Wilson LED conversions - multiple models and repair

wilsonbr90

Sep 30, 2013
Corning, New York
I can and have done the nforce heads. I dont like to because of how new they are. There's always a chance for failure on those small form factor heads

All pm's replied I believe

JakeNShake121

Jun 12, 2014
NJ
Sorry if this has been asked before, just can't find an answer. Would you be able to change a Whelen RWB ION TRIO to a BWW? I recently purchased a pair of DUO's and was a little disappointing that I couldn't use blue and white while also having a white flood without upgrading to something like carbide. Also, what would that cost me?

wilsonbr90

Sep 30, 2013
Corning, New York
Duo and trio ions are touchy. The components are becoming so small I can't keep the heat separate. They use the brand new cree xq leds

wilsonbr90

Sep 30, 2013
Corning, New York
@JakeNShake121 it's a how much are you wiling to gamble, I'll take a stab, but theres no promises

@ask80 I'm only doing linz6 heads that easily come apart. Some are sealed so tight I cant get them apart without damage

FusionWolf

Oct 8, 2012
Massachusetts
Been trying to keep up with this thread for what can be done. Is there any word on the 500 duo modules? Have a set of red amber I'd like to get as red white

Also saw you can change the 4200 lighting. What about a cencom to orange?

wilsonbr90

Sep 30, 2013
Corning, New York
Duos are no problem at all. Yes i could do a cencom

If its an led issue with a vertex I can fix it, if its in the driver then I cant

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Wilson.....looking to get a pair of b/w M6s to all blue. PM sent. Had your digits but lost them in a phone upgrade.

Edmontonsecurity

May 21, 2014
Alberta canada
Wilson,

I am curious about a LED switch on the new Ford Interceptor Utility integrated lights (front visor/rear spoiler).

I may have got a line on a set of these units used problem is they are red/blue. I cannot run that and can only run red.

Curious if you would be able to do these new lightheads before i start attempting to purchase.

Thanks!

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Brian, here's an odd question for you.

I have 2 light heads mounted in the sockets for my vehicle's fog lights. They have clear lenses. If I take them out when I sell the car, I'd have holes left there. Instead, I would like to zap those light heads, to burn out all the LEDs in them. (I would explain to the buyer that they are not working fog lights.) Would I just need to hook up the 110V house current to them for a moment to accomplish this disabling of the lights?

Reactions: Skippy

wilsonbr90

Sep 30, 2013
Corning, New York

I have 2 light heads mounted in the sockets for my vehicle's fog lights. They have clear lenses. If I take them out when I sell the car, I'd have holes left there. Instead, I would like to zap those light heads, to burn out all the LEDs in them. (I would explain to the buyer that they are not working fog lights.) Would I just need to hook up the 110V house current to them for a moment to accomplish this disabling of the lights?

Certainly should work if your careful

FusionWolf

Oct 8, 2012
Massachusetts
Just got my vertexs back from Wilson converted from blue and white to Amber. Amazing output great solder work. They are working flawlessly. thank you Wilson

Reactions: wilsonbr90

PTRJason

Jul 25, 2010
Silverpeak, NV

Jazz. You maybe able to find some cheap used for lights on eBay to replace them. That way you can save the LEDs for something else, or sell those and get some extra cash.

Fighting17th

Jan 19, 2012
PA, Washington County
Got back several Whelen 500's for a traffic advisor and some Raiders, and a few modules for an Inner Edge a few weeks ago. Finished the project for my chief a few days ago, and as always, GREAT job to Wilson, they looked great and Chief was happy! Thanks once again!

Reactions: wilsonbr90

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.