The Worst Response Video Thread

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
I had to watch that one twice. The speaker must be stuffed full of insulation.

My guess is it's a plumbing truck on the way to an emergency stopped up crapper.

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
crazynova said:
I'm new here, but how about this nice car alarm siren:

I'm think that there just happened to be a car alarm going off in the area. Even a car alarm siren would be louder than that.

Quickstep80

May 30, 2012
Europe
You're laughing.

This video brings me to tears.

I don't know if it's because of that *cough* outstanding product quality or the *cough* overwhelming video production itself.

Being an emergency responder and a professional filmmaker, that's shocking - squared.

:puke:

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Quickstep80 said:
... Being an emergency responder and a professional filmmaker, that's shocking ...

I hear you. Why wasn't the video shot at night? Where is the blaring rock music? This guy must have never visited eLightbars.

blairian

Sep 22, 2011
Texas
Quickstep80 said:
You're laughing.

I don't know if it's because of that *cough* outstanding product quality or the *cough* overwhelming video production itself.

Being an emergency responder and a professional filmmaker, that's shocking - squared.

It's the presentation that does it for me. In reality it isn't a bad idea for a product - but it could be a lot better..

blairian

Sep 22, 2011
Texas
Quickstep80 said:
You're laughing.

It's the presentation that does it for me. In reality it isn't a bad idea for a product - but it could have been a lot better..

crazynova

Mar 25, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
Strobe Craft said:
:eek:
At least he didn't go overboard on lights.... :coffee:

Believe it or not, that vehicle is a department issued vehicle for Las Vegas Metro Police. They use those visor lights still on all unmarked vehicles, but have since fixed the sirens.

Quickstep80

May 30, 2012
Europe
A very interesting thing about that "Bull Blaster" ist that "Blaze"-sticker on its top which I usually would expect to find on Vision Alert minibars... :rolleyes:

The Bull Blaster

Bullblaster.jpg

Mattdecker

Mar 16, 2013
Barren County, Kentucky
Idk if this is the dash cam making it look as if he is going faster than he actually is but I'd be deathly afraid to ride with him.

Video starts skipping around the 1:00 mark so just skip ahead to the 2:20 mark when it does.

Last edited by a moderator:
May 21, 2010
LKN, NC
Mattdecker said:
Idk if this is the dash cam making it look as if he is going faster than he actually is but I'd be deathly afraid to ride with him.

Video starts skipping around the 1:00 mark so just skip ahead to the 2:20 mark when it does.

Meh, that's pretty typical really.

Bigassfireman

May 23, 2010
U. S. of A. Ohio
Judging by the time it takes to get through any of the intersections it doesn't seem to be excessive to me. He didn't, however, slow down to make sure cars coming up the on ramp were going to stop. I'd be more concerned with the pump going the wrong way in the beginning.

Feb 4, 2012
Casper, Wyoming
I have zero experience with Roto-Rays, I have, in fact, never even seen one in real life. Is it normal to change speed and direction? At first I thought about the video frame rate, but the rest of the scenery looks normal...

I was wondering about the pumper going the other way as well, Bigassfireman.

August Arborists said:
I have zero experience with Roto-Rays, I have, in fact, never even seen one in real life. Is it normal to change speed and direction? At first I thought about the video frame rate, but the rest of the scenery looks normal...

To me, it almost seems as though the roto-ray is being manipulated by the Q siren. Everytime the Q siren is being wound up, the roto ray slows...at least from what I can see in the video.

Torpedo

May 9, 2012
USA Fl
acala91 said:
I'm think that there just happened to be a car alarm going off in the area. Even a car alarm siren would be louder than that.

Agreed, that siren is gonna get someone killed.

theroofable

May 23, 2010
New Jersey
August Arborists said:

SomeBloke said:
To me, it almost seems as though the roto-ray is being manipulated by the Q siren. Everytime the Q siren is being wound up, the roto ray slows...at least from what I can see in the video.

This is because it is spinning so fast that the camera cant capture it properly. The same way a helicopter's rotors look on camera. Or when you watch wheels spinning on the car next to you, sometimes they spin forward, sometimes still, sometimes backwards, and it changes with the speed.

theroofable said:
This is because it is spinning so fast that the camera cant capture it properly. The same way a helicopter's rotors look on camera. Or when you watch wheels spinning on the car next to you, sometimes they spin forward, sometimes still, sometimes backwards, and it changes with the speed.

Hmm...interesting. I've always felt a roto-ray and a Q siren went together like salt and vinegar. It's almost like the roto-ray is the visual part of the Q-siren.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
Could be the Q is drawing so much amperage the RotoRay is slowing down a bit due to the pull if its on the same main line.. Kind of like how the headlights dim if you have a very loud stereo and a bass note hits.

Mattdecker

Mar 16, 2013
Barren County, Kentucky
The big thing for me about the video I posted is that when I took Driver's Training this past November we were drilled from the first day that this was not the type of driving you should do. What would scare me the most is the way he is just driving through the median the whole time. It just goes against everything I was taught. If some one here would have done that they wouldn't be driving the trucks no more at the very least. I think it's an accident waiting to happen, but that's just my 2 cents.

I can understand him going through the intersection where the light just turns red. There wouldn't have been time for him to stop if he didn't see it. I am sure the cars getting off the road there had plenty of time to see him and react.

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
Yep... Responding only with the wigwags is a bit light... :weird:

Quite common in London though... Unmarked with only the grille/wigwags on... No dash or beacon although they have them..

TheGatekeeper said:
Yep... Responding only with the wigwags is a bit light... :weird:
Quite common in London though... Unmarked with only the grille/wigwags on... No dash or beacon although they have them..

You'd think with the Met/City of London Police budgets, they'd give them a couple more lights.

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
As I wrote, they DO have them, yet they do with the grille lights (and the vertexes sometimes). ;)

Quickstep80

May 30, 2012
Europe
TheGatekeeper said:
No dash or beacon although they have them..
I like that part:

But I fully understand that the throwlight needs to be off. It's an undercover vehicle, finally. ;)

Snibsey

Sep 12, 2012
UK
If you think those are bad The Met' was still equipping unmarked cars with Winkworth Gongs (a bell) as their only means of clearing the way until the late 1980s.

PJH

May 23, 2010
CO Springs&West PointNY
From way above...yes the Rotoray is spinning faster than the camera can capture. Not amp draw, not hooked to the Q, just fast. If you look at the back at the ladder truck when its stopped behind it, you can see the circle of lights still going while it looks stopped on the engine.

Also from above, many of the Met cars had the strobes as well and we all know how well video captures strobe flashes.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.