Official "Whacker" or "Screwed Up Install" Thread

Is this the worst spotlight install you have ever seen?

• Yes

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • No

Votes: 37 78.7%

• Total voters
May 9, 2012
Central Florida
I like how in almost every one of his videos, he starts off by saying, "Figured I'd do just a quick walk around of my lights" lol...this guy!! But a positive for him...I bet you he is a really nice guy, just kinda....not so bright lol :duh:

K9Vic

May 23, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
IshyFlynn said:

Edit:

In his defense, he seems to have done this unit up as a demo car as he is a retailer of lights.

Kind of off topic, but I absolute hate that F*CKING song. I had the person that created that crap ask me if I would change one of my videos to that song for $25 via PayPal. I told them to f*uck off.

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
TheGatekeeper said:
It does take more than a black CVPI....

i have had that happen to me before.

But they were delt with a few days later.

dont fuck with the police :) they will fuck up your life LOL

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
yeah I noticed that... Can't even afford a decent paint job...

Private Security that thinks it's Special Forces...

Ipuvaepe

Jun 25, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
If it wasn't parked in a handicap spot outside a McDonalds, and didn't have a "Penna State Fire Police" keystone emblem looking very similar to the PSP emblem, it would seem legit.

ai.imgur.com_82Ngj.jpg

ai.imgur.com_b3e7D.jpg

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
I never understood the meaning or reasoning behing the "PA State Fire Police" or "PA State 'Special' Fire Police" was... I myself am an FP, and never found anything on them... Although, I didn't search real hard... lol

IshyFlynn

Feb 8, 2012
Maine
This is a local news story that I saw today...

You have to look in the first five seconds of the video... and there it is in all it's wacktastic glory.

A screenshot for you lazy people:

ai48.tinypic.com_m4j7s.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
IshyFlynn said:
This is a local news story that I saw today...
You have to look in the first five seconds of the video... and there it is in all it's wacktastic glory.

A screenshot for you lazy people:

ai48.tinypic.com_m4j7s.jpg

What type of group is it? Reminds me of my city police's Citizens On Patrol vehicle. Doesn't look bad, says volunteer very clearly, has amber lenses, etc.

IshyFlynn

Feb 8, 2012
Maine
Not to be critical... but do you really need a car like that with a lightbar for a citizens patrol? My towns citizen patrol unit is a jeep. It's conspicuously marked (volunteer... what exactly?) as a citizens patrol.

Dec 4, 2011
US NC
IshyFlynn said:
Not to be critical... but do you really need a car like that with a lightbar for a citizens patrol? My towns citizen patrol unit is a jeep. It's conspicuously marked (volunteer... what exactly?) as a citizens patrol.

In my town, the citizens patrol vehicle is an old police cruiser, very conspicuously marked with amber lighting. Why the lights you ask? I don't know about this one, but in my town, the citizens patrol can assist on accident scenes by directing traffic, closing lanes, ect. with the vehicle they drive. By giving them a light bar, they can handle traffic control at an accident, remain visible, and free up the officer to attend to another call instead of waiting there for the tow truck. This also applies for vehicles stalled in the roadway, and a number of other things.

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
You see a lot of "Volunteer/Citizen" patrols in Florida. I have seen them do traffic at accidents, I don't know what else they do maybe parking and other types of enforcement.

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
IshyFlynn said:
Not to be critical... but do you really need a car like that with a lightbar for a citizens patrol?

'Need'? No, but I can tell you why it's the way it is: Money. My city only drives CVPI's and it's a lot cheaper to buy new decals and amber lenses then buy a different style vehicle. The COPs car has an amber Edge and traffic adviser, as well as a 4 strobe HAW system because they were all already installed. The stickers are a totally different style and looks less 'police' then a lot of security companies. The siren, cage, push bumper, camera, radar, and mobile radio were all removed and re-used. The COP volunteers use a portable radio and assist with traffic direction at funerals, wrecks, school zones, etc. and will 'back up' officers on stops by sitting behind them with their rear lights on. If the officer needs help, they are only supposed to call it out on the radio... if that actually happens when an officer is in serious need of help doesn't need to be discussed.

GreenZone09

Mar 4, 2011
West Coast, US
lafd55 said:
You see a lot of "Volunteer/Citizen" patrols in Florida. I have seen them do traffic at accidents, I don't know what else they do maybe parking and other types of enforcement.

It's not just in Florida. It's across the US. I don't categorize these vehicles in the same groups as the other 'whacktastic' vehicles in this thread. If they're working in an official capacity of any sort for a gov't agency, that goes in another category in my mind. Furthermore, there's plenty of reasons to have adequate warning lights installed on said gov't vehicles. Now, for example, if that particular vehicle above belonged to Joe Schmoe of Smallville who is not affiliated with any agency then things would be a different story.

Last edited by a moderator:

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
firefighter31 said:
I came across this on youtube while watching pov vids. I like the Radar and way too big of a lightbar on way too small of a car...

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. What losers!

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
went to a ham tailgate part this weekend.

pics of whackermobiles...

whack 3.jpg

i think ive seen this car online somewhere. it has an amber strobe guardian on an all black mercury maruader. tinted windows, and about 6 antennas from hf - 900mhz

cart.jpg

an electric golf cart with a half advantegde

whack1.jpg

looks official?

whack2.jpg

yeah we can all be safe now its DSTAR to the rescue!!!

and here's the best for last.

whack 5.jpg

whack 6.jpg

ok doesnt seem to bad he's only got 8 antennas a full size strobe lightbar and arrow stick... cant be that bad right? no skywarn stickers, or races ro ares stuff?

whack 4.jpg

ohh look a siren!!!

firefighter31

Sep 16, 2011
Missouri
An I'm sure the siren is for the built in switchbox or the PA incase of an "emergency" dont get me wrong I'm a HAM but i also am oem and have proper id-card to have a noise maker:)

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
I think this qualifies for a "your doing it wrong" award. :crazy: :crazy:

firefighter31

Sep 16, 2011
Missouri
thats not near as bad as the whole siren/ light system that was posted a while back here that was ran off of a cig plug and siren had magnets on it to hold it on

Ipuvaepe

Jun 25, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania

jph2

Apr 21, 2012
USA Michigan
I'd seen this car before, but now it's added a "pushbar" and a mini bar and I was quick enough to snap a pic. The black and gold stripes are common livery for sheriff's cars in MI.

P1030445.JPG

The sign where the front registration tag goes says Danger High Voltage Overhead. Maybe it should read more like Vacuum in Head.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NearlyEpoint

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.