Whelen BLINK / B-LINK / Serial thread

C17LVFD

I tried building my own, but whenever I try to export it, an error comes up as "Communications failure." Does anybody have advice?

Is everything turned on? How is your converter wired? What version of software are you using? USB or serial? What is your computer hardware configuration?

Could be a hundred different issues. To troubleshoot we need details and pictures. Comm failure would say to me something isn't on.. the Comm port isn't set correctly or there's a loose wire somewhere.

Seth

C17LVFD

I've had mixed results with a USB to serial converter so that maybe one issue. Likely the bigger issue is Windows 10... I believe 5.3.3 was made for use in XP... I'd find an older laptop running XP and try it again.

five0fan

Registered Member
I've had mixed results with a USB to serial converter so that maybe one issue. Likely the bigger issue is Windows 10... I believe 5.3.3 was made for use in XP... I'd find an older laptop running XP and try it again.
Thanks for the advice! I'll give it a shot, hopefully it'll work. Will advise. Only have a desktop with XP, gonna have to fire it up. Poor dinosaur hasn't seen much action in quite some time.

Justin

Does anyone have the file to program the controllers? I need 5.3.3 for a blink box, whelen is closed today and was hoping to get the project done this weekend.

jdessek

Registered Member
Our Fire Department recently purchased a 1997 Rescue truck with only 5,000 miles. We have been working on it and just recently placed it into service. The controller is a MPC01 with 2 BL627 amplifiers, 2 BL188, 1 ISP 94 and 1 BL405. We added another ISP94 changed the program to read it. Now when all of the lights are on the 4 halogen scene lights that are connected to the BL405A flash. Everything else works as it should. We disconnect the ISP 94 and they work properly.

Any suggestions?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Five0686
Top Bottom