back for the ladies you might run into during your travels, radar, dash cam, and more! 

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/5201121347.html

And some video...

Great sound track with the video: "...used to be cop until they kicked me off the force..." lol

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
the song is talking about the car... right? :crazy:

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
ai2.kym_cdn.com_photos_images_original_000_002_368_cleese.jpg

Reactions: PJD642

apie2546

Feb 1, 2015
Alpine, TX
Haven't been on here in a while! Saw this in my recommended on YouTube. Good stuff. Not sure if he keeps trying to convince me or himself that all of it is legal. The comments are concerning too 

FFParker

Jul 17, 2010
Aiken, SC
I was at one of the local hospitals picking up a discharge when I noticed a competitor 's truck. At first I thought the new truck looked good being dodge with a simple yet effective whelen setup. Until I noticed the grill. I had to get a closer look...

Here is what I saw.

ai1084.photobucket.com_albums_j401_parkerff1_Mobile_20Uploads_IMAG0027.jpg

Yes, those are cheap eBay lights.

crt6mrt-265

May 23, 2010
Central NJ
That black crown vic....... the 3 head stick is driving me CRAZY OCD with even light heads especially with that pattern!!! OMG

Newberry13

May 21, 2010
SC, USA
I was at one of the local hospitals picking up a discharge when I noticed a competitor 's truck. At first I thought the new truck looked good being dodge with a simple yet effective whelen setup. Until I noticed the grill. I had to get a closer look...Here is what I saw.

ai1084.photobucket.com_albums_j401_parkerff1_Mobile_20Uploads_IMAG0027.jpg

Yes, those are cheap eBay lights.
It was a private service, right? I noticed that truck at Richland Memorial a couple of weeks ago.

PJD642

May 20, 2010
east of Cleveland
Saw this one the other day - 5 antennas/mounts, a Liberty bar & LP lights.  Amateur radio plates, so I'm guessing a storm tracker or something....  Didn't get to see the front,so no idea if he had grille lights too.

Whacker.jpg

Reactions: 7d9_z28

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
whyd you blank out the call sign.. I coulda looked him up and given you an answer lol

Reactions: Mrlunchbox

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
ok you can PM it to me

brts96

Feb 11, 2011
U.S, MN
Saw this one yesterday when I took my daughter out for lunch. The guy had the beacons duct taped to the roof of his vehicle, and mailbox letters for the missing and exploited children's line.

He saw me snapping a couple pictures, and  came out of the restaurant to ask why I took them, I was honest with him, and told him that I had never had seen someone tape lights to the roof. He pointed out that the tape also was covering rust on the other side of the vehicle.

My three year old daughter thought it was funny someone taped the lights to the roof. Of course, I should expect it. Her brother is almost five and knows what split fail is. I won't be surprised if they join this site in a few years.

IMG_20151028_122914543_HDR.jpg

Reactions: Mrlunchbox

jph2

Apr 21, 2012
USA Michigan
Saw this one yesterday when I took my daughter out for lunch. The guy had the beacons duct taped to the roof of his vehicle, and mailbox letters for the missing and exploited children's line.

He saw me snapping a couple pictures, and  came out of the restaurant to ask why I took them, I was honest with him, and told him that I had never had seen someone tape lights to the roof. He pointed out that the tape also was covering rust on the other side of the vehicle.

Who needs professional upfitters or body shops when duct tape can take care of everything? Never mind the quality of the lights...

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
Who needs professional upfitters or body shops when duct tape can take care of everything? Never mind the quality of the lights...

If he's got that kind of rust, he needs the beacons to keep other drivers out of his way in case the whole car falls apart all at once.  All he's gotta do is slam the door hard one time and he'll have the pile of rust and dust that was once his car on the ground.

Reactions: FCV96

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
ohh man I saw one today ive got to get a pic of.. hopefully the guy lives here in town... I passed the oreilys and saw this "john deere themed" s10 or small older Nissan pickup.... the paint was peeling badly and on top was a mx7000 in what looked like all clear...

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
"Now what am I doing?"  (10:11)

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
that video has been posted before........

this is original...

IMG_0012.JPG

3 crappy harbor freight lightbars.... 2 cb antennas. and the front had some crappy LED lights near the bumper...

bad thing is, i know this guy, i saw him in the boro, he's a trucker...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KeystoneDiesel

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.