Wilson LED conversions - multiple models and repair

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
I asked him about a pair of M6s while back and he could do those.

Reactions: Edmontonsecurity

bdwhit

Jun 26, 2010
Olathe,Kansas
Brian,
You converted about 20 Whelen LINZ6's and several Vertex's for me a while back. One of the heads that you were able to exchange under warranty has a moisture problem, so I opened it up and dried it out. Now only half of the leds work. This was a blue LINZ6 that you converted to amber. I am done dealing with this problematic head, so I trashed it. I am using one of the "smart" heads you converted for me as a temp. fill in, but it only works correctly in flash mode. When I switch to "arrowstick" mode, left, right, or center out, the head doesn't light up. My question is: If I buy a Whelen amber LINZ6 from here or ebay, will the color match?

wilsonbr90

Sep 30, 2013
Corning, New York
i use factory color leds. as long as they are dated around the same time they should match no problem.

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
I bought a Amber cornered liberty lfl bar and need to change 2 corners to green, and or 1 green and white( takedown add on ) and a amber corner to amber white ( takedown add on ) and the other from Amber to green, these are the extended corners 12 I think. Thoughts, costs?

wilsonbr90

Sep 30, 2013
Corning, New York
All PMs replied to

I bought a Amber cornered liberty lfl bar and need to change 2 corners to green, and or 1 green and white( takedown add on ) and a amber corner to amber white ( takedown add on ) and the other from Amber to green, these are the extended corners 12 I think. Thoughts, costs?

Depending on manufacture date of the modules your looking at $2 to $5 per led plus shipping

eureka447

Feb 26, 2014
nassau ny
You did work for me before,great job.I have 2 federal cudatrioptic lights,one blue& one amber.They seem to be dim.Can you replace the leds w/ a more brighter type. Model 351012,series 8.Thanx

wilsonbr90

Sep 30, 2013
Corning, New York
You did work for me before,great job.I have 2 federal cudatrioptic lights,one blue& one amber.They seem to be dim.Can you replace the leds w/ a more brighter type. Model 351012,series 8.Thanx
at the very least if the leds are getting worn i can replace them to achieve maximum output

JakeNShake121

Jun 12, 2014
NJ
Currently have a DUO 48 Liberty II (IB8DEDE) that's R/W - B/W and the same in the rear but switch the white out for amber for the TA. Looking to get a total price minus shipping on what it would cost to have the red in 8 DUO heads switched to blue (2 of those are corner modules). Would I have to get the entire bar done to make everything look the same or are the LED's the same comparison wise?

Reactions: wilsonbr90

wilsonbr90

Sep 30, 2013
Corning, New York
Currently have a DUO 48 Liberty II (IB8DEDE) that's R/W - B/W and the same in the rear but switch the white out for amber for the TA. Looking to get a total price minus shipping on what it would cost to have the red in 8 DUO heads switched to blue (2 of those are corner modules). Would I have to get the entire bar done to make everything look the same or are the LED's the same comparison wise?
The red i can match, shouldnt be an issue. Whelen used 2 different leds on those modules depending in the vintage. Feel free send me a PM and we can discuss pricing based on what it was equipped with

Reactions: JakeNShake121

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.