Wilson LED conversions - multiple models and repair

Just bought a bunch (x4) of whelen M2s that are white in color. Need it switched to Red, is this a doable light head?

Just waiting for them to arrive...

Sparky_911

Gold Supporter
I asked him about a pair of M6s while back and he could do those.

bdwhit

Brian,
You converted about 20 Whelen LINZ6's and several Vertex's for me a while back. One of the heads that you were able to exchange under warranty has a moisture problem, so I opened it up and dried it out. Now only half of the leds work. This was a blue LINZ6 that you converted to amber. I am done dealing with this problematic head, so I trashed it. I am using one of the "smart" heads you converted for me as a temp. fill in, but it only works correctly in flash mode. When I switch to "arrowstick" mode, left, right, or center out, the head doesn't light up. My question is: If I buy a Whelen amber LINZ6 from here or ebay, will the color match?

OP
OP
wilsonbr90

wilsonbr90

Wilson LED
i use factory color leds. as long as they are dated around the same time they should match no problem.

Nolines

Silver Supporter
I bought a Amber cornered liberty lfl bar and need to change 2 corners to green, and or 1 green and white( takedown add on ) and a amber corner to amber white ( takedown add on ) and the other from Amber to green, these are the extended corners 12 I think. Thoughts, costs?

OP
OP
wilsonbr90

wilsonbr90

Wilson LED
All PMs replied to

I bought a Amber cornered liberty lfl bar and need to change 2 corners to green, and or 1 green and white( takedown add on ) and a amber corner to amber white ( takedown add on ) and the other from Amber to green, these are the extended corners 12 I think. Thoughts, costs?
Depending on manufacture date of the modules your looking at $2 to $5 per led plus shipping

eureka447

You did work for me before,great job.I have 2 federal cudatrioptic lights,one blue& one amber.They seem to be dim.Can you replace the leds w/ a more brighter type. Model 351012,series 8.Thanx

OP
OP
wilsonbr90

wilsonbr90

Wilson LED
You did work for me before,great job.I have 2 federal cudatrioptic lights,one blue& one amber.They seem to be dim.Can you replace the leds w/ a more brighter type. Model 351012,series 8.Thanx
at the very least if the leds are getting worn i can replace them to achieve maximum output

OP
OP
wilsonbr90

wilsonbr90

Wilson LED
I'm here, still lurking. Anyone want to hook me up with a job near greeneville, SC?

JakeNShake121

Registered Member
Currently have a DUO 48 Liberty II (IB8DEDE) that's R/W - B/W and the same in the rear but switch the white out for amber for the TA. Looking to get a total price minus shipping on what it would cost to have the red in 8 DUO heads switched to blue (2 of those are corner modules). Would I have to get the entire bar done to make everything look the same or are the LED's the same comparison wise?

OP
OP
wilsonbr90

wilsonbr90

Wilson LED
Currently have a DUO 48 Liberty II (IB8DEDE) that's R/W - B/W and the same in the rear but switch the white out for amber for the TA. Looking to get a total price minus shipping on what it would cost to have the red in 8 DUO heads switched to blue (2 of those are corner modules). Would I have to get the entire bar done to make everything look the same or are the LED's the same comparison wise?
The red i can match, shouldnt be an issue. Whelen used 2 different leds on those modules depending in the vintage. Feel free send me a PM and we can discuss pricing based on what it was equipped with

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Unanswered questions
Members
Latest member
Marauderleader
Top Bottom