Official "Whacker" or "Screwed Up Install" Thread

Is this the worst spotlight install you have ever seen?

• Yes

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • No

Votes: 37 78.7%

• Total voters

K9Vic

May 23, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
Jarred J. said:
i think thats been posted on here a few times

I believe you are correct, when it was on eBay it was a subject of discussion. I think I have pictures from that but was not able to find them quickly, I will continue my search.

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
The rear center module appears to be free-floating. Also, it has corner modules in the front, but not in the rear.

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
shues said:

shues said:
The rear center module appears to be free-floating. Also, it has corner modules in the front, but not in the rear.

Looks like the center module is mounted in the "bucket" as its supposed to be, and the othrer 2 are just slid into the rails of the lightbar frame... Not a horrible concept... I did this with a 22" LFL Strobe before... Replaced the 2 rear corners with 500 series strobes (cause thats all I had) and just slid them into the rails... Looked and worked good...

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
TritonBoulder47 said:
Looks like the center module is mounted in the "bucket" as its supposed to be, and the othrer 2 are just slid into the rails of the lightbar frame.

Okay, so that's what was done here. Seeing this really threw me for a loop.

ffemt045

May 24, 2010
belmont NY
Saw this at a neighboring dept a few weeks ago. This guy has a 1 ton dually diesel with air horns, a amber bar, and then the dash light with mirror attached to the roof! And to top it all of he even blew the horn approaching the scene........

ai1219.photobucket.com_albums_dd437_procair_DSC00842.jpg

ohpsv

Mar 7, 2012
Central Ohio
Just a "Heads-Up" for central Ohio motorists... You might see this particular car traveling on U.S. Route 23 between Delaware, Ohio and the City of Worthington, especially during AM/PM rush hour traffic. Why would a Ford Taurus sedan such as this feature a "Police Interceptor" decal? Regardless of it's tinted windows along with the decal, I'm still not buying this - period. Have any other central Ohio motorists seen this?

DSCF6952.jpg

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
wow. makes ya wonder how its stays put. imagine the shield creates quite the drag

*edit: that was meant for the p/u that had the dashlight mounted on the roof. no idea what page it was :/

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN

this was a video after the delta 3 light video in the ring.

this guy may be credible but the vehicle screams whacker with crappy lights.

clear in multiple locatuions to the rear. he loves his "stobes"

his led bar is bright as hell and then a minute later its "pretty bright"

bunnyfurr

Aug 29, 2010
WA
ohpsv said:
Just a "Heads-Up" for central Ohio motorists... You might see this particular car traveling on U.S. Route 23 between Delaware, Ohio and the City of Worthington, especially during AM/PM rush hour traffic. Why would a Ford Taurus sedan such as this feature a "Police Interceptor" decal? Regardless of it's tinted windows along with the decal, I'm still not buying this - period. Have any other central Ohio motorists seen this?

I and a couple others put them on our Goldwing motorcycles. We have a friend in the motor pool dept who took them off the wrecked units. A little double back tape does wonders. The state patrol officer who pulled me over stated he did not know Honda made interceptor motors. !!!!!!!!

firefighter31

Sep 16, 2011
Missouri
Jarred J. said:
this was a video after the delta 3 light video in the ring.

this guy may be credible but the vehicle screams whacker with crappy lights.

clear in multiple locatuions to the rear. he loves his "stobes"

his led bar is bright as hell and then a minute later its "pretty bright"

What rear lights?!

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
I have seen that Delta lightbar in person and its actually a nice bar except for it looking stupid in its shape and color its actually pretty bright some of the city trucks around here have them in Amber Blue and i thought it was a liberty from far away. Now for the rest of that crap well thats just poor judgement on his part for buing it.

AerodyMANIAC

May 1, 2012
Northeast
Saw this on the net and it gave me heartburn.

Im no professional installer...I just barely know how to change the batteries on my remote control cable box....but this LIGHTBAR install is no joke..

detail-------37d40f5.jpg

Wait! that is correct i guess if your driving in reverse the arrow bar would work!

detail-------a464242.jpg

detail-------1857605.jpg

detail-------1833175.jpg

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
AerodyMANIAC said:
Saw this on the net and it gave me heartburn.
Im no professional installer...I just barely know how to change the batteries on my remote control cable box....but this LIGHTBAR install is no joke..

View attachment 30913View attachment 30914View attachment 30915View attachment 30916

Wait! that is correct i guess if your driving in reverse the arrow bar would work!

I'm thinking that this was for a TV show of some sort... There are only genaric markings on the car, and no real identifiers (That I can see anyway) I've seen this hundreds of times on TV shows through the years...

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
Be it a prop car,or legit,seems someone didn't quite do their homework.

:popcorn:

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Phoenix_Rising said:
Be it a prop car,or legit,seems someone didn't quite do their homework.

:popcorn:

And not doing the homework is not unusual, especially for tv shows.

K9Vic

May 23, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
I saw this today, have no idea why this thing was parked in the grass on a hill, but it is whacker. Yeah I blocked out the name and number, but anyone local like HILO will probably know who they are.

aimages60.fotki.com_v367_photos_9_14219_7700478_WhackerSecurityCVPI050512_vi.jpg

--------------------------------

This guy did not like me taking a picture of his whacked out security car, but I educated him on the laws. There is no expectation of privacy in a public place and taking pictures is not illegal nor an invasion of your privacy. I do not know where or what they patrol, but I have seen them sitting in parking lots a few times now.

aimages53.fotki.com_v665_photos_9_14219_7700478_GLOBALSECURITYChargerBedford01_vi.jpg

Tristar

May 24, 2010
MA
K9Vic said:
I saw this today, have no idea why this thing was parked in the grass on a hill, but it is whacker. Yeah I blocked out the name and number, but anyone local like HILO will probably know who they are.

aimages60.fotki.com_v367_photos_9_14219_7700478_WhackerSecurityCVPI050512_vi.jpg

--------------------------------

I find it interesting that the wackermobile has "911" on it! Also, security companies in Texas are allowed to have red and blue lights facing to the front? Why?

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
Tristar said:
They are not! Red, blue and clear arefor LE/First Responder/Fire EMS. For some reason, blue and clear are rarely enforced. That car is an ex Dallas Sheriffs car. They left the hood color, and the r/b lights and sent it to auction.

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
That hood looks like it was sprayed with flat black paint, plus the trunk would be black too...?

AerodyMANIAC

May 1, 2012
Northeast
lafd55 said:
That hood looks like it was sprayed with flat black paint, plus the trunk would be black too...?

Some race cars semi flat black their hoods from the70s to keep to sun glare from bouncing off the hoods and blinding you when you drive...they woudlnt paint the trunk, it would be pointless.

ACTUALLY i just noticed a black rubber or something on the trunk?

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
But the security crown vic has a sweet millennium on it!

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
Could have been. Constable car as well. Either way it is an ex Dallas county car. The old paint was cheap and not factory, so it faded black like that. Dallas County also used those r/b lights. And I can make out roof numbers in Dallas County style. It's pretty common for people to buy wrecked cars and fix them, which would account for the white trunk and fresh paint on the rear. The black mat in the trunk looks like a solar charger.

AerodyMANIAC

May 1, 2012
Northeast
HILO said:
Could have been. Constable car as well. Either way it is an ex Dallas county car. The old paint was cheap and not factory, so it faded black like that. Dallas County also used those r/b lights. And I can make out roof numbers in Dallas County style. It's pretty common for people to buy wrecked cars and fix them, which would account for the white trunk and fresh paint on the rear. The black mat in the trunk looks like a solar charger.

got it, ok thanks for the info :)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.